MinkyDinkys SW Success Diary!!

Dinner was the tamarind and coconut dhal. Was nice, but I think I overdone the whisk part of the lentils. I added green beans to mine but think it'd be awesome with chicken pieces, like a chicken dhansak sort of sauce. Nom.

image-113258364.jpg

Oh and totally forgot!

My C had tonight off because it's her birthday but the cover is her best friend and the area manager (lovely woman). Well when I got to group she had a little thank you gift!

image-2710619869.jpg

It's a herb - chocolate peppermint! Can be used in puddings, tea and fruit salads. Well excited to use it in tea, just no idea how?!

Aww that's so sweet!

Yep, just put a sprig or two into a little teapot and let it steep for a few minutes, then pour and enjoy!

xx

Ooh you've just reminded me about a nice dhal that I made a while back, was from one of Jamie's books. Deffo going on my menu :D Have a good day! xx

Thanks for the tips on my new 'erb. Will try at the weekend :)

As for today, weird one. Was going very dizzy this morning to the point I nearly blacked out. Spoke with NHS direct over my concerns at that linked with my bite and they told me to go to the hospital within the hour. So, took myself down and got checked out.
Turns out, totally unrelated problems and my BP is normal and I'm to go get checked out and have bloods done by my GP. I'll probably sort that out next week or summat.
Arm update!!

image-3888483766.jpg
As for the bite, it is an actual bite! Confirmed spider bite from le doctor! They checked for tracking and there is none so I guess I get to keep my arm woo! A nice shiny gauze with sulphur on it has been put on (after they de-roofed the blister and cleaned it all out) and this will draw out all moisture. Got to keep my eye on it but keep covered for 7 days minimum (unless it becomes painful or red out side of the gauze).

Food for the day hasn't been much due to feeling icky, but I did manage to finally find sone lemon drizzle alpen light bars in Asda woo!

Breakfast - 1 alpen light lemon drizzle bar (unsure if half HexB or synning yet) and a banana

Lunch - bowl of curried parsnip and apple soup 1/2 syn, bowl of fruit salad - whole mango, pineapple and passionfruit.

Soup looks like dishwater in the blue bowl

image-3084014355.jpg

image-2893269234.jpg

Oh heck, you don't do anything by half do ya! How are you feeling now? Better I hope!

What do you think of the lemon alpens? :drool:

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oh it WAS a spider bite, darn spiders in Crawley I didn't realise you had tarantulars in your area, they obviously Crawl(ey)d into your house - ha ha boom boom!

Your dahl looks lovely - you are dishing up some great food. That curry you did the other night is in the new SW mag (May/June) I may give it a go, although boiled egg on a curry doesn't sound too appealing, did it work?

x

Oh heck, you don't do anything by half do ya! How are you feeling now? Better I hope!

What do you think of the lemon alpens? :drool:

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins
I have just scoffed my second - love them! I love lemon though (Hence cheesecake attack on Friday but shhhh!) I am feeling a bit better thank you, less bleugh xx
Oh it WAS a spider bite, darn spiders in Crawley I didn't realise you had tarantulars in your area, they obviously Crawl(ey)d into your house - ha ha boom boom!

Your dahl looks lovely - you are dishing up some great food. That curry you did the other night is in the new SW mag (May/June) I may give it a go, although boiled egg on a curry doesn't sound too appealing, did it work?

x
Lord knows what sort of spider it was - the boy reckons I must have disturbed something when I went sleep walking on Friday night and it came up the plug hole. Yuck!
The dhal was really good although I do think that I over whisked the lentils, at least I know for next time. The good part? It serves 4 and there was loads left so at the weekend I will chuck cooked chicken into it and some vindaloo powder to make a nice dhansak dish. And hell yeah boiled egg goes with curry, boiled egg is the bomb with curry-fied stuff. But if you don't 'feel' it, then minimum you have to have is the chilli slices, coriander and lime. That takes it from OMG, to mouth wateringly orgasmic (in my opinion :D) xx
I've always called it creepy crawley, now we know why! Haha x
It had to get its nickname from somewhere - at least its not the men :D xx

Your poor arm it looks so sore. Does it hurt?

Just had a text from the boy actually - guess who is having dinner cooked for them today ;)

To round of a nice EE Day, we are having sausages (x 3 for me for 1.5syns), sweet potato chippies, mushy peas and vegetables (so broc, cauli and possibly baby Brussels). Have had my second alpen light bar so treating those as my HexB.

2 syns so far for the day, and a HexA to play with. hmmmm.

Lost 3 so was really pleased. My teenage daughter lost 4.5 which was amazing as she has been scoffing Easter eggs! She got SOW and her one stone and I was beaming! I really wanted my 2 stone this week, but am one pound away! Next week that sticker is mine!

Lost 3 so was really pleased. My teenage daughter lost 4.5 which was amazing as she has been scoffing Easter eggs! She got SOW and her one stone and I was beaming! I really wanted my 2 stone this week, but am one pound away! Next week that sticker is mine!
ah that's fantastic! well done to both of you! The amount of gains we had in our group was amazing - I think it was 7.5 lost total and 22.5 gain last time I checked :D I have 1 lb to my next shiny too, so how about we make a pact to get our shinies together and have an Anju and Minks celebration?! xx
It must have been a tarantula!!! :-D
Nooooooo! I hate spiders at the best of times so I really hope I don't find some mammoth spider hiding somewhere :( xx

Back