Snacks TURKISH DELIGHT

I think 1 tblsp is 4 syns

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Has anyone tried making these with vegetarian 'gelatine'?

Is there anything else I can put the mixture into to set? I don't have silicone ice cube trays.... Thx. Xx

i did mine in a takeaway container and then cut into cubes as it sets quite rigid. i personally wouldnt recommend this recipe though :( it tasted horrid i followed the recipe to the letter and it did not taste anything like turkish delight i'm afraid to say. however i have tried several recipes with gelatine and have not liked any of them so i'm wandering if its the gelatine i dont like????

Just wondering, how 'firm' are the cubes? I would really love to have a firm texture as opposed to jelly (more like real TD I guess). If it didn't turn out thick enough, would I add more gelatine (or agar agar if vege) or would I reduce the water?
Got lots of flavour ideas if I can get it firm enough - plus I have ordered lots of silicone moulds ready!!

amanda77 said:
Just wondering, how 'firm' are the cubes? I would really love to have a firm texture as opposed to jelly (more like real TD I guess). If it didn't turn out thick enough, would I add more gelatine (or agar agar if vege) or would I reduce the water?
Got lots of flavour ideas if I can get it firm enough - plus I have ordered lots of silicone moulds ready!!

Yes and yes - the less water , and the more gelatine, the more solid jelly it will become.
I would practice with amounts

Kx

Before I type the recipe, I want to thank Juicygooseface for providing the idea for me to make this- thanks hun ;)

INGREDIENTS
8 fl.oz cold water
3 Tblsp Rose Essence
3-4 Tblsp Splenda
2 Sachets gelatine
Frylight
Pink Colouring paste
1 tsp icing sugar (1 syn)

Spray some silicone ice cube trays with frylight

In a small saucepan mix the water, Rose essence and sweetener together and slowly bring to the boil

Lower to a simmer and whisk in the gelatine powder.

Carefully pour into the moulds

Using a cooks paintbrush or toothpick, pick up some pink colour paste and mix into each cube

Set in the fridge

Push cubes out.

In a separate bowl sieve the icing sugar.
Dip the 'Turkish delight' into the sugar as you eat.

If sprinkled on top, it dissolves and disappears,

Melted chocolate could also be used (but synned)

I'm about to make this :cross: Hopefully it will go well, but as I can't stand the stuff, I will be clueless until my Mum tries it...belated Mother's Day present :)
x

well seeing as how this is my user name i think i shoud make some!!! thank you. xxx

My mum enjoyed it unless she was just being polite :hmm: x

Lakeland sell rose water essence as well as loads of other flavours, handy if you don't or can't order off the net and there is one close by to you. Sainsbury's sells it in the baking section as well and lots of different food colourings too. I got loads of colours in at Xmas to make cookies and gingerbread men lol!

Don't know if anyone here has been to Turkey, but there are shops there that just sell Turkish Delight in every colour and flavour you can think of, I loved the ones with chopped pistachio in them :drool:

Is Rose Water Essence the same as Rose Water? I have had a go at this tonight and dipped my finger in the mixture and it didnt really have much taste to it?! I used Rose Water Essence, im wondering if Rose Water is stronger in taste?

Just tried this, it was delicious! Worked perfectly. Is pretty much like the fake haribo, firm. I don't think I could eat it without the sugar. Tempted to get other flavourings now though!

Back