Mint Sauce?

Terri22

Hi just a quick question, are we allowed mint sauce? I've checked on the label and there is no citric acid ??????

What else is in it? Vinegar has carbs in it. There might be sugar in it as well.

Id be really hesitant in adding too many things into the diet, as polishrose says, its not just about citric acid. Youre best sticking with as many basics as possible and saving the treats for when you get to goal ;)

Yeah I know just smelt it yesterday when my boys (hubbie & Son) were having their roast dinner nom nom nom!!!

Nevermind I'll go without - not a real hardship really considering the gains

Tx

I LOVE mint sauce and mint jelly....but it does have sugar and a fair bit of vinegar in it so probably a no no. In very small quantities it would maybe be ok....but not one im going to risk i dont think lol x

Yep definately! Totally agree there. Altho there are some things we know are ok....there are too many "hmm maybes".....just think once were at goal we will have missed all those things so much that they'll taste even better lol x

Totally agree, I know Im guilty of having my Asda diet coke but just recently it seems barely a day goes by without someone suggesting something that might be suitable to eat. I just think - for me anyway - its a slippery slope. Im doing a TFR to take away the temptations and things, Ive had the occasional things to eat but always 'Exante friendly' high protein. I know its to each their own but Im too wary of experimenting with other things when I have no idea the impact other ingredients in them might have

Yep same here, and i tend to think that if you start introducing things that are a bit of a risk it might tempt u into having other things that arent too good. Best to just stick to the guidelines. Im guilty of asda diet coke on occasions too, and i couldnt live without my sparkling strawberry and kiwi water, but anything else i think i'll give a miss lol. Was funny tho cos when we discussed sugar free jelly last week i was on edge all day wanting to go shopping to buy some.....but if it had never been mentioned i wouldnt have thought of it. Best bit is, i couldnt find any without citric acid, so gave up on that pretty quick lol x

Back