Minky's meals!

Nellylou said:
Just spotted your alpen light cheesecake, wow! I know what to stock up on when I go to tesco. Hope you've dried off now, I got wet on way to work, lunch break and way home :( x

It was so bloody good! Nom! Defo try it.
As for the weather - it can do one. Seriously, I hate the rain. It's doing my brain in. Dried off now and just waiting for dinner woo!
And poor you getting wet too! Do you walk to work? Roll on May and the nicer weather ay?! :) xx

Vile day here too!! Always walk Coco before and after work and heavens seem to open every time we step out the doors end up cutting them short.......even Coco doesn't mind - she hates the rain too!
Have only read the first Millenium book but have the second in cupboard (books are my other addiction lol)
Love any James Patterson books - so quick and short chapters :)
Really pleased with last 2 weeks but finding this week hard, shall I blame the weather!?!!

I would so blame the weather! I've been feeling the same, star week and grey skies have not helped at all and I have had to really put the breaks on with chocolates.

Touch wood no rain yet this morning - although it looks like it will any second! Eek! Xx

Thursday 26th April 2012
Green day

Bfast
Mushrooms
Egg

Mid am - 10:30
Cuppa 1/2 syn
3 x rich tea fingers 3 syns
small bunch of grapes
Muller light Greek yogurt Morello Cherry flavour 1/2 syn

Lunch
BNS and halved new potatoes roasted
50g feta cheese HexA
Lettuce
Red onion

Mid Pm
Apple
Mullerlight Greek Coconut yogurt 1/2 syn
Cuppa 1/2 syn and rich tea finger biscuit 1 syn

Dinner
Quorn meatballs
Homemade spicy vegetable sauce
Linguini
HexA cheddar

2 x alpen light HexB.

HexA x 1, HexB x
Syns 6
Fluids 5 large waters, 2 tea, 1 diet pepsi
Exercise 4.5 Miles on bike

image-421414957.jpg

image-727150073.jpg

image-3732640407.jpg

Last edited:
Another fab day Minks - well done xx
What are the quorn sausages like? Never tried them.
Managed a proper walk this evening but this morning was cut short by more rain!! Hope it's better for Saturday......we have a Barley Saturday the last Saturday in April every year and I love it - they have a Stallion show and run the horses through town afterwards - here's hoping it's dry. Last year was a scorcher and I had an ice cream lol x

I've been really good this week actually, trying different things and doing red days too and I've loved every meal!
I really like the quorn sausages - I know some people don't but I prefer them to the Linda McCartney ones (although not tried the red onion and rosemary ones that are meant to be gorgeous). I had the quorn meatballs yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed dinner. I have left overs for lunch woo!!
What's barley? I love horses - well animals in general but I do love horses!
How's your week been food wise honey? Xx

Barley Saturday is held in Cardigan and every year they have a stallion show and then the high street is closed off so they can parade the horses through - they actually run through town and the Welsh Cobs are stunning!! This event goes back to the 19th century when farmers would come to town to hire workers ad inspect stallions for stud and I think the event is unique to Cardigan.......just hope it's dry!

I've struggled this week but still hoping for maybe a pound off.......felt really hungry but have worked out that on 2 busy evenings I had WW ready meals and they just do not fill you up xx

Sounds like a great day :) I hope that the weather holds off for you and the sun makes a rare appearance!

I always find ready meals a bit on the small side, if I have them I either add salad to them or have them for lunch. If I had them for dinner I would need say 1 and a half?

You weigh on a Saturday now don't you? Fingers crossed for the morning!! A pound is still a great loss

Even though I have had a good week so far I don't feel like I've losses anything yet?? Feel really heavy today ?? Xx

Friday woo Friday woo! 27th April 2012
EE

Breakfast
Apple
Sweet omelette with banana, topped with quark mixed with White choc options 2 syns and tbsp golden syrup 2 syns

Grapes

Lunch
Left over quorn meatballs and vegetable sauce
Banana
Muller Greek coconut yogurt 1/2 syn

Cuppa 1/2 syn

Dinner
Not sure yet! Probably curry :)
Was a bit naughty.... Got engrossed in the computer, tummy was playing up so all I managed was
2 x alpen light HexB
2 x sausages 2 syns.

HexA x 0, HexB x 1
Syns 7
fluid 5 large water, 1 tea, large diet pepsi

image-115335603.jpg

image-4282472693.jpg

Last edited:
Ooo menu looks really nice today. X
Cheers tinks ;) tasted pretty lush in fact. I haven't had a sweet omelette in a long time (I call them pancakes but when I tell people its just egg and sweetener they are all like "er, thats just a sweet omelette??" but I like to think that its a pancake :D)
How you doing? xx

MinkyDinky said:
Cheers tinks ;) tasted pretty lush in fact. I haven't had a sweet omelette in a long time (I call them pancakes but when I tell people its just egg and sweetener they are all like "er, thats just a sweet omelette??" but I like to think that its a pancake :D)
How you doing? xx

I no what you mean, it be would be like an omelette but looks like a pancake. :)

Yeah I'm good thanks, just got home after what has felt like the longest shift ever. Just waiting for my rice to cook, then going to tuck into my curry.

