Puddings Miracle 6 calorie chocolate jelly

fit4hols

Silver Member
Just made this amazing chocolate dessert that only has 28 calories for 600g of the stuff! It really is chocolatey! 1.5 syns for 600g on all plans.

Ingredients
4g pack agar-agar
7g cocoa powder
1tbsp zero calorie sweetener, to taste

Method

• Boil 400ml water.
  • Put cocoa powder in a jug and slowly mix in the boiling water and sweetener. Sprinkle in the agar powder, stirring continuously. If using agar granules/flakes, then boil for a few minutes in a saucepan stirring continuously. Quickly stir in 200ml cold water.
  • Immediately pour into 5 moulds or small containers and put on a bench to set. Once cool, chill in the fridge.

Attachments

• CIMG30841.jpg
    CIMG30841.jpg
    392.9 KB · Views: 1,567
Last edited:
Ah, oops, just checked some of the UK supermarkets online and see you can't get it there. Thanks. Granulated/powder sweetener will work just as well, I've amended the original recipe.:) If you like chocolate it is really nice, half mousse half jelly...

You're welcome! Hope you like it, I've eaten so much of it today. I need to make some more tomorrow:D

AnnaFaraday said:
Cocoa powder isn't free. It is 4.5 syns for 28g

Sounds dee-lish.

Cocoa powder syns vary dependant on the make so use the 20cals =1 syn rule.
7g is tiny however - so if it's 28 cals for the lot it's about 1.5 syns I think

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I know unsweetened cocoa has syns, but I put all the nutrition data calculated from the packaging into the Slimming World syn calculator and it came out as free.

Remember this makes 600g of dessert, and there are only 28 calories in it... Oh, and 2.5g fibre in the total mix.

Sounds yummy!!

Not sure about Sainsburys/Tescos/health food shops etc but certainly Asian supermarkets and EBay. Maybe named as agar agar or kanten.

I'm sure they sell it in Tesco - it's the veggie option to gelatine - so should be with cake making stuff

Kx

Sounds dee-lish.

Cocoa powder syns vary dependant on the make so use the 20cals =1 syn rule.
7g is tiny however - so if it's 28 cals for the lot it's about 1.5 syns I think

Kx

Yes... Been thinking about this one... Let's go with 1.5 syns per total quantity - this is definitely a snack it's possible to over-indulge on! Have updated the original post. Thanks for the putting the info on about Tesco as well, I wasn't sure.:)

Back