MinkyDinkys SW Success Diary!!

Green day today. And as it's the HR managers last day they have decided that a pizza hut lunch is the way forward... Well, 2 can play at that game!

Breakfast - 40g all bran hexb (actual yuk, will never eat again), Greek yogurt, raspberries

Lunch - Pizza! Warburton thins topped with HexA cheddar and mushroom, onion, pepper and courgette, with sweet potato chips. 5 syns for thin.

Dinner. Possibly a stir fry.

Peoples attitude towards food amazes me sometimes. A Girl at work, probably about 4-5 stone overweight and is constantly on 'this' diet and 'that' diet and currently on Slim fast, water retention patches and joined the gym, has come in today all bleary eyed and crying because the HR manager is leaving. Which y'know, is fine. BUT then walked into the kitchen, saw a tonne of donuts and said 'well the diets off today so I'll start my day with a donut and take a chocolate iced ring donut for later. Lord help the pizza when it gets here for lunch'. Now normally, I couldn't give a toss about what people eat - their choice, crack on if you want to stuff your face. But jeez, is that all it took to gorge yourself on food? A work colleague leaving?? Because I have lost a considerable amount of weight she always asks me 'how do you do it?' and 'I need to pick your brains to help me lose weight'. Well you know what, I am a little bit done with her now. I should just play a blinking tape to her going over the same **** I have done for the last 18 months, because she doesn't bleeding listen. Now I guess I can understand why C's get super frustrated when people moan in group that they aren't losing but have actually not followed plan. Grrrr. Sorry if this is a random rant but it really got on my wick! xxx

Haha, I could never be a C for that reason. People have been going there for years, then I see them outside tesco's and they go "don't tell but I just ate two boxes of maltesers!" It'd be funny if it weren't every week. They tend to ask my mum how come I lose weight and she usually says "she never bloody stops eating!" she should say next time that it isn't boxes of maltesers I'm eating. It is true, week in and week out "I ate a pack of biscuits." "why?" "they were there." "are they all gone now?" "yep." "don't buy any more." "but they're for my husband." "they're not if you eat the whole packet are they?" "erm...." I'm sure you'll have fun going to these new groups with her, hopefully you won't hear the same stuff you do from your colleague. Oh, and I have a bunch of friends who do exactly the same, except they join slimming world, ignore their pack and reach for dominoes and wine and then ask me how come I've lost weight, they didn't lose anything. It does make you a bit stabby after the umpteeth time. Enjoy your SW pizza!

It's amazingly frustrating isn't it?? I'm over my little rage now and will no doubt go back to 'helping' her but at the time... I could have happily pushed her face into a big chocolate cake!

In other (more positive!) news.... I'm going to be the news. Ha! My C sneakily passed my info onto the local paper with a bit of background to my slimming story last night, y'know, just to see if they were interested and blow me down they called her first thing this morning saying they'd love to interview me and take pics and want it all done on Saturday to run in next Wednesday's paper! Ahhhhhhh!

Totes nervous and haven't a bleeding clue what to wear but how fantastic to be given the opportunity to gush about SW to them and promote the eating plan / my group?! My C called me at work to ask me if I'd like to do it and said I could say no if I didn't feel comfortable but I love SW so why not promote it?! They may call me before Saturday to discuss 'things' (whatever that may be!) so I'm waiting on a call and getting mega butterflies!!

What a fabulous opportunity Minky - your amazing, lets hope once people read about you in the paper it spurs them on to join SW and have the success you have.

I 2nd Fran and say wear the dress you wore for the wedding - it showed your tiny waist off as well as the rest of your gorgeous new figure. If people are not impressed by you at your C's relaunch they need their heads examining. You will be great hun good luck xx

It's a bit crazy right?! Like I can't get my little head round it. I know it's not Cosmopolitan or Vogue bashing down my door but still... It's going out to the public! I did think about the 'wedding' dress, but then my crazy brain kicked in. I posted the picture on Facebook of me in it along with others, and if I wear it to the interview/photoshoot, when it goes out people who know me will see it and be like 'Girl only has one dress?? Pfft, pikey'. Stupid I know, but that's my brain.

I think I'll probably end up wearing it, just wish my brain would stop over thinking it. Oooor, I have a cute little black dress with White hearts all over (they look like polka dots). Although I don't know what shoes I'd wear with that, it's more a nice sandal flip flop shoe sort of dress. Or do I buy something new?? Is it really dress weather?! And so the thoughts continue... Le sigh.

But thanks for the awesome words and support, sometimes I really don't know what I'd do without you all :) xxx

You will look fab in whatever you decide on hun. I think were all of the same opinion re minis - its a fantastic support network and we have become a little family :D I know I wouldnt have got so far without everyones help,advice and support x

Just catching up with your diary and what a lot there is to catch up on! Very excited for you re going to new groups, you won't fail to inspire people as you inspire us on here all the time and I'm sure you do the same in your group. And wow to the newspaper printing your story! :) hopefully we will be able to view a copy on line, def wear the wedding dress and maybe they will want you in more than one outfit???? EXCITING STUFF!!!

On the annoying colleague sit - the girl I go to sw with has never read her book and doesn't have her healthy extras! Today she had one of my new alpen bars and said "how many syns?" I said 3 or if you have another you can count it as your healthy b choice and she said "but I've already had milk today!!" I mean seriously!!!!! :-o

Morning all! It's grey, miserable and wet here. Boo. Hopefully it's not wet tomorrow - don't need wet on my hair! I've decided to wear the 'wedding' dress tomorrow, I just don't have time to go shopping :( got to meet my C at 11 and I need a lie in, then pamper time before meeting them all. At least I have that to wear and know it looks ok otherwise I'd really panic! If it's online I'll post a link but if not I could always scan it and post that on here.

As for food, dinner last night was a carbonara

image-252483056.jpg

Food today is a green one.

Breakfast - plum (poor attempt I know :()

Lunch - scrambled egg on toast. Part HexA and hexb, WW nacho crisps 4 syns and banana

Plum for whenever and hifi light bar

Dinner - noodle stirfry.

Totally shattered and been at work since 7. Actually can't wait to go to bed but meeting my friend for a drink tonight for a quick catch up. Only diet cokes tonight and hope to be in bed by 10. Thank god! Xx

Just catching up and seen your news- how exciting!! Hope you have a lovely day tomorrow and you must scan the article in to show us :D xx

I've actually cancelled seeing my Best friend tonight cause I'm that tired. Screw going back out now. I'm melting into the sofa.

No idea what to have for dinner as I've changed to red day (had a pack of ham in the fridge and just had to have it with my lunch!).

image-3554092115.jpg

Really fancy a chicken kebab and salad. That would be awesome right now. Nom. May have a banana to tide me over till I decide.

Back