Miss_Taken no more

Birthday was good, but a bit of a row right at the end, as the teenage barman accused some of my guests of stealing glasses and refused to let anyone (including the kids, who by this point were pretty frightened) leave. It might not have been such an issue but he also accused my oh and I of not paying the place for our party (we paid the entire amount up front), was incredibly rude to me when I tried to explain and told him I would sort it out with his manager in the morning and announced to all my guests that we couldn't pay our bill, completely humiliating me. I had a couple of people take me aside after and ask me if I needed a loan to pay it.
Most of us were pretty drunk and it just wasn't the time or place for him to open his mouth. His manager had my contact details and could have either dealt with the query about the bill before she left for the night or called me in the morning. Was so mad about how everyone was treated. Memorable birthday eh? X

Anyway, rant over, still had a good time before all that and managed to stay the same tonight. Since I would have been happy to stay the same, I'm delighted. Will hopefully get some pictures up during the week x

Goals
Get below 300lb - DONE
Get Club10 -DONE
Lose 2st to get into the teens -DONE
Lose 3st -DONE
Lose 4st -DONE
Lose 5st -DONE
Get Club25/Lose 5.5st - DONE
Get into Obese Class 1 - DONE
Lose 6st - DONE
Get Club30 -
Get into Overweight BMI category -
Get Club40 -
Get into Normal BMI category-

Birthday was good, but a bit of a row right at the end, as the teenage barman accused some of my guests of stealing glasses and refused to let anyone (including the kids, who by this point were pretty frightened) leave. It might not have been such an issue but he also accused my oh and I of not paying the place for our party (we paid the entire amount up front), was incredibly rude to me when I tried to explain and told him I would sort it out with his manager in the morning and announced to all my guests that we couldn't pay our bill, completely humiliating me. I had a couple of people take me aside after and ask me if I needed a loan to pay it.
Most of us were pretty drunk and it just wasn't the time or place for him to open his mouth. His manager had my contact details and could have either dealt with the query about the bill before she left for the night or called me in the morning. Was so mad about how everyone was treated. Memorable birthday eh? X

Anyway, rant over, still had a good time before all that and managed to stay the same tonight. Since I would have been happy to stay the same, I'm delighted. Will hopefully get some pictures up during the week x

Goals
Get below 300lb - DONE
Get Club10 -DONE
Lose 3st -DONE
Lose 4st -DONE
Lose 5st -DONE
Lose 6st - DONE
Get Club30 -
Get Club40 -

hey hun, omg what a horrible end to your birthday. I would have been really upset too. Did anyone contact you after to apologise or anything?

well done on staying the same, that is great news :) xx

Nah, i called them the morning after to complain tho.

Thanks hunni, good luck for your weigh in today.

Goals
Get below 300lb - DONE
Get Club10 -DONE
Lose 3st -DONE
Lose 4st -DONE
Lose 5st -DONE
Lose 6st - DONE
Get Club30 -
Get Club40 -

thanks hun. I managed to get 1.5 off. Didn't quite make my award but it's still a great loss and I'm happy with it :)

hope your having a good week ;)

Well done, 1.5lb is still a great loss. Xxx

Goals
Get below 300lb - DONE
Get Club10 -DONE
Lose 3st -DONE
Lose 4st -DONE
Lose 5st -DONE
Lose 6st - DONE
Get Club30 -
Get Club40 -

Wow, it's been a while since I checked in, been feeling a bit blah this week, got a cough that's starting much like one I had 2 years ago that lasted about 3 months (not an exaggeration) that my doc blamed on my weight and developed into a chest infection that was completely overlooked because of my weight (they already had something to blame) and left me feeling like a zombie. It was one of my motivators to lose as I was fed up of every little thing being because of my weight and getting told lose 10st then we'll help you.
Hopefully this time it won't turn into so much of a drama or a fight, but it has meant that I'm comfort eating more than I should and not even considering syns in cough syrup or lozenges. I'm not expecting a loss tonight but am definitely still going to go weigh in anyway. Took the bull by the horns yesterday and have planned "sore throat and stuffed nose friendly" meals for the next few days.
Yesterday Vegetable Soup
Today Irish Stew (it's a bit of a mish mash of leftover veg and diced beef)
Tomorrow Chicken Curry and Rice
Wednesday Cowboy Hotpot (but with mash on top instead of sliced potatoes).
Trying to stop the snacking during the day and keep my main meals free so I have spare syns for whatever cough remedies I'm taking. Also treat night is cancelled tonight.

