MinkyDinkys SW Success Diary!!

Lemon curd

3 tbsp of canderel
grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
2 large eggs
(2oz very low fat fromage frais)

Whisk lemon juice and eggs together,add rind and sweeetner, place in bowl over saucepan of simmering water (make sure bowl is not actually touching the water), stir until thickened. take off the heat just as it starts to thicken otherwise it will become scrambled egg!

(I didn't use the fromage frais just had it as it was.)

ahaha, before x-mas tescos computers broke, so we ended up with 6 of stuff. 6 punnets of plums, 6 big boxes of tomatoes etc. But only charged for one. we were sending out food parcels to people. Lol.

That would be awesome though! Just lots of bloody lemons for me!

Lemon curd

3 tbsp of canderel
2 large eggs

Whisk lemon juice and eggs together,add rind and sweeetner, place in bowl over saucepan of simmering water (make sure bowl is not actually touching the water), stir until thickened. take off the heat just as it starts to thicken otherwise it will become scrambled egg!

You star!! Cannie wait to try and have some on toast! Or maybe make a flan ;) xx

Definitely the best idea - that's your weekend sorted!!!! Wonder how many syns in tequila?!?!

None lovey, because if you drink enough of it you forget you drank the stuff...and we all know that if you don't remember something it didn't happen ;) xx

Lemon curd

3 tbsp of canderel
2 large eggs

My one and only attempt at this turned into lemony scramble egg...yuk!! My mum's full fat lemon curd on the other hand...divine!! Xx

Or grab the tequila and salt ;)

Definitely the best idea - that's your weekend sorted!!!! Wonder how many syns in tequila?!?!

None lovey, because if you drink enough of it you forget you drank the stuff...and we all know that if you don't remember something it didn't happen ;) xx

Cut the lemons into wedges and freeze! Perfect ice cubes for G&T's! :)

Are you all trying to encourage drinking?! Awww c'mon! I'm tryna be good here! :D

Apologies straight away for TMI...
god dam I can't poo! :( keep popping like I'm the never ending supply of wind but actually going to the loo - nada! Again. Think it's the lentils I had the other night, had the opposite effect on me (whereas the boy can't stop going!). I'm so bloated and full of wind. It's not painful just really uncomfortable. I would be well up for a colonic right now to clear it all out.

Stuck with what to eat today too, wanted eggs but with how bunged up I am I don't think I should touch them. Or bananas. *sob!*

Think I'm going to try and keep it low on anything that isn't superfree and syns to a minimum today. Really up my fluids and have some black or green tea with slices of lemon (seeing as I may have 1 or 2 spare ;))

poor you, I know I shouldnt laugh, but cant help it!!! green leafy vegetables and lots and lots of water should help!
As for the lemons, I did the same thing a few weeks ago. ordered 8 lemons and 8 limes from tescos and got 8 bags of each!! Still working my way through them. Good job the Asia cookbook recipes use a lot of limes!! Have a good day and dont sit too close to people xxxx

Decided on breakfast and lunch now.

Breakfast - strawberries and banana
Lunch - shitake and grey oyster mushrooms, courgette, pepper and spinach with spaghetti, 3 syns reduced fat pesto and half HexA Parmesan.
Dinner - either lemon chicken with garlic and chilli pak choi and broccoli or gammon shanks, swede mash, roast carrots, baked cabbage and Brussels.

Decision needs to be made on dinner. Think I'm going with the gammon. Although think the boy wants lemon chicken.

Oh and have bought a lemon with me for tea :) xx

poor you, I know I shouldnt laugh, but cant help it!!! green leafy vegetables and lots and lots of water should help!
As for the lemons, I did the same thing a few weeks ago. ordered 8 lemons and 8 limes from tescos and got 8 bags of each!! Still working my way through them. Good job the Asia cookbook recipes use a lot of limes!! Have a good day and dont sit too close to people xxxx

Oh my god! Thought my 3 bags was enough!! There was a lemon and lime mousse desert in the new mag that I wanted to try so I guess now I have lemons I have no excuse :D

Thanks for the tips, will crack on with the water and green veggies - fingers crossed ay?! Xx

A good brisk walk always helps me to go, you walk to work anyway though don't you??I'm thinking the lemons might help too??

Yeh deffo go with the gammon :p

Xx

I'm with you on the "problems!" Hope it sorts itself out soon. Both choices sound good for tea! :D nom nom xx

A good brisk walk always helps me to go, you walk to work anyway though don't you??I'm thinking the lemons might help too??

Yeh deffo go with the gammon :p

Xx
I do walk to work, but all that seems to do is make me pop more! Dammit! Xx

I'm with you on the "problems!" Hope it sorts itself out soon. Both choices sound good for tea! :D nom nom xx

glad to hear I'm not the only one! (not glad to hear you have the same problems though, it's becoming uncomfortable now). The boy has chosen dinner and got some chicken out the freezer so lemon chicken it is! Going to make egg fried rice with it and garlic/chilli pak choi, cabbage and broccoli to go with. Really looking forward to it actually. Gammon will have to wait! Xx

Back