Minimins CD 2008 - sign in thread

Hi I'm Kirsten

I'm 35 yrs old, married to a wonderfully supportive husband, no children. I work full time as a civil servant.

I've been overweight for pretty much all of my adult life (no particular reason why - just love food and an emotional eater). Decided to attempt CD after I saw the success a good friend had doing the diet.

I started 17.10.2007 at 14st 7lb (way too much for my 5ft 4.5in frame). Im now 11st 4lb and am intending to settle at 10st. Never thought I would stick at the diet or have success with it - but the fast losses appeal to my impatient nature where other diets have failed.

I really wish I'd found CD sooner and not put myself through years of misery - but I'm here now and I've got the rest of my life to enjoy!

Hi All,

My name is Tim, I'm 5'10 and 17st. I lost 4 stone on CD a couple of years ago, but it's gradually crept back on :(

So started again yesterday, aiming to lose about 4 stone again (only took 7 weeks last time :eek:) then get myself down the gym on a regular basis!

Cheers,

Tim.

Hi
I am Amanda and am on day 2 of LT (and knackered!). I have 5 stone to lose following a skiing accident two years ago. I get married on 26th July so I really need to do this - plus I am missing all the things I used to do before the accident!

Hello, im Emma im 33, currently a stay at home mum, both my girls at school aged 14yrs and 8yrs, i'm giving myself a year to sort myself out as im a constant failure on diets and ive got myself into a bit of a state after sadly losing my baby in April, ive allowed my weight to get to my biggest yet-19st 6 :cry: and i've been treated for depression! Obviously had a really bad year in 2007 so now its time to dust myself down and start again!

I did LL previously and lost 4 stone, since then i have played with cd, both before and after my pregnancy, so now is the time, i'm 5'4 and not sure of a target weight yet as i've not been below 14 stone in adulthood, so im aiming for around 11 stone for starters!
eeeekkkk thats 118lbs OMG!!
Also i love the support thats available on minimins and i think your all great! :eek:

Emma

hey im delli, aka edel, im 23 and a full-time social work student, graduating this july.
i started LL in august 07 at 12st12 (but highest weight was 13st8), and due to money difficulties, eventually switched to CD. the lowest ive got down to is 10st10 but am hovering about 11st at present since xmas! ultimate goal is 9st4, seems a long way off! another restart for me today, and i know the support that i get from everyone on minis is going to be invaluable as always!

Hiya Guys

I'm Jemma, I'm 23 and a PR student at Huddersfield Uni. I did Lipotrim then moved to CD from Oct 2006 to early Jan 2007 and lost over 3 stone. Felt great, look great and should have carried on but got into a relationship and the diet was history. I year later we are no longer together but the sugary cocktails and late night takeaways have meant the inevitable return of those excess 3 stones. Not good.

I then tried weight watchers as I could not face SS again and managed to lose a measly 7lb in the run from Oct - Xmas. Then put it all back on over Xmas.

So I am now back on CD and armed with my shaker to ensure that I am slim for my Graduation in July. Can't wear a ball gown with these bingo wings LOL!

So wish me luck... although I don't think it's luck I need this time around. I'm in a different place this time and completely determined to succeed.

Best of luck to everyone with their journey.

Hugs of support

Jem xxx

Start Date & Weight: 08 Jan 08 18 st 13.5 lbs

Hello peeps,

I'm Ruth, aged 29 (nearly 30). I am a credit underwriter by day and Body Shop At Home consultant by night. I live in Norfolk with my wonderful man who has kept me warm at night for the last 10 years. No kids and no pets, although I do have a rather large and eclectic music collection aswell as a penchant for all things sci-fi .

I have tried many diets over the years and (stealing a quote from Russian Doll) I had managed to "diet" my way from being a stone overweight to being nearly 7 stones overweight. At 5ft 7 and a peanut last Christmas 2006 I was tipping the scales at 17st 12 having put a stone and a half of that weight on in less than a year. I knew at the rate I was going I would be 20 stone by the following Christmas and was desperate to shed my poundage once and for all.

