minimising excess skin/stretch marks

Crys

anyone got any tips?

it's early days in my weightloss, but I really dont wanna end up with masses of excess skin at the end!

Hi there

Im trying my hardest not to end up with a "deflated balloon belly" too :p ... Im rubbing in plenty of cocoa butter -the one that helps with stretch marks too -although Im *lucky* that all mine have been there for sooooooooo long they are just pale silvery lines ;)
I also have a few of the body shop body butters which smell divine.
I also make sure I drink plenty of water and eat healthy fats -so for me its avocado, olive oil, salmon - hopefully they will all help my skin :cross:
SO far my stomach seems to be coping quite well with the weight loss -I was expecting it to be by my knees :p

Bio oil is good. I got bad stretch marks when I was pregnant and have started using it. In one week I can notice a difference. It is a little expensive but worth it :)

I used bio oil when I was pregnant too. I think it was pretty good.

Its my thighs that are wobbly its gross I can feel it swinging about (gross). The 1st time I noticed it I started shaking it in front of the mirror made me laugh not a good look.

Anyone know anything for stretch marks on hips? Does anyone else have this?!
I know what you mean about the thighs peggypig it makes me chafe when i walk and get spots :(

I haven't had any children but would love to wear a bikini with pride in France in August!!!

Ruth
x

SO far my stomach seems to be coping quite well with the weight loss -I was expecting it to be by my knees :p

Mine's not far off. :sigh: It's completely and irredeemably hideous ... I'd love a tummy tuck just to feel normal.

Medusa is there no way you can turn it into muscle without surgery?
Personal Trainer??

Ruth
x

Mine's not far off. :sigh: It's completely and irredeemably hideous ... I'd love a tummy tuck just to feel normal.
I have to confess that I was expecting mine to be really bad -I still have about 4st to shift so Im not sure what will happen -although Im rubbing in cream and exercising -ooh and eating plenty of salmon, avocado etc to "feed" my skin/tissue so for now Im doing all I can, but I have said that if when Im done it is bad then I will be having it lopped off -and my boobs hoisted up too :p I just hope I won't need it :cross:

After weight loss, or so I read, one should wait two year to see if exercise can do its thing rather than take the surgery route.

If it is really that bad, then I suppose surgery is an option. Perhaps available on NHS? not sure of the rules/criteria.

I'd rather spend the money on Florida - given the choice;)

Maximus said:
After weight loss, or so I read, one should wait two year to see if exercise can do its thing rather than take the surgery route.

If it is really that bad, then I suppose surgery is an option. Perhaps available on NHS? not sure of the rules/criteria.

I'd rather spend the money on Florida - given the choice;)

I thought i had heard similar, that in time the skin can shrink back. I think it helps if you lose the weight slowly tho and do try to exercise etc as you lose it.

This is what scares me,being left with a lot of excess skin!!

I use rosehip oil on any stretchmarks, works fantastic!

I am starting to get lots of loose skin - particularly around where my bum/hips meet my thighs. It's not pleasant, but it sure beats being fat! :D

I'm hoping that exercise and body lotions will help it over time, but I don't think there's a quick fix.

I find bio oil fantastic for the stretch marks on my stomach. they've completely faded in the last 3 months! :)

I read an article which said what people think is loose skin is actually pockets of
Fat and that the only way to remove it is to lose more weight & do more exercise. Anyone else heard this??

I read an article which said what people think is loose skin is actually pockets of
Fat and that the only way to remove it is to lose more weight & do more exercise. Anyone else heard this??
Not heard it, but I like the idea of it. It means there's hope for all - hurrah! It also means the excess I have now (which swear seems to be diminishing) will eventually be offski. Hurrah to the power of ten!

Apparently there are some girly Avon products which were mentioned on these pages previously which reduce/firm/tone or something.

Back