Minimins CD 2008 - sign in thread

Hey, i'm Yvonne, 23 from the middle of nowhere in N. Ireland.

I'm 5'2 [two whole inches taller than i thought i was!]. I started just over 4 weeks ago, weighing 12st 9lbs :eek: EEK indeed...!!

In my first 4 weeks i lost 17lbs. I want to get down to 9st... perhaps 8st 7lbs eventually, but for the meantime i'd be chuffed to get down to 9st. Ooh and this is my first [and hopefully only time on CD]! :whistle:

Hello everyone!! My name is Angela, I started the CD weighing 23 stone 4lbs and I want to lose 13 stone to get down to 10 stone 4lbs. I'm 30 years old and am so excited because this the first time that I feel like my dream is possible and that maybe one day I will be able to be slim!!! :D

I have got facebook and a fat blog which are in my signature, if you want to add me :D

Hi!

Not sure if this is the correct place to introduce myself, I've had a wee look around but this forum is massive!

I've just turned 28 and have decided that 2008 is going to be my year! I'm due to start a nursing degree in September and really don't want to be the 'fatty' sat at the back with no friends, so I need to shift an equivilent of another person from me!

I know it's slightly melodramatic but as many of you will know and appreciate, being large does put you at a disadvantage, which is sad but true. My confidence is in my boots too since having my daughter 3 years ago.

So today was the day I deciced to start SS, it's not going too bad so far but sorting my daughter's lunch out was trying. It's hard breaking old ingrained habits. Trying to reisist popping some tomato in your mouth or eating the crusts off her sandwich (yes, I'm that disgusting!) has been hard!

I must say, reading lots of stories and seeing everyone's losses in signatures is most inspiring and I'm hoping 2008 will be the year I'm back in my size 10s!

Bye for now

:)

Started CD today

Hi all

My name is Debbie, i am 33yrs old, 5ft 3 ins and weigh 11st 3 lb, i am getting married in September and after at least 4 yrs of yo - yo dieting i decided to give the cambridge diet a shot.

I was ok today through to around 2pm ish at which point i have had some major hunger pangs!:cry: tried drinking a load of water and not liking myself very much for feeling like i wanna give up already!:sigh:

I have been told that this hunger thing can go on for a couple of days then disappears? (i hope so)

anyways, my target weight is 9st (was that once upon a time, about 6 months after i had my son:), and 3 times a week to the gym:p)

looking forward to chatting to u all,

take care

debs x

Meeting my CDC tomorrow for the 1st time!

Hey everyone!

I'm 28 and getting married in August this year so have finally decided to get fit, mainly because I bought my dress last year and there's no chance I'll fit into it otherwise!:cry:

Have been reading the threads and was wavering between LL and CD but have finally been swayed by the cheaper cost of CD and the fact that it seems to have a better variety of flavours for the soups/shakes.

Meeting my CDC for the first time tomorrow, spoke to a few before I decided and actually found one that does home visits which is great!

My target weight loss at the moment is about 3-4st which should be achievable in 3 months if the reviews I've read are anything to go by. Looking forward to the journey with you guys!!

Hello all

Over a year ago I joined this site and was very warmly received for which I am truly grateful. Being the fantasticly successful self-saboteur (hey if you have to be successful in one thing why does it have to be this?) that I am managed to royally mess it up once again.

However, trying this one last time as I am such a trier and will endeavour to come here as often as I can.

Back soon

hey im amie and im on day 3 of the cambridge diet, i have just over 3 stone to lose, i started putting on weight after 3 operations in 2005 and have not had the willpower to stick to anything in the past, but this time im determined and really want to lose it, ive never had the support like ive found on here and with my counsellor before. I also quit smoking six days ago. This is my first time on the diet and Im really hoping that i stick to it, I am on facebook so add me if you would like i hope i can be a support to others and would also like to find the support, ive looked at all the before and after pictures and they are amazing and i hope that i eventually can put a before and after picture I hope to meet many people like myself

lotsa love amie xxxxxxxx

hey im amie and im on day 3 of the cambridge diet, i have just over 3 stone to lose, i started putting on weight after 3 operations in 2005 and have not had the willpower to stick to anything in the past, but this time im determined and really want to lose it, ive never had the support like ive found on here and with my counsellor before. I also quit smoking six days ago. This is my first time on the diet and Im really hoping that i stick to it, I am on facebook so add me if you would like i hope i can be a support to others and would also like to find the support, ive looked at all the before and after pictures and they are amazing and i hope that i eventually can put a before and after picture I hope to meet many people like myself

lotsa love amie xxxxxxxx

Hi amie, i am on day 4 of CD SS, had a couple of bad hours today but feel better now after getting some advice from people on here and from my CDC.

