Minilady's Diary... getting back on track

minilady

Gold Member
When I was ssing I kept a diary, this really helped me, I guess it also helped that it was a joint diary, so I had a buddy to keep me in line and also to compete with;)

I found as my weight loss was nearing the end, I posted less and less. Then maintenance began and so I started a maintenance diary on my own this time, which I avidly wrote in until again I was settled into maintaining and didn't feel the constant need for posting.

Now I'm going through phase 3 and once again will be typing away to myself....Stopping smoking:eek::eek::eek::eek:

How will I cope:confused:, I love my fags:smoke:, they are my friend just as donuts were once my friend. How will I cope losing 2 close friends who have been with me forever and seen me through the good and more importantly the bad times:eek::eek::eek::eek: I've relied on them, can I do it alone:cry:

I actually hadn't planned the big quit quite yet:sigh: I had a plan, lose weight, maintain for 1 year and then quit. However things have changed, I'm having (and have been for some time:rolleyes:) trouble with my gums, bad gum disease:eek: I've lost several teeth due to this and eventually more will follow, anyhoo dentist has repeatedly:( told me that if I didn't smoke, things wouldn't be so bad. I actually didn't really believe him, mainly as he has the worst smelling breath:eek: How can what he says be true:confused: If he knew what he was talking about his breath would be as fresh as a daisy;)

But his hateful words are true, since I have lost weight my mouth has been so painful:( Which in a way was good...it hurts to eat:p I used to smoke about 15 cigs a day pre diet, I now smoke 20-25 fags a day:eek:

So after a particularly bad night last night with sore gums and a head that felt like it would explode with the current abcess I've decided to quit:cool:

Needless to say I am currently writing this for something to occupy my mind. I haven't had a fag so far, but have shouted at my children and several members of the public!

giving up is the best thing you can do for ur self .Seek help from all available sources docs chemist friends and just like the diet keep trying.Me and hubby gave up last year me on willpower him on tablets from docs both are still none smokers and staying that way .Feel free to come on here and have a rant if it helps xxxx

You can do this! :)

I gave up smoking the same day I started trying to lose weight.

Let us know how you are going!

Crikey!!!!!:eek: Well done to you:):):) I presume you're still not smoking? My hat goes off to you, I had to do one thing at a time. Will keep you posted:)

giving up is the best thing you can do for ur self .Seek help from all available sources docs chemist friends and just like the diet keep trying.Me and hubby gave up last year me on willpower him on tablets from docs both are still none smokers and staying that way .Feel free to come on here and have a rant if it helps xxxx

Thanks Mandye for your support.

Congratulations to both you and hubby for quitting:):):) Did you find it hard doing it together? My hubby and I tried to give up 3 years ago, we were both so snappy that after about 4 weeks and a huge row:rolleyes: I popped to the shop and bought a pack of 10, left them lying on the side in the hope that hubby would see them and have a crafty one and be in a better mood. Unfortunately it backfired on me and he resisted and I ended up smoking them:rolleyes::(

Hubby has now not smoked for 3 years:)

Tracey
x

End of day 1

This is sooo hard:( I want a cigarette and I want to eat, feeling fed up and ratty:mad:

I am extremely concerned that I will put weight on, so have decided to follow CD 1000 plan. I feel that if I am strict with my food consumption for the first couple of weeks of not smoking, I'll be less likely to replace smokes with food (unlike hubby who replaced smokes with cadburys flakes:eek:)

Not sure if this theory will work, but am putting it to the test anyway!

So I have accomplished a whole day without a smoke:eek: I feel good about this even though I could easily light one now and could easily raid the fridge.

I'm going to shower and go straight to bed, get an early night.

On the plus side: Gums feeling a bit better
No overeating to compensate
Saved £5.00
Don't smell like ash tray

Oh and my son told hubby about not smoking:sigh: H is working away in Manchester and I'd decided not to say anything yet, just to make sure I could atleast last a day, but now he knows and the txt'd jokes have begun:rolleyes::(

Well done for making it through the first day. EXCELLENT WORK! :)

Can I give you on bit of advice? Exercise and drink lots of water.

I know you will do this!

Oh, to answer your questions: no I haven't had a cigarette since the first day of counting calories and starting my weight loss journey. If I can do it, anyone can do it!

Well done for making it through the first day. EXCELLENT WORK! :)

Can I give you on bit of advice? Exercise and drink lots of water.

I know you will do this!

Oh, to answer your questions: no I haven't had a cigarette since the first day of counting calories and starting my weight loss journey. If I can do it, anyone can do it!

Thanks:) It really helps talking to others who have done this, most of my friends smoke and I only know 2 people to have given up (my dad and my hubby).

