Minimemo's - The rantings of a mad woman!

Go and have a look at the sticky Atkins tips and tricks and what it says about loss slowing down in weeks two and three. It's normal to stall or have only a small loss after the first big one - very few people have a great week 2. It's discouraging I know but keep going and when you look at monthly weights, after the first week you should be averaging at 2lbs a week lost. Some weeks more, some weeks less, but the average usually works out to that.

Don't change what you're doing looking for a cause. It's normal.

Thanks Ladies, feeling more up beat about it today, had a nice chinwag with my friend this morning over coffee, it's nice to chill and gossip!!!!
It's now only 6 weeks 1 day till hols!!! sooo excited just hope I don't go to over the top, I think alcohol will b my down fall :p
My food diary for today:
Breakfast
fried egg
3 slice of medallion bacon
Lunch
a couple of slices of cheese
peppered beef (gorgeous!!! 50g 1.4 carbs)
lettuce
3 cherry tomatoes
15 olives
tbl mayo
yum yum!!
Dinner
I think I'll have the same it was so nice!!!
is sparkling mineral water with a slice of lemon o.k, fancy it as a change to plain water????

Looks good! And your cherry toms are the only carby thing there so you should be fine having it all again ;)

It's my 2nd weigh in tomoz which feel me with fear and excitment!!!! I've been really good all week, but i've peeked a couple of times at the scales, and it wasn't that good?
It's not my water intake cause i've constantly got a bottle of water in hand!!!
Cannot believe the weather it was beautiful yesterday, today is bloody awful! and its gonna last till the wkend, what a bummer!! My friends organised a party which by all accounts is gonna b a wash out:sigh:
Also should b getting my hair cut, sooooo excited cause its not been cut for a long long time!!!!! and every time she comes round theres always a story to tell, its like shes on eastenders or something!!!!

Lots of people lose nothing at all the second week - it's totally normal and has happened to me before. So any loss is good and a sts is normal! Loss then evens out usually to 1 or 2lbs a week but Atkins is odd in that sometimes you lose 1 pound and sometimes you lose 3, eating the exact sane food. Stay on plan and the scales will go down. Good luck!

Morning:) hope all well today!

Thanks Katie,
everything is fabulous!!!! weighed myself this morning and I've only gone and lost 4lb !!!!!woohoo
must of been the last couple of days?
Had my nails soaked off this morning really didnt like them:( I had a different girl she made such a mess!
and the rain is starting toget on my nerves, a week of rain for one nice day, what is that about!!!!
Is it bad of me wanting to stay on induction for a few more weeks got hols in less than 5 weeks, want to loss as many as I can before then!
and then there's my friend Ali whose enjoying the journey also, so have to compete with her in getting the most weight lost!!!lol:p
I'm enjoying this journey with Alex she is making it easier and more enjoyable:D
Thanks Ali x

Well done - great loss:). No problem staying on induction as long as
You dont get bored of food
You commit to moving through the phases later - they are a really critical part of the success of the plan as it's about learning how to eat for life

I did about 6 months on induction and other have too

I agree with Kat1e, it's your call how long you do induction for. Last time I did strict induction for a couple of months and then introduced one new food a week (berries and such), if my weight continued dropping it was added to the ok list, if I stalled it got put on the 'later' list. I went on to OWL at about 7 months with just over a stone left to target and lost that last weight over 4 months. As Kat1e says, it's boredom that's the issue!

Woohoo well done Thad a fab loss! As for how long on induction I'm staying on until I have lost the bulk maybe 2 stone then will owl for the last stone

I do the first rung of owl - 30g carbs per day and allowing myself nuts and berries. I do it because I take medications which are 11g carbs per day- so technically I have up to 19g of carbs.

Last time I did Atkins I stayed on pure induction for 2 months. I'm losing at the same or a better rate this time as I did then. Some people apparently do lose better in owl.

Morning Ladies thanks for all your replies it really helps.
Yesterday was a good day watched the touch as it went into Manchester, but I must admit the build up was much better than seeing the runner (feel guilty saying that!!!)
but my friend put on a gathering, and I really surprised myself, I was not even tempted to eat any bread etc, and the amount of cakes was rediculous!!!! but I stuck to my guns and thought about the loss at the end of the week!!!

Looking forward to piri piri chicken for tea, had it last week it was gorgeous!!!!

My daughter is insisting that we go shopping cause she has a school trip on tuesday and she cant possibly wear any thing that people may have already seen her in!!!!!!!
Oh to be a child/teenager!!!Shes a size 6/8 and is constantly moaning about her (fat!!!!!!!!) thighs, which just tells me no matter what size u r theres something your not happy with!!!! But just to have a picture taken and look at it and not think "God who is that fat middle aged woman"!!!!!!

You'll have that picture in no time Mini :)

Glad you enjoyed the torch, did lots of people turn up? The torch is leaving from my work building on 23 July and I'm managing the event - got no idea how many people to expect!

Hi

Thats just a little bit of pressure!!!!

the turn out was really good, there were people all the way along, but only one deep. We had a party which was reaaly good and made better by the rain holding off, my daughter went into town because there was a free concert, she loved it!!!

So far this week I have resisted the temptation to weigh myself, which is quite a relieve!!! and makes weigh in day all the more exciting!!!
I happy cause i can feel the difference with my thighs ( lees of that hiddeous rubbing at the top) that is a nightmare in the summer!!!
Breakfast
2 egg cheesey omelette
Lunch
Tuna mayo salad
Dinner
Bacon stir fry + mayo

Mmm menu sounds scrummy :)

My torch event has been a bit challenging, to say the least, but we're pretty organised now, cross fingers! :)

Good luck with it, if the weathers good you'll get a really good turn out!

Back