Well done for stopping smoking :D, lots of luck to you for your weight loss goal.

I am just trying one day at a time at the moment as i cant visualise a weekly thing.

its great we are all doing the same journey for the same reasons. :)

take care

debs x

Hello everyone. I've been here a few weeks but havent signed myself so I thought I would. My name's Charlie and I started CD at 17 stone 9 pounds. I'm in my 8th week at the mo, and although i have slipped up a few times, i really pleased with my weight loss so far. I currently weigh 15 stone 3.5 pounds, so nearly lost 2 n half stone in 2 months.

Hello everyone. I've been here a few weeks but havent signed myself so I thought I would. My name's Charlie and I started CD at 17 stone 9 pounds. I'm in my 8th week at the mo, and although i have slipped up a few times, i really pleased with my weight loss so far. I currently weigh 15 stone 3.5 pounds, so nearly lost 2 n half stone in 2 months.

Hi charlie, well done on your weight loss, just goes to show it aint the end of the world if ya slip up a couple of times :)

your doing fab!!

debs x

Hi charlie, well done on your weight loss, just goes to show it aint the end of the world if ya slip up a couple of times :)

your doing fab!!

debs x

Thank you! Its very true about the slip ups, so many people have come nad gone in the short space of time i've been here, they need to know even if they have slipped its not the end of the world and you can easily jump back on the wagon with some will power. x

Hi all

Hi All,

I started SS CD on Friday. My weight was 10st 10lb, BMI 26.5, I am 5ft 3lb. I wanted to get to 8st 10lb for my wedding in November. My CD counsellor reccomended 9st BMI 22.5. She advised SS till get to 10st which will be a BMI of 25. I would prefer to stay on SS till reach target tho.

I am on day 3 and feeling fine, tummy def smaller. Not felt hungry, just thirsty, no side effects, except bad breath ha ha

I try my dress on again at end of september, I hope I can loose the 2 stone in 4 months?

I have my first weigh in next sat am day 9. I would love to have lost the 10lbs by then.

Thanks, speak soon

xx

Hi all, apologies, made a hello post as well!!

Well I'm Leah, I live in Plymouth and I'm 24. I'm getting married in August to my partner of 7 years :)

I'm 5'8 and approx 18 st so need to lose a large amount. I've been so unhappy for so many years, and have had the mentality of if I'm already fat eating something else won't matter :(
It's got to the stage where my health is suffering and my clothes are hurting!

Today is my 4th day on SS and I'm finding it the worst. I'm like a demon!! Things can only get better though!

Good luck to all :) xxxx

Hi all, you are all truly an inspiration. I started ss about 6wks ago and was doing brilliantly BUT then had a few off weeks:cry: and completely lost the plot so am starting again tomorrow :sigh:. I have never used a forum before and even posted 2 messages within minutes of each other yesterday!!
I look forward to all the support and info sharing with you guys.:wave_cry:
I have 6stone to lose so a long way to go!!!!!

Hi

Hello

Im new here - planning to start CD beginning of next week (have a long weekend ahead and would be silly to start now and mess it up!). Never done it before and honestly am both scared and excited!!!!

I am 27 years old, and I am a single mum to a 10 month old. Oh and I weigh somewhere not far below the 23st mark. I am 5ft9 and my BMI is in the range of 47/48 :sigh:

I have tried most diets going at some time or other. Have been overweight since my early teens. As a kid I did EVERYTHING - swimming, gymnastics, played hockey, basically I was really really active. Stupidly gave it all up and piled on the weight over the last 15 years or so. I havent weight under 20st in about 5 years (apart from about 2 weeks last year after having my daughter, but I had septicaemia at the time - a weight loss method I wouldnt recommend!!!).

My goals are:
1)to lose 10% (approx 31lb) before my holiday (27th July)
2)To lose 20% of my start weight (62lbish) before my birthday (8th October)
3)To lose 30% of my start weight (93lbish) by christmas
4)To lose 40% of my start weight (124lbish) by my friends wedding on 15th feb

These are rough goals and rough dates, but will give me a finishing weight of about 186lb, which is 13 and a bit stone. How achievable this is we shall wait and see...
2)

Hi, im on day 2 of CD having a really tough couple of days, failed miserably with surrcombing to a small chicken salad both days! Any advice would be gratefully recieved. also its my 24th bday on sat, CDC said vodka would be my best bet but if anyone knows any better please let me know!

Starting today!

Hi,

I am Rachael. I am 28 and started the CD today.

I weigh in at 19 1/2 stone, so have 9 1/2 to lose.

My husband is doing it with me for support. We have been trying for a baby and know deep down that our weight is a factor.

I am inspired by many of the stories on here and can't wait to have some success of my own to share.

:eek:

Back