I started CD SS 21st April last year at 17stone and reached my target weight of 11st5 (bmi 24.9) at the beginning of October - I have been maintaining this weight ever since using a mixture of the GI based Cambridge stabilisation and maintenance steps along with calorie counting.

I am still having a shake a day - more because I LOVE THEM rather than needing them. Although I am considering dropping back down to a lower CD plan in the next 6mths to lose another 1/2- 1 stone.

I am a mega-minimins fan - I still rely on mini's to keep me motivated and on the straight and narrow!

Good luck to everyone starting out, those mid-journey and also those maintaining :).

hi im sue

Hi im sue ,im 41 married to a wonderfull hubby and have a fur baby called roxy,she is 17 yrs old this yr,i origonaly started cd to get my bmi down to under 30 which as u will see i have done,we are getting free funding for one attempt at ivf this year so i wanted to give myself a great startmi started cd in october 2007 and am pleased that i have nearly lost 2 stone,i have found it hard as im a cook for a kids nursery so have to taste food daily to check its cooked ect,and of course having to throw left over angel delight mmmmmmmmm..

Hiya, I'm Alleon aka Al.

I started CD last week as I want to lose nearly six stone

I'm 34, & I live in Leeds where I work for the council. I have been overweight for the past 10 years and would like to change my eating habits & shed this sumo suit. I really want to buy some new clothes and feel more feminine, most of my clothes are men's as these seem to fit the best. Plus size tops are always too short & same with the trousers. So I have had enough...

I am off to Lanzarote in the autumn & I want to be trim for then but it would be nice to be slim earlier as I always seem to suffer in summer- too big to wear skimpy clothing so I spend most of the time with heat exhaustion.

I have two boys and I want to make the most of their childhood, so I want to be able to keep up with them,go hiking & camping & most of all go swimming without the mega shame I feel at the moment.

I'm 5ft 11" & my starting weight was 17st 13. My BMI is 35 & my target weight is 12st.

My mantra is I can do this!

Hi i'm Christina 24 from Wigan and a community psychiatric nurse and getting married to Ste on 5th July this year :-D

Started dieting with WW summer 07 weighing 20st 2lbs lost 11lbs then started CD on the 1200 plan due to being on lifelong warfarin on 4th August 2007 at a hefty 19st 5lbs and after a car accident last week i'm currently 17st 6lbs and want to be in the 12s and got lots of motivation as i get married in just under 6months!!!!!!

HI there Nina Babes ,
Special welcome to a fellow Wiganer! They dont call us 'Pie Eaters' for nothing do they eh?
Well I am Heaven can wait , and a bit of a battered veteran having joined minis in March last year at just over 19 stones feeling like I was doomed to being fat forever having tried and failed more times than I care to remember all through my adult life to lose weight and keep it off. I hit rock bottom this time last year when I realised (belatedly admitted) that the weight was actaully killing me , as I had high BP , Cloresterol and blood sugar , the holy trinity of heart disease and strokes.
I read that on average an Obese person (I was morbidly obese) dies 9 years earlier than a healthy weight person , and I thought .. well heaven can wait for me for another 9 years years because this is something I can try to change, because call me greedy , but I want those 9 years!
Anyhoo, In January I started to follow a heathy eating plan prescribed by my health centre , and shifted a stone by March TOO SLOW! something had to be done FAST, as I was not a well bear , peeeps. SO , I joined Lightlife in March and lost 4 stone 4lbs in 3 months , then went on to Cambridge and lost another 1 stone 7 lbs which was within 1 stone of my target weight. By summer , I could wear size 14 clothes for the first time since I was in my teens, and it was and still is fantastic! I look and feel better than I can remember. I have sold or given away all my size 20, 22 and 24 clothes most of which were black , and replaced them with a much more colourful and trendy size 14 wardrobe of clothes, and I still cant believe it really.
I would say to Nina babes you can easily lose your weight for the wedding < Cambridge has the technology you just need to stick to it and you are gona be the most slinky gorgeous bride on your wedding day with photos to cherish forever instead of cringe at becuase you look too fat!
I have relaxed a bit of the past few months , (holiday in Vegas , Christmas blah blah,) and have regained about half a stone so I now need to make 2008 the year I achieve my goal weight and shift this last stone and a half. This is definately the place to do it, so with each others help and support ,Im sure we will all meet our weight loss targets this year.
Good luck to everyone!
Love HCW

Last edited:
My name is Zoë. I'm 19. I started CD on thurs 11th Jan after trying once before last spring. Only did it for a week, lost 8lbs, felt very sick and gave up.

