MinkyDinkys SW Success Diary!!

Tiiiiiiired.

After being signed off work for 2 n a half weeks with the deadly flu and laryngitis and having a couple of days holiday, these 2 days back at work have wiped me! I haven't even been able to think properly about food menu for next week - yes I like to be organised.

Just chilling on the sofa watching a programme about a huuuuge baboon when I remembered that Biggest Loser UK is on! (not that a big baboon made me think of the people....that's just wrong) So me, blankets, foot slipper and motivational tv for the night. Yay!

And for anyone who doesn't know what a foot slipper is it's one of these......
Front
image-4126710746.jpg
And with my feet in :)
image-1770726517.jpg

cosy toes!

PrincessZoe said:
Haha, loving the foot slipper! #iwantoneofthose
X

It was a silly gift from the boyfriend because I hate wearing normal slippers but this is perfect! I can slip my feet in or out whenever and it's a cute little duck quuuuuaaaaaaack! His mums little pooch took a liking to it and tried to wrestle it Xmas day so I had to save it :D x

Sup Moppet! Thanks for taking the time to read my ramblings :D

My coleslaw was dead simple - thinly chopped cabbage, grated carrot and thinly sliced red onion. Couple of tbsp of extra low fat Mayo. Done. But I like the spicier things in life so added black pepper, chilli flakes and a touch of cumin. Was so good and perfect for hm burgers :)

How's your week going? Hope all is well in the US of A! Xx

Mmmmm! Sounds wonderful - I'll give it a go at the weekend.

Things are going well over this side of the pond. I'm sticking to the eating plan but still trying to get a bit more variety in my diet - that's why I asked about the coleslaw! :D

Glad you're feeling a wee bit better too. They do say that having a pet is good for your health and I think your lovely slipper duck fits the bill nicely (pun intended!) :D

I've had a busy day at work today, so going to have some fat-free yoghurt with some frozen fruit whizzed in it - almost tastes like ice cream and is guaranteed to make me feel better - especially since every delicious spoonful is free!!

Night night ... :4633:

Tiiiiiiired.

After being signed off work for 2 n a half weeks with the deadly flu and laryngitis and having a couple of days holiday, these 2 days back at work have wiped me! I haven't even been able to think properly about food menu for next week - yes I like to be organised.

Just chilling on the sofa watching a programme about a huuuuge baboon when I remembered that Biggest Loser UK is on! (not that a big baboon made me think of the people....that's just wrong) So me, blankets, foot slipper and motivational tv for the night. Yay!

And for anyone who doesn't know what a foot slipper is it's one of these......
Front
View attachment 23776
And with my feet in :)
View attachment 23777

cosy toes!

Hey MD,

Just checking in to see how you are going.
Did you join a group in the end or carry on as your are? You always seem super motivated whatever you do :)
I love the biggest loser, although I think the USA one is much better than our one.
Hope you get your organisational skills back..... I think lots are struggling to get back into the swing of things at the mo!

x

Cleogin said:
Hey MD,

Just checking in to see how you are going.
Did you join a group in the end or carry on as your are? You always seem super motivated whatever you do :)
I love the biggest loser, although I think the USA one is much better than our one.
Hope you get your organisational skills back..... I think lots are struggling to get back into the swing of things at the mo!

x

Hey Cleogin, not too bad here thanks :) although missing my work out on 30 DS today, going to the pub instead :D but! Saying that, I will be walking so that should make up my quota for daily exercise.
Haven't rejoined class yet, purely because the OH selfishly had a motorbike accident and now all spare cash has gone to pay for repairs. But sure at the end of the month I can make a quick visit to the one in pound hill.

And totally agree about the USA being better than the uk version - but then I think that about the x factor too :) hope your day is going well and your swinging is fun :D xx

VITFA said:
Loving your journey - well done on the massive loss L xx

Thank yoooou! Been a slog of a journey and plenty more to come! Congrats on the pregnancy - how exciting! Looking forward to having the little bundle of joy? My friend is currently 9 wks and has loads of sickness, just hoping it ends soon for her so she can get back to enjoying it :D xx

Moppet said:
I've had a busy day at work today, so going to have some fat-free yoghurt with some frozen fruit whizzed in it - almost tastes like ice cream and is guaranteed to make me feel better - especially since every delicious spoonful is free!!

I love to do this! I do it with 0% Greek yogurt and it's so creamy and tastes so naughty! Bag of mixed frozen berries is only £1.39 so doesn't break the bank either! I have added some of the berries to my raspberry jelly I made so am hoping it tastes just as delicious :) more sweet ideas always welcome! Xx

MinkyDinky said:
I love to do this! I do it with 0% Greek yogurt and it's so creamy and tastes so naughty! Bag of mixed frozen berries is only £1.39 so doesn't break the bank either! I have added some of the berries to my raspberry jelly I made so am hoping it tastes just as delicious :) more sweet ideas always welcome! Xx

Perfect for summer too! Can't wait for summer to roll around!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Got home this evening after catching up with the preggers friend and was thinking oooh, veg stew/casserolehas been In the slow cooker all day, it's going to smell lush when I walk in! You know, as it does when a beef stew or the like has been cooking all day...

Imagine my disappointment when I walked in and it smelt like rotten veg! I was horrified, it offended my nostrils!

Rushed in and said to the OH how disgusting it smelt but he reassured me that he had tried it to check it didn't taste how it smelt and said it was fine. Hmmmm, was I convinced?? No.

