MinkyDinkys SW Success Diary!!

Cheers girlies. I'm well into the next stone bracket now Em, 11 stone 10 now. 11 stone 7 is my 9 stone award and then it's just 1 stone 3.5 to target. Woo!

Greatest loser in class tonight I won so another sash, certificate and sticker to add to the collection. It was a good night actually, a few members stayed and we had newbies too that picked my brain on various different things.

Now it's dinner time. Had some nice free food at taster session so not overly hungry (spiced meaty couscous, mint and pea dhal which was gorge, sushi and sweet potato stew). Think I'm going to have egg on toast with bacon as it's an EE day xx

That sounds like a good taster session. Maybe I should make a big trip to your group every week! Spiced meaty couscous? Mint and Pea dahl - that sounds fab. Any recipes? xxx

That sounds like a good taster session. Maybe I should make a big trip to your group every week! Spiced meaty couscous? Mint and Pea dahl - that sounds fab. Any recipes? xxx

The couscous is dead simple. We have a partially blind woman in our group and she was struggling with ideas for lunch, so we spent a bit of time having a chat after group a month or so ago and she liked the idea of making up a batch of 'something' on a sunday so she could dig in over the week. I told her about bulgar wheat, couscous and pasta that could be packed with lots of things and she came up with this. She diced smoked bacon and chicken and fried off with paprika, chilli powder and ground cumin. Fried off onion, garlic, courgette and peppers, made up couscous with vegetable stock and then mixed it all together. It was lovely and so nice that she now has something to keep in the fridge to have whenever she likes. She really is a funny character but really struggles at times so I am dead chuffed she done this. The pea and mint dhal I don't have the exact recipe but basically it started out as pea and mint soup from the SW little book of soups. She loves a pea and mint dhal from the indian takeaway so added whole green lentils to the mix and simmered it down to a dhal consistency. It was AMAZING. I am officially in love with it. I guess you could get a soup recipe and convert or if you wait a week or two I am looking to get the book anyway :D xxxx

Bowl of frewit for a snack.

image-3957482826.jpg

Thanks Hun x sometimes the best meals evolve... X

So dinner was a change in plan. Had gammon, egg, mushroom and roast cauli and courgette.

image-3786914986.jpg

Going to have half a pot of yoomoo frozen strawberry yogurt for 3.5 syns. That's 8.5 for the day. And this stuff is well worth the 3.5 syns!

Just checking my emails and got one through from SW about applying for districts for Greatest Loser. Got about 40 questions I've gotta answer...in 12 days. Wonder if I've got any info saved from miss slinky...hmm?

Anywho, sleepy time, early start tomorrow and I'm shattered as it is. Nighty night all xx

So proud of you hun :) I bet your C is proud of you too!
Aww thanks Fran :) my C is more than proud, she wants to 'use' my experience to relaunch her group over in East Grinstead (next town) and take me with her for her 3 classes, luckily I'm off the week she is doing it so going along! Xx

Fantastic! 40 questions??? What do they want to know??!! Lol xxx
******, what don't they want to know! EVERYTHING! Will post some examples when I'm on the computer in a bit to show xx
Can we give references lol x
if only that were the case :) I think my C has been on to HO though and given them all my original details (I have my original book with start weights that she is copying) so she can prove I started with and am finishing with SW. Just got to get through the questionnaire now!! Xxx

Back