Start weight 12st 8lbs
Height 5ft 5
BMI 29.3

Goal weight 9st 12lbs(or 10 stone)
Goal BMI 23

My mum is my CDC (FatFairNFourty(ish)) so there wil definitly be no cheating while she's about!

xxxxxxxx

mintimperial signing in!!

Lost 5 1/2 stone on cambridge in 2006, and just looked at the scales...

Ive put 2 stone back on!

Im a 28 year old guy so I hope losing this wont take too long!

Now weight 15 stone 5lbs and want to get down to 13 stone again!

Hi there, I'm Nicky and just started Cambridge with our famous Diva as my counsellor.
I did LL 04/05 and lost about 5 1/2 stone and life has happened big time since then (married, separated, lost mum etc etc!!) and I'm back to start again with a vengeance.
My head is so back in the right place and looking forward to this new lifestyle and getting back into all those gorgeous clothes I've got stored away...
This place I'm sure will be a bit of a lifesaver and it's so good to be part of such a friendly kinda place.
Nxx :D

CD Restarter

Hi I'm Helen and I started CD almost exactly this time last year and I stuck to it for 2 months losing 25lbs... but then spring came and I allowed other things to get in the way and I stopped. If I am being honest even last year I wouldn't call myself angelic and often cheated on the diet then. I took it up again last week and am now 2 days into it. Last year, cos I cheated each week I never really got a chance to stop feeling hungry. My counsellor says that after 3 days the hunger is all in my head. Is he really telling the truth when he tells me that?!!! I need all the support I can get. It's my love of eating that has got me here. I am 5.6 and weigh 16stone 11lbs.

My ideal BMI weight is between 10.5 and 11.5 stone so I have a long journey ahead. Just need to get through the next few days if you have any hints and tips for abaiting hunger I'd welcome them. Absolutely determined not to give in this time!!! I can't fit into any of the clothes in my wardrobe! Good luck to everyone on CD!

Hello All, I am Angela, and I am 32 years of age. I have a beautiful 3 year old daughter and am happily married. (10 years this year yikes!)

Having battled with loosing my Mum, Dad and Aunt all to Cancer, its now time to look after myself. I tried Cambridge last year and lost 3 stone quite easily, but more easily gained it back all plus about 3 pounds extra just for good measures.

I will be shedding 10 stone this year without a doubt. I have a few targets apart from the longterm healthy reasons and to have my daughter proud of me, not ashamed as she grows up.
My Sister is getting married on the 24th May and I am her Chief Bridesmaid, Even my dressmaker has challenged me to a discount off the dress and a clipping in the newspaper if I loose a lot by then!

In July my whole family is going to Egypt for a holiday, I am not going to let my weight stop me from enjoying myself, I WILL be a whole lot slimmer!!

Then My sister and I are off for a weekend in New York when I reach goal, spending money included for my new wadrobe, Can't bl**dy weight! Hopefully looking at Nov 2008.

And thats me!

Hi im Eileen age 46 married with a 7 year old son.I started lighter life may last year & lost 5 stone, all of a sudden i decided too go it on my own with the promise to myself i would join slimming world if i started too gain.I did well for a few weeks then when christmas came i slightly went off track. It scared me so i thought i would join cd & get too my ideal weigh 8.12 i have 35 pounds too lose.I lost 12 this week so im really pleased with that.

Hi, I am finding my way around this site, but there is just so much of it that I'm getting lost! I need to find out how to do one of those tracker thingies, but don't know where I put it!
I've started on CD ss yesterday. I did lipotrim 18m ago and lost over 3 st. I regained alot due to one thing and another, but have my brothers wedding as an added incentive to losing it all again! Everyone seems so motivated and successful at this. So far so good for me, BUT we are only on day "!

Back