Goals
Get below 300lb - DONE
Get Club10 -DONE
Lose 3st -DONE
Lose 4st -DONE
Lose 5st -DONE
Lose 6st - DONE
Get Club30 -
Get Club40 -

Wow, it's been a while since I checked in, been feeling a bit blah this week, got a cough that's starting much like one I had 2 years ago that lasted about 3 months (not an exaggeration) that my doc blamed on my weight and developed into a chest infection that was completely overlooked because of my weight (they already had something to blame) and left me feeling like a zombie. It was one of my motivators to lose as I was fed up of every little thing being because of my weight and getting told lose 10st then we'll help you.
Hopefully this time it won't turn into so much of a drama or a fight, but it has meant that I'm comfort eating more than I should and not even considering syns in cough syrup or lozenges. I'm not expecting a loss tonight but am definitely still going to go weigh in anyway. Took the bull by the horns yesterday and have planned "sore throat and stuffed nose friendly" meals for the next few days.
Yesterday Vegetable Soup
Today Irish Stew (it's a bit of a mish mash of leftover veg and diced beef)
Tomorrow Chicken Curry and Rice
Wednesday Cowboy Hotpot (but with mash on top instead of sliced potatoes).
Trying to stop the snacking during the day and keep my main meals free so I have spare syns for whatever cough remedies I'm taking. Also treat night is cancelled tonight.

Goals
Get below 300lb - DONE
Get Club10 -DONE
Lose 3st -DONE
Lose 4st -DONE
Lose 5st -DONE
Lose 6st - DONE
Get Club30 -
Get Club40 -

hey hun, hope your feeling ok. There is nothing as bad as feeling sick. I had a bit of a cold a few weeks ago and a very sore throat I just had the throat sweets but they didnt seem to do much harm.

I hate it when doctors say stuff like that. You didnt get a cough because your overweight :rolleyes: I love now when its said to me I just say oh I've actually lost such and such since and that usually shuts them up! My own doctor is really nice and supportive though but some can be ***:eek:

Food sounds yummy for the week and thats a great idea staying syn free. Hope your feeling better soon xx

Thanks hun, my old doc was one of the awful ones (and she had no room to lecture anyone) and my current surgery have some pretty judgy younger locum docs (one instance in particular comes to mind where I got told "losing some weight would help" and when I told him I'd already lost 4st, he followed it with "well it's a start I suppose but you still need to lose lots more"...if I hadn't been in shock at the rudeness, he could have been wearing a nice pretty pink handprint on his pretty little face ) but my regular one is lovely.
Hopefully back in the game today, had a small setback yesterday when I got home to find my electric had gone out during the day so my dinner in the slow cooker wasn't done in time, so treat night happened after all. Still, had a chicken salad wrap from the chippy so it could have been worse.
Today I made up for it with a muller light and machine hot chocolate (4 syns) for breakfast, leftover stew for lunch, and cowboy hotpot for dinner. No snacks and the rest of my syns spent on cough syrup methinks ;) xx

Goals
Get below 300lb - DONE
Get Club10 -DONE
Lose 3st -DONE
Lose 4st -DONE
Lose 5st -DONE
Lose 6st - DONE
Get Club30 -
Get Club40 -

oh I hate when something like that happens. sometimes i forget to take something out of the freezer for dinner then the next day im like what am i going to have! Those chillies look yummy. Have never seen them on sale down here anywhere! Hope your having a good week. I can't believe it's October already!