So just to be sure that it would taste ok I chucked a lot of chilli flakes and some garlic granules and with crossed fingers stirred and served..... And it was a beaut of a dinner! Phew! Panic over. Although I had relied on the boy to do the mash and turns out he done next to no potatoes and I managed to get one spoonful on my plate :( I love a bit of mash but it was very limited tonight - mash and casserole are just perfect together.

There is a vat of it left over so I am blitzing half and mixing it with the chunky stuff for a yummy thick soup. Perfecto! Don't you just love it when a plan comes together? :D

Ha ha just seen a brilliant quote to think of while exercising:

"Sweat is just fat crying!"

Fabuloso!

Well mine is going to be crying buckets tonight - I finally found my old Rosemary Conley DVD! I'll need to play it on my computer though as it's for the wrong region. Just wondering if I'll have enough room to jiggle and wiggle!! I'll let you know tomorrow how I get on!

Have a good night girls ... :D

My tummy hurts :( I suffer with IBS but have tablets to control the pains etc when I have a "flare up", but since doing SW it has seemed to have eased it a lot and bouts of the stupidness have become very few and far between. So needless to say that the pain is very unexpected and very uncomfortable (especially while sitting at work :s)

So now the count down to finishing work starts so I can get home and slip into something a bit more comfortable :)

Thank god I have comfort food for dinner tonight - Sausage egg and chips yay!!

Last edited:
So yes, the IBS reared its very ugly head and after and hour of agonising pain I spent the next 40 minutes running to and from the loo :( *sob* but at least that may helps with the loss?! Always a silver lining!

Currently watching come dine with me while dinner is cooking (my guilty pleasure) and I have realised something... I get major kitchen jealousy! Seriously, I get the right raging hump seeing the gorgeous kitchens on programmes like this.

Being a bit of a foodie and loving to cook (family trait!), I could spend a lot of time in a kitchen tinkering around making up new dishes and trying out recipes and being very happy in there. Unfortunately my current kitchen isn't very big and seeing the lovely big, bright kitchen with an island and double cookers with all the gadgets and gizmos and everything, makes me want one even more! Someday I will have one, even if I have a place that has a little sitting room I would be happy for the sacrifice as long as I could have my dream kitchen. Am I strange?? Do I care?! Hell no!

And on that note, off to put the sausages in :D

MinkyDinky said:
So yes, the IBS reared its very ugly head and after and hour of agonising pain I spent the next 40 minutes running to and from the loo :( *sob* but at least that may helps with the loss?! Always a silver lining!

Currently watching come dine with me while dinner is cooking (my guilty pleasure) and I have realised something... I get major kitchen jealousy! Seriously, I get the right raging hump seeing the gorgeous kitchens on programmes like this.

Being a bit of a foodie and loving to cook (family trait!), I could spend a lot of time in a kitchen tinkering around making up new dishes and trying out recipes and being very happy in there. Unfortunately my current kitchen isn't very big and seeing the lovely big, bright kitchen with an island and double cookers with all the gadgets and gizmos and everything, makes me want one even more! Someday I will have one, even if I have a place that has a little sitting room I would be happy for the sacrifice as long as I could have my dream kitchen. Am I strange?? Do I care?! Hell no!

And on that note, off to put the sausages in :D

Poor you with the IBS :-( I don't suffer but I know people that do and it's soooo horrible. Hope there is a positive side to a 40 min toilet relay!

I'm not a big cook, but would love a big kitchen with a big table..... Don't know who would sit round it though, there's only me and the hubby lol xx

Cleogin said:
Poor you with the IBS :-( I don't suffer but I know people that do and it's soooo horrible. Hope there is a positive side to a 40 min toilet relay!

I'm not a big cook, but would love a big kitchen with a big table..... Don't know who would sit round it though, there's only me and the hubby lol xx

Awww thanks C, it's just such a pain in the arse ('scuse the pun). I was meant to do 30DS level 2 this evening but I have got constant tummy gurgles and feel wiped from it. Taken my pills and hopefully by tomorrow it will be gone completely. Playing badminton after work at k2 so fingers crossed the tummy sorts it's self out!

There is only me n the boyfriend here but I would still love the dream kitchen :) just awesome aren't they? And people ALWAYS gather in them at parties :D xx

Aww poor thing, two of my sisters suffer with it, so i sort of understand.
As for the kitchens...i totally agree, the main reason i bought our new house was because of the kitchen/dining area, its lovely n big, however doesnt seem to be enough working space for me!
Level 2 of the shred...god thats flew by! Have you noticed a difference then? There has been a lot of 'gym talk' in our office this morning, so im thinking...i might just hit the gym early tomorrow morning :whacky068:
Hope your feeling better soon x

PrincessZoe said:
Aww poor thing, two of my sisters suffer with it, so i sort of understand.
As for the kitchens...i totally agree, the main reason i bought our new house was because of the kitchen/dining area, its lovely n big, however doesnt seem to be enough working space for me!
Level 2 of the shred...god thats flew by! Have you noticed a difference then? There has been a lot of 'gym talk' in our office this morning, so im thinking...i might just hit the gym early tomorrow morning :whacky068:
Hope your feeling better soon x

Feeling better today although have still got the BeeGees (B.G = Bubbly Guts), twill pass soon enough me thinks
Are you a gym bunny normally? Can't remember the last time I actually used a gym. Tsk. But heading off to play badminton later and then after is level 2 of the shred, Noooooooo! I should have measured last week but left tape measure at buddies house so will be this week. Fingers crossed!

Now can I go home please?! Work is too quiet and I hate that xx

Back