Yesterday, each time I felt like a cig I would take a couple of deep breaths as if inhaling and then had a glass of water. I am going to get more orgainised where exercise is concerned, I keep putting things off, have been swimming a couple of times, but must be more regular and get a routine going.

Today I feel quite positive:):):)

Tracey
x

Day 2

Got an inhaler!

I keep puffing away on it but I still could have a cigarette, and have to confess to overeating this evening:eek::(

Had a slight disagreement with someone online, felt fed up and hit the food stores:(:(:(:(

Off to bed now, hopefully a better day tomorrow:)

Day 2

Got an inhaler!

I keep puffing away on it but I still could have a cigarette, and have to confess to overeating this evening:eek::(

Had a slight disagreement with someone online, felt fed up and hit the food stores:(:(:(:(

Off to bed now, hopefully a better day tomorrow:)

OMG, sorry to hear about the disagreement. Are you okay?

Don't worry it's only one day.......I know you can do this! :)

Can I please post some things that I did to help quit smoking and keep dieting and exercising?

Hang in there, K?

BIG HUGS!!!:)

OMG, sorry to hear about the disagreement. Are you okay?

Don't worry it's only one day.......I know you can do this! :)

Can I please post some things that I did to help quit smoking and keep dieting and exercising?

Hang in there, K?

BIG HUGS!!!:)

Hi

I'm fine this morning, just let something really silly get to me (probably would have felt a lot calmer had I have had a ciggie;)). I ate 1/2 a choc swiss roll instead:eek: oh and a packet of cheese and onion crisps:eek: and a big glass of red wine:eek::eek:

Felt bad about the binge last night, but this morning realised although it was a binge I managed to stop before it got totally out of control and at points I thought, just have a ciggie and you'll stop, but didn't have one:D

Yes I'd love for you to give me some tips:D:D Thankyou so much:flowers:

Tracey
x

Hiya Tracey
Well done you! Are you using the inhalator? I remember using that - someone thought I was smoking a big tampax insertor, and someone else thought it was a big joint!!:eek:
I found nicotine gum best. I stopped for nearly 4 years then my dad died and I lost my job and various things turned to ratsh!t and I started again .... I plan to stop again once I get to goal.
Hats off to the person above who did both at the same time!:D
I think if I did that I would turn into a homicidal maniac...:eek:

Hi Tracey,

I love my fags:smoke:

I so loved smoking as well:sigh:

My tenth anniversary was last month and I would have to say I am so happy to be a non smoker now.

I did not find it easy to give them up, I was still getting cravings on and off and like it says in some books I have read that a craving lasts three minutes...I wish:rolleyes: I found mine lasted for days and brought me to my knees at times.

At nine months I had my worst craving ever which lasted for three weeks and I felt if I did not get through it I was never going to try and give up smoking ever again...but some how I did mange to get through it and hand on my heart I have never wanted to smoke since then.

I finally got that monkey off my back. Sadly the fat one got on and I am working hard at shifting him.

I think your doing great and watching your diet is crucial...I never could of imagined I could of gained so much weight:cry:

Love Mini xxx

I gave up 3 years ago next week :D i can only give you one tip.

DON'T REPLACE FAGS WITH FOOD!!!!!!!!
i was 11 st when i gave up and i gained nearly 6 stone because i ate to stop the cravings :cry: Good luk hun i'm sure you can do it :D

Hiya Tracey
Well done you! Are you using the inhalator? I remember using that - someone thought I was smoking a big tampax insertor, and someone else thought it was a big joint!!:eek:

:giggle:That has really made me giggle! I haven't used mine in public yet;) I looked at it this morning and it reminded me of the gas and air mouthpieces you get in hospital when you're giving birth, it's all chewed up already, I've only had it 24 hours:eek: I've found biting it as hard as I can is quite a good stress reliever:D Now I'm going to be thinking of a tampax insertor though:eek:

I found nicotine gum best. I stopped for nearly 4 years then my dad died and I lost my job and various things turned to ratsh!t and I started again .... I plan to stop again once I get to goal.
Hats off to the person above who did both at the same time!:D
I think if I did that I would turn into a homicidal maniac...:eek:

I'm sorry to hear about your Dad, it's a toughie losing someone so close.

I think may try the gum, this will be good as it may stop me from overeating.

Hi Tracey,

I so loved smoking as well:sigh:

My tenth anniversary was last month and I would have to say I am so happy to be a non smoker now.

Wow Mini that's fantastic!!!!:D:D

I did not find it easy to give them up, I was still getting cravings on and off and like it says in some books I have read that a craving lasts three minutes...I wish:rolleyes: I found mine lasted for days and brought me to my knees at times.