Came home tote smell of curry and a vodka waiting for me. God my man trained well. Told him to turn the oven on, an he did it. Quite surprised.

Have a good night x

tinks* said:
I no what you mean, it be would be like an omelette but looks like a pancake. :)

Yeah I'm good thanks, just got home after what has felt like the longest shift ever. Just waiting for my rice to cook, then going to tuck into my curry.

Came home tote smell of curry and a vodka waiting for me. God my man trained well. Told him to turn the oven on, an he did it. Quite surprised.

Have a good night x

I saw the pic of the curry and all the little bowls of stuff - looked awesome! What curry was it? Or just a throw together rather than specific recipe? Hope you enjoyed it and the cheeky voddie ;) xx

MinkyDinky said:
I saw the pic of the curry and all the little bowls of stuff - looked awesome! What curry was it? Or just a throw together rather than specific recipe? Hope you enjoyed it and the cheeky voddie ;) xx

It was the super free rogan Josh on here. But added peppers and lean lamb to it. Was really nice. Oh yes enjoyed the vodka :) x

Saturday 28th April 2012
EE

Breakfast
Stuffed mushroom (fried onion, pepper, garlic) and HexA cheese
Grapes, banana

Lunch
Going to harvester with my friend so not sure what to pick yet!
Had salad, steak, jacket and peas. Gravy and devil sauce 3.5 syns

Galaxy flute 3 syns
Soft mints x 3 3 syns

Banana
Peanut hifi bar HexB

Dinner
Chicken kebab :) loads of salad
Pitta 10 syns? Was only small one but means I'm over syns for the day. Had low syns yesterday mind so I'm not too bothered.

HexA x 1, HexB x 1
Syns 19.5
Fluids 3 large diet pepsi, 4 large waters

image-4283212741.jpg

image-3112817929.jpg

image-1797197128.jpg

Last edited:
Sunday 29th April 2012

Breakfast
Banana
Muller Greek coconut yogurt 1/2 syn
2 tea 1 syn

Lunch
2 x quorn sausages 2 syns
Instant mash 1/2 syn
beans
2 x flat mushroom
1 tbsp ketchup 1 syn
30g cheddar
5 x rich tea fingers 5 syns

Dinner
Erm, laziness and no tempting food in so I have had a curry :(
Really awful I know but at least I am not having a whole naan?!
Chicken Tikka Massala - avg portion 14.5 syns
Plain rice - free
Cauliflower bhaji (Gotta have some veg for the superfree right?!) - cant find syns for this, assuming oil used but its mainly cauliflower florets, onion, tomato and spices. Will give a syn value of 5?

HexA x 1, HexB x 1
Syns 30 ish ? (worked out for the week that I am at about 75 total. so out of 105 for the week I am still within syns really. Just need to ensure fluids galore tomorrow in prep for WI to clear all salty cr@ppy stuff out of me :D)
Fluids 4 water, 2 tea, 2 large diet pepsi

image-166563636.jpg

Last edited:
Lost a pound Minky :)

You are doing really, really well. We had a fab day out yesterday and the sun even came out!! Bit overboard this weekend on the food and drink so ______________________ line drawn and going to stick to plan all week xxxxxxx

dextersmum said:
Lost a pound Minky :)

You are doing really, really well. We had a fab day out yesterday and the sun even came out!! Bit overboard this weekend on the food and drink so ______________________ line drawn and going to stick to plan all week xxxxxxx

Yay!!! Another pound in the right direction, woo!!
So glad the sun came out for you, it's out here at the moment actually. Did you have a good day?
I spent my Saturday with my friend who is pregnant catching up and eating too :D
I'll draw another line for you just so we are clear

So Monday - was off work with toothache and food was a bit random. Just a nana for breakfast and a hifi bar, nothing until dinner time which was a homemade chicken curry. Picked at mints and rich tea fingers dipped in tea throughout the day so not over board but pretty pants.

Tuesday - muchos depressed about the mouth situation so had a naughty picking day with various cheeses on mini crackers and pretzels. They were gorge and I didn't feel too bad about eating them. Basic day for food and had to be relatively soft 'cause of tooth.
Was WI too and lost 2.5 lbs. Woot! Hoping for 3 next week as I'm upping my s/free and downing my free. Need to ensure I have the correct amount of s/free and think I've been a bit relaxed with it to be honest.

A new week ahead though so woooooot! Xx

Wednesday 2nd May 2012
EE

B/fast
Grapes

Lunch
Mixed melon
Greek muller 1/2 syn
2 x Ryvita fruit crunch HexB
Pot of choc philli 4.5 syns
Chocolate from brazil - 3 syns? (so not worth it!!)

Dinner (at my mothers for a roast)
Lamb
Veggies
Boiled potatoes (was going to have roasties but she does them in goose fat :O)
Gravy 2 syns

Options hazelnut 2 syns

HexA x 0 (got no milk or cheese aaaaahhhhhh!) HexB x 1
Syns 12
Fluids pants
Exercise 4.5 miles on bike

image-892404831.jpg

image-2930175013.jpg

image-3917219440.jpg

Last edited:
Back