I got the chillis in tesco, they have a jar of crushed garlic and one of ginger too, so might stock up for my next delivery.
Week is going ok (I think). Decided to finally ditch the scales to stop mid week mood swings and while it is really tough not knowing (I keep wondering if I'm overeating), it's actually kind of liberating. I'm eating the meals I want, not skipping meals because I don't like what the scales say, but I'm still 100% back on plan in a way I wasn't before. It's not all weight driven, it's now about how I feel. That might all change on monday night tho ;) x
Congratulations on your award, you're doing fantastic btw xxx

Have been having a really good week up until today, when I didn't really intend to go off the rails (had 2 hifis for breakfast), but I had an engagement shoot with my wedding photographer and it started with a mocha in cafe Nero which turned into a mocha and a croissant (because it was so fresh and yummy looking) and the photographer wanted some relaxed pics of us just chilling out.
Got home and thought well, put it behind me keep plugging on, defrosted and heated up some leftover cowboy pie for late lunch, thinking this is great, this'll do me for dinner as well and if I really get the munchies, there are yoghurt and fruit in the fridge.
Y'see, the problem came when my fiance, wonderful as he is, managed to get hurt earlier. He's ok, but his ankle and knee are pretty banged up and I'm feeling kinda sorry for him. So when he said he wanted a Chinese for dinner, I didn't really have the heart to say no. Figured I'd call and order his and that'd be that but he said the magic words..."spring rolls" and "I'll pay". So I really had to, you see :p
Back on the bandwagon tomorrow, still scales - less

Oh wow, been a while, had a couple of gains (1lb and 0.5lb) so was kinda hibernating and trying to get back on track. Had a lb off tonight so mostly there.
I have my scales back...I had to, it didn't help not having them, it made me lose focus because I thought I was ok and I wasn't. On the plus side, I seem to have reined it in from 3 x a day to no more than one so I'm not essentially deciding what to have to eat by jumping on the scales first.

Sounds like your back on track hun with the pound loss this week. I tried to ditch my scales but I lasted one day and got them back. Even now as I type this I'm annoyed because Saturday and Sunday was showing another half pound off than this morning so how I can be gaining while on plan! But I know your body changes etc and I do usually weigh same time each day. It's so stupid I know!!

I'm making a Swiss roll for our taster tomorrow hope it turns out ok. Hope you have a great week. We won't find Christmas drawing in now! :) x

How did the Swiss roll (and the wi) go?
Am definitely bk on track, aiming to get to 14st (or under) by xmas. I know it's unlikely but it's possible and would be incredible to start the new year (and a month and a half til my wedding) 2st from target.

Swiss roll went down well there was lots of yummy stuff there that people had brought in. I was down 2.5lbs.

You could get into the 14's hun just keep at it id love go get into the 14's too but to be honest with you il be happy in the low 15's for Christmas. I bought the countdown so hope that keeps me on track :)

That's fantastic, you're doing so well, it inspires me to keep plugging away at it.
The countdown is brilliant, no excuses, I have no change, can't get to the bank or whatever, it's already paid up and a free week or two. I normally get the 6 week but gonna get 12 weeks on monday night so I can get the Christmas book...did u get it? Is it any good? X

Hi :)

Just dropping by to subscribe. Your food looks great and congrats on your weight loss

Tracy x

Didn't get the book today she said anyone who bought one will get it next week. But I had a look at the book in group a few weeks ago when she showed us and it looks great def some ideas for Christmas! I've never bought a countdown before but as you said it's paid up and 2 free weeks is a bonus and the book. Really want to go for another stone for Christmas hope that's doable :)

Welcome Tracey, good to have you. Thanks, been at this a while now so will get there eventually. Congrats on your journey so far, you're doing fab!
I had a quick flick through the Christmas book too and definitely wanna get it, as I'm on Christmas dinner duty for the future in laws this year so all ideas will be gratefully received. I want to make it as sw friendly as possible so I don't feel like a hippo on boxing day :p
A stone is definitely possible by Christmas, that's what? Less than 1.5 a week? No bother to u NewMe xx

Back