Minimins Steppers League Table. RECORD YOUR DAILY STEPS HERE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
:clap: Dizzy and Mizzy: Fantastic topping the 10,000 !:clap:

Sonya: you came so close to princess-dom

Dotty: go girl !

Yes I have topped my personal best today thanks to my new treadmill. (you'll all have to wait til tomorrow to see :whistle: ) BUT I still have a long way to go to top 10,000. I'd love to do that much, but daren't push it too fast. First question will be seeing how I feel tomorrow after what I've done today. :)

I've always thought of 10,000 steps/day as THE magic number to aim for. Read an article today that moved the goalposts though... Nicki Waterman prefers people to do 14,000 steps/day. :eek: Does she want blood too?? ;)

:clap: Dizzy and Mizzy: Fantastic topping the 10,000 !:clap:

Sonya: you came so close to princess-dom

Dotty: go girl !

Yes I have topped my personal best today thanks to my new treadmill. (you'll all have to wait til tomorrow to see :whistle: ) BUT I still have a long way to go to top 10,000. I'd love to do that much, but daren't push it too fast. First question will be seeing how I feel tomorrow after what I've done today. :)

I've always thought of 10,000 steps/day as THE magic number to aim for. Read an article today that moved the goalposts though... Nicki Waterman prefers people to do 14,000 steps/day. :eek: Does she want blood too?? ;)

Blimey - that's quite a lot to do in a day, and keep up every day, mind you just before Christmas my Fitbug targets were around 12,000 per day, and I managed it most days - it's all gone badly downhill since then. I've no excuses, I've a dog to walk, a treadmill to use, I just need to get off my butt!!!!

Thank you for forgetting your steps Tashy, as I would have been pushed out of the top 3 (and I'm not in there too often these days it was a nice surprise :p ).

Well done Dizzy n Mizzy, you're a pair of walking wonders :D

Enjoy your treadmill today Lesley, looking forward to seeing your steps later.

x

Thanks Dotty! Bonus is I feel great today and I'm just back from shoe shopping and food shopping... 3 hours worth... so done 2,000 before I even look at treadmill, xtrainer, airwalker, mini-cycle, gymball, dumbbells...... crikey that's a lot?!!!!!!! I will have to get rid of some I think.. Just not got enough room for all of it. Some is in the lounge at the moment for ease of use, but won't want it staying there forever so need to work out what will fit in the conservatory.

Dotty: have thought of going through the TV pages and deciding for the whole week which programs you'd be happy walking too? That's what I'm doing. Then I set a reminder on my mobile phone.... no getting away from that cos it's always on me and loud!! (has to be loud, we use it as alarm clock)

I have to confess that my treadmill is currently out of action, it was in the lounge (hogging loads of space) but as we're trying to sell our house at the moment, we didn't feel it was a particularly attractive feature :p So it's all wrapped up in plastic around the side of the house at the moment. I have missed it, but at least with the nice weather I can get out and walk, just need to be doing a bit more of it though.

When I was using it I usually stick on one of the music channels on Sky, good if you have something with a good beat :)

Good idea! I have a good mp3 player I can upload to. Not sure how to pick the right tunes to get the beat right though? Can't walk fast yet..... hmmm....

Hopefully you'll get house sold, and buy another with a spare room for it? I'd love that... a gym room all my own! We're not in a position to move again though.. so I'm taking over the conservatory for my gym, music room and painting room all rolled into one! Cheeky me! ;)

Good idea! I have a good mp3 player I can upload to. Not sure how to pick the right tunes to get the beat right though? Can't walk fast yet..... hmmm....

Hopefully you'll get house sold, and buy another with a spare room for it? I'd love that... a gym room all my own! We're not in a position to move again though.. so I'm taking over the conservatory for my gym, music room and painting room all rolled into one! Cheeky me! ;)

LOL - good on you Lesley. If we stay here then the plan is to build a conservatory to move the dining room furniture into and turn the dining room into my CD office and gym. So we'll have to see what happens.

Minimins Steppers League Table for Wednesday May 2nd.

Dizzy - 15,277
superwoman.gif

Mizzy - 10,563
king2.gif

Lesleyfx - 9,037
princess.gif

Sonkie - 3,275
wavey.gif

Way to go everyone.
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
Well done to me Superwoman Dizzy still feeling good but completely pooped tonight been dieting again this week to lose that Easter extra poundage.

Mizzy is my Duke again. He does his steps so easily I am going to test out his pedometer soon as I'm suspect that mine doesn't count as many steps as his. They are identical but I have had my suspicions for a while. Will have to wear them both one day.

A big WELL DONE to Lesley. What fabulous steps on your new treadmill and your first turn at being the Princess.

Well done to Sonkie too for having a good lower number of steps yesterday I am glad you didn't over do it with the pain you were in.

Tasha did you forget again? Love the gorgeous new avatar picture!

Total steps for the league for the day was 38,152 !!

League record held by Tashy100 25,652 steps on 19th April 2007.

:bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss: __________________

Oops I forgot - not that I would have won a top spot. Well done guys, you're really showing us the way there Dizzy - fab stepping.

Hi Jan

I think I could still edit yours in if you want to send em!

Diana x

Hi Jan

I think I could still edit yours in if you want to send em!

Diana x

Thanks but not to worry, I've got a good one lined up for tomorrow's league :p

Wow!!!!!! :eek:

Great stepping everyone - I forgot - again!!!! Doh!! :D

Well done to all!!!

Am off to bed so will post my steps for today now so I dont forget.

Mega steps Dizzy!!!!!

Tasha:)

Love your new avatar picture Tashy, your hair is gorgeous

Fantastic stepping everyone - especially Lesly - :wow:

Well I am still getting over the shock - but my trip on monday has resulted in a partial tear to the quad tendon and it's been plastered up to keep it straight so that it can hopefully heal. So I will be well and truly out of the league for spme time.

Happy stepping all

Fantastic stepping everyone - especially Lesly - :wow:

Well I am still getting over the shock - but my trip on monday has resulted in a partial tear to the quad tendon and it's been plastered up to keep it straight so that it can hopefully heal. So I will be well and truly out of the league for spme time.

Happy stepping all

OMG - thats horrid for you.

Make sure that you rest so that it can heal. How long do they reckon you will be in plaster?

Ouch Shazza!!! You take it easy... more rest means quickest healing! I know a fracture is 6 weeks, but tendons can take longer.... a lot depends on how well behaved the patient is ;)

Tashy: lovely photo!!

oh God - i was hoping a tendon was quicker - to be honest they didnt say how long I was going to be in plaster - Was signed off for 3 weeks and have an appointment in 2 weeks so I was hoping it woudl be off in 2 weeks.

i was a bit gobsmacked about going in plaster in the first place so dont think I asked all the right questions.

Muscles and tendons are definately longer to heal than a break.......!

Well mine and Lucky`s new Omron pedometers have arrived this morning...so I have set mine up and got it on.......though I have noted the steps already done this morning. Will add them on.

Sorry Shazza..... really is up to you though... properly rested is quickest healed. Every time you 'just do this or that' you slow it down. Don't let your leg muscles get weaker in the meanwhile... just tighten the muscles and hold for 10 seconds then release... repeat for 3 to 5 sets..... at least 3 sessions per day. But nothing that hurts that tendon!!!!

Well guys I got my new Omron pedometer......wow I am so impressed....after repeatedly having to check the cheaper one was recording the steps, im so happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back