Minkys slinky mission!

Wooooohooooo minks you really have done amazingly! You should be so proud! What actually made you decide to start slimming world? I know I'm being lazy cos I could just go back to the start of your thread! I'm loving loving loving your Xmas party outfit you look so good! Xxx

What a fantastic story well done I have to say it was looking at pictures like this and reading success stories like your's that have encouraged me to start SW well done you should be so proud.

Last edited:
Wow! You're so pretty! What an amazing transformation. Can't wait to see you at target! X

Currently 14st 8lbs. 3lbs until I'm 1/2 way there! Woop!

My goodness - you look fabulous - I'v got a similar amount to lose and it's fabuolous to see it can be done. the difference is amazing. well done you :)

My god woman, you look blooming amazing!! xx

Thank you all so much. Going through a bit of a brain muddling time at the moment with this old healthy eating lark but being reminded of how far I've come and your positive and lovely comments help to rejig my brain and confidence again xxx

Minky I've always looked at your stats and couldn't imagine you 'bigger' if that makes sense, and now seeing them oh my! The change is unbelievable, you look much younger, healthier and more vibrant. You've done so well, you're a proper inspiration x

Minky I've always looked at your stats and couldn't imagine you 'bigger' if that makes sense, and now seeing them oh my! The change is unbelievable, you look much younger, healthier and more vibrant. You've done so well, you're a proper inspiration x
Thanks ThatBubbs :) Its that darn work photo that puts it in to perspective, when I look at that I can't believe how big I was! I mean, I knew I was bigger than your average and the scales confirmed that when I started SW but I never really 'saw' how big I had gotten - even my friends are gobsmacked when they see my before pictures!!

I often get asked - what made you start SW and I always feel a bit awkward to answer it. It wasn't a health issue, I didn't have a complex about how I looked (crazy I know!) and I wasn't bullied or have nasty comments because of my weight. I simply woke up one morning and I said to myself 'I don't want to be fat anymore'. Its amazing how many people get offended by that answer!! Whats wrong with being honest?? Thats all it was, I didn't want to keep shopping in the small sections of the small selection of shops any more, I wanted to go on fast rides at theme parks and not worry that I wouldn't be able to because of my size (I have actually queued for a ride at alton towers for over an hour just to be unable to have the locking mechanism not close because I was too big - I laughed it off at the time and told my friends it was because of my huge boobs but it wasnt...) and I wanted to do it for me, not for any one else. I remember telling my mum I'd joined SW and her first words out of her mouth? 'Has someone said anything to upset you?'. Erm, thanks for your concern mother but no, where is the well done for taking that step? Hmmm, good job I was just doing it for me ay? :D

So onwards, downwards and to a lighter future xxx

You look fab-u-lous! (said in a Craig revel Horwood voice of course!) :D

Well done on the weight loss and on having the guts to post your pics. I'm ashamed these days when I look at my large pics, but having them out there makes me doubly determined never to go back there!

You look fab-u-lous! (said in a Craig revel Horwood voice of course!) :D

Well done on the weight loss and on having the guts to post your pics. I'm ashamed these days when I look at my large pics, but having them out there makes me doubly determined never to go back there!

Thank yooooou :D and I'm the same re the old larger pics, it's what keeps me going and will stop me ever getting big again! Xx

Back