MinkyDinkys SW Success Diary!!

Just read a few pages of your diary, well done on your loss so far! Hope you don't mind me subscribing so I can pop in now and again. :)

RosieKat said:
Just read a few pages of your diary, well done on your loss so far! Hope you don't mind me subscribing so I can pop in now and again. :)

Hello there! *wavey*
feel free to pop in any time and good luck on your journey too :) any questions then feel free to shout xx

Waiting for WI and I've got a chicken roasting in the oven - dang I'm one hungry S.O.B! Totally ravenous and can't wait to get home and eat a big fat roast.

WI is looking likely to be 1/2 lb - 1lb max. Saturday night after a fair few bottles of Kopparberg cider I managed to dive head first into a kebab and chips. Yummy for a minute.... Crappy for the diet :) had a pants week with the diet and need to get my head back in the game. I spoke about major determination and motivation last week but still haven't found it....anyone know where it is?! Xxx

Well done on the 2 off! :D my motivation has also been on holiday lately. Raring to go this week though! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Purple*Tortoise said:
Well done on the two off!
I'm having a fishy week, thought of I had something to focus on it might give my motivation a kick!

Ooooh fishy week! I would but OH hates fish and also money is a little tight - why does fish cost so much?! Well, the fish I like anyway ;) focus missy! Xx

xJoanneJJx said:
Well done on the 2 off! :D my motivation has also been on holiday lately. Raring to go this week though! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Kia-Ora said:
Mine!!! X

Thanks Joanne!

Girlies - let's find our Mojo (normally found in our SW books!) and plough on through this week together right?! We can do this and have done this many a time. So grab your reading material, get your heads back in the game and set ourselves a realistic target for the week.
How about one of the following -
* eat at least 5 a day. This shouldn't be hard but maybe ensure all are speed foods?
*do at least 1 hour body magic a day? An hour isn't long really out of 24 hours
* only snack on superfree - should be first choice in fairness but doesn't tend to be!
* alternate days between plans or keep a whole week on one plan
* try at least 3 different dishes in the week
* complete 3 (or more days!) of success express
* log absolutely every morsel that is to pass lips on here before physically eating - making you conscious of 'are you actually hungry / do you actually want that / are you thirsty or bored rather than wanting to eat?'

Or any other suggestions :) xxx

Great ideas there Minky, definitley gonna adopt a couple of those this week :) I'm going for:

- Log every little scrap of food
- Ensure I eat 5 a day
- 1 hour of body magic every day
- Drink 2 bottles of water each day

The last one probably doesn't seem much to everyone else but i've come to realise that i really dont drink a lot. On a morning i'll have a mouthful of NAS squash, throughout the day i probably drink a 500ml bottle of pepsi max and in the evening, small mouthfuls of NAS squash.

When i get some spare time i'm definitley going to read up on red and green, i think i might try it as my losses have slowed right down and I'm in need of a boost. Don't you have to weigh food a lot more though? Gonna sit with my books tonight and read read read!

Great ideas there Minky, definitley gonna adopt a couple of those this week :) I'm going for:

- Log every little scrap of food
- Ensure I eat 5 a day
- 1 hour of body magic every day
- Drink 2 bottles of water each day

The last one probably doesn't seem much to everyone else but i've come to realise that i really dont drink a lot. On a morning i'll have a mouthful of NAS squash, throughout the day i probably drink a 500ml bottle of pepsi max and in the evening, small mouthfuls of NAS squash.

When i get some spare time i'm definitley going to read up on red and green, i think i might try it as my losses have slowed right down and I'm in need of a boost. Don't you have to weigh food a lot more though? Gonna sit with my books tonight and read read read!

They are some good ones to choose and I am with you on the water front - I used to make a huge effort on drinking and now its kind of slid down the wayside.
I tend to have say a cuppa either before work or when I get to work, a pint of water is put on my desk when I get there too and sometimes it takes me till 3pm to drink it because I am not conscious of it being there! Stupid work :)

With red and green days the only weighing is the healthy extra's like with the EE plan. You get different choices though so for instance on a red day there are things like potato (skin on) or wholemeal pasta (I think) but they are a certain weight, like with normal EE healthy B fibre choices you can only have x weight of bread. It took me a while to get my head round the plans because they weren't explained in group to me and I had to 'work it out' alone. I have always found Green easier than red but purely because I am a bit of a carb head and find it easier to take meat out of the equation than try to think what I could put with meat - if that makes sense??
Keep us updated (I will take a look at your diary later too :D) xxx

So! My personal challenges! Pretty much same as Joanne's, might set myself others next week too if this week manages to keep me on the straight and narrow.
I have been finding myself just thinking 'oh one thing today that isnt counted in syns won't hurt'..... but if you do that everyday it kinda adds up? I need to stop doing this - i'm not at bloody target yet so can't get lazy and complacent with it!

I, MinkyDinky (aka Donna :p), pledge to adhere to the following rules for the next 7 days:
**Log every morsel/scrap/mammoth meal that is to pass my lips BEFORE I actually eat it
**Up my water intake to minimum 3 pints of water in working hours and 1 litre outside of work
**Complete 4 hours of exercise (in any formation so 1 hour of badminton, 30 mins cycling, 30 mins on Wii fit etc)(adding to the 22 miles I already cycle to and from work)
**Have my 5 a day
**Ensure my meals are of a substantial size so I am not led to snacking (in theory I shouldn't need to snack if I am eating right at meal times!)

Today has gone off to an ok start as well!
Food is as follows:
Breakfast 4 x mushrooms sliced, fried in frylight, baked beans, 2 x wm bread HexB, I cant believe its not butter 3 syns (2 x lvl tsp) 1 cup of tea ½ syn
Mid morning Tea ½ syn, ½ cheese n onion roll (10.5 syns for whole, 5.5 for half) pint of water (no more snacking after today!!)
Lunch Fruit – pineapple, strawberry, melon, grape, banana. Pint of water
Dinner Chicken, mushroom, onion, spinach tomato & chilli pasta, HexA Cheese.
Syns 9.5

Now to work out where to fit exercise in :) 1 hour of badminton planned for tomorrow after work is a start!!

Dinner was pretty sweet! Added some green beans, fresh chillis as well as chilli powder and oregano.

Food for the day as follows:

image-4071502286.jpg

image-704924174.jpg

image-3815931208.jpg

Massive portion and ate it all. Finished with a kitkat to take me to the full 15 syns for the day (it wasn't a snack, it was pudding!!). Had 4 pints of water at work and now just tucking into a 750ml bottle of water.

Defo had my water intake and 5 a day. Snack this morning was prior to pledge!! Only cycled too and from work today so no additional exercise. I'm shattered and plan on an early night :)
Hope everyone is having a good evening! Xxx

Minks your plan and food looks great. I am off for the rest of the week and need to ensure to do a lot of exercise and eat well.

Well done to 2 off that's really good especially as u weren't optimistic! Well done :) xxx

I stayed the same this week :'( so I will join you in your pledge. With the addition of eating about 10 syns a day as opposed to 70 at the weekend and none the rest of the week.

Happy Friday Minks. This is the first weekend off since I started my job. Back to work on Monday for another month unti end of contract.

Very very quick post before I hit the sack.... Will catch up properly in the morning with everyone as I've been awfully busy the last couple of days.

But I'm starting this weekend hugely on a high as I've just received an email to tell me I've been nominated for Woman of the Year!!

I'm dead dead chuffed to have been nominated! Didn't contemplate it happening at all! So now I have to prepare something for Tuesday... I have no idea what! Never been to this in group before so not sure what's expected!

Happy dancey Minky tonight! Woo! Xxx

Back