I wish it were 3 mins:rolleyes: Why do some books try to con us this way;)

At nine months I had my worst craving ever which lasted for three weeks and I felt if I did not get through it I was never going to try and give up smoking ever again...but some how I did mange to get through it and hand on my heart I have never wanted to smoke since then.

Still craving at nine months:sigh:

I finally got that monkey off my back. Sadly the fat one got on and I am working hard at shifting him.

I think your doing great and watching your diet is crucial...I never could of imagined I could of gained so much weight:cry:

I am very conscious of this. I love being slim, it's something I never thought I'd be and will not take for granted. I've been overweight and a smoker since the age of 13:( Now I'm in my 40's I'd like to see out my days as healthily as I possibly can. First the weight went, now the smokes.

Love Mini xxx

I gave up 3 years ago next week :D i can only give you one tip.

DON'T REPLACE FAGS WITH FOOD!!!!!!!!
i was 11 st when i gave up and i gained nearly 6 stone because i ate to stop the cravings :cry: Good luk hun i'm sure you can do it :D

Congratulations on giving up, In my opinion giving up smoking is harder than giving up food! How can this be:confused:
Im trying really hard not too! Wasn't too successful last night though:doh:

Thanks Ladies for all your support:flowers:

Tracey
x

lol I think you're right Trace!

Kenneth Williams springs to mind - its all a bit of a Carry on.

I love those films:D

You are doing well cracked the diet and now the smoking:party0038:

The smoking I think will take a little more time!

lol I think you're right Trace!

It's a shame really, I've always felt comfortable voicing my opinions and giving encouragement in the past, and I know that other peoples posts have really helped me succeed in losing weight and facing my food issues. I think after this episode I will limit my postings to my own diary and those that know me.

I love doing what I do, I feel passionately about CD, perhaps I was silly to carry on as I did yesterday, in retrospect I should have read the post, thought silly girl and moved on to another thread, but I didn't. I hope that lots of people on Minimins have read these posts and it's made them sit back and think 'I didn't realise I could do any harm selling on ebay, never thought I could be selling to a diabetic or a child'

Shame about Whiteyfishface though, I'd have quite liked to have counselled her;):D

Tracey
x

Day 3

Little confession:eek:

Went out with friends this evening, and missed so much;) but had 2 cigs:eek::eek::eek::eek:

What a failure, I blame the fact I was forced to endure bacardi! All was going well until about 11.00pm then I hunted out the nearest smoker and begged for not 1 but 2 cigs:eek: Surprisingly only after 2 days the first one tasted nasty, so smoked half then threw it away. The second I had on my way home and took a couple of puffs, felt guilty and threw that away too.

I bought gum this morning and quite liked chewing that, so back on track tomorrow and a restart.

Tracey

It's a shame really, I've always felt comfortable voicing my opinions and giving encouragement in the past, and I know that other peoples posts have really helped me succeed in losing weight and facing my food issues. I think after this episode I will limit my postings to my own diary and those that know me.

I love doing what I do, I feel passionately about CD, perhaps I was silly to carry on as I did yesterday, in retrospect I should have read the post, thought silly girl and moved on to another thread, but I didn't. I hope that lots of people on Minimins have read these posts and it's made them sit back and think 'I didn't realise I could do any harm selling on ebay, never thought I could be selling to a diabetic or a child'

Shame about Whiteyfishface though, I'd have quite liked to have counselled her;):D

Tracey
x

Hey Tracey

I don't know what happened but I will say this ....... you have a right to have your opinions. I'm not sure about what is being said about the CD and selling it on ebay to a diabetic? Hmm...all I can say is that people need to take responsibility for their own health. I am a diabetic and yes I listen to people's advice but at the end of the day I am responsible and take into consideration all the knowledge I have about my medical condition and make my own decision. Know what I mean?

Tracey, beautiful Tracey.......you are fantastic just the way you are! Just be you...you are great the way you are! :)

I think people's opinions are people's opinions..... we all have different opinions and personally I like my opinions and thoughts being challenged.

I know all this is none of my business but I just wanted to explain the situation from another point of view. Hope I have not offended you!

Oh, about the smoking.....the first cigarette does taste yuk, doesn't it?

My advice would be to increase exercise, drink lots of water. I had problems sleeping and did not sleep the first two days I quit. After 6 weeks it's so much easier......I recall sitting at the edge of the bed and crying at 3.00 am cause I wanted a cigarette. I just kept saying to myself, 'this is temporary and will not last forever'. I am dreading going through it all again but it is so worth it! :)

I know you can quit smoking and maintain your weight. Hang in there.....I promise it will get better.

Have a great day!:)

Back