missemma's 10 stone journey

Try it and see what works for you, it's all trial and error, some people exercise their usual amount and feel fine, others feel they can't! It really is just what works for the individual though for exercise and how you spread the cals out :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Try it and see what works for you, it's all trial and error, some people exercise their usual amount and feel fine, others feel they can't! It really is just what works for the individual though for exercise and how you spread the cals out :) xx

Oh I could easily do it on the 500 cals I think because I usually get back from the gym so late I don't have time to eat anything too substantial. Maybe I'll do my two fast days on Tuesday and Friday that way I can see if it helps at all. That's one day of gym and one day without. I'll probably burn about 350 calories at the gym so does that mean I can replace those lost ones ;) haha

Re: missemma makes a return

Some people eat more on a fast day if they have worked out, some people get used to not. I guess it's what works for you. Have something like a small banana with you which is about 90-100 cals just in case you need a pick me up. And if you feel faint, sick or dizzy stop. You'll find what works for you xx

Some people eat more on a fast day if they have worked out, some people get used to not. I guess it's what works for you. Have something like a small banana with you which is about 90-100 cals just in case you need a pick me up. And if you feel faint, sick or dizzy stop. You'll find what works for you xx

I've got a cherry bake well alpen light with me just incase although tbh my food not including dinner is pretty normal for a work day, I've got the same amount of salad as normal I just have a few slices less of ham!
It's just tonight that I might need to readjust as I only have 50 calories or so!

Okay here is a picture of my food totalling 449 calories!

image-3774743580.jpg

I had one alpen light & 1/2 the milk this morning.

Just eaten 'breakfast' which was the other 1/2 of the milk made into coffee and fruit.

image-1023757727.jpg

So far so good! Normalish day for me food/work wise so not feeling bad at all yet! It's the 51 calorie dinner I'm pondering on! Any ideas will be gratefully received. I could for-go my second alpen light as that's 65 calories spared then I'd have 116 calories left but even then it's not much haha! We shall see how I feel post gym

1. 2tbsp houmous and 2 slices of red pepper, 50 calories
  2. 12 strawberries, 48 calories
  3. 6 dill pickles, 48 calories
  4. ½ grapefruit, 39 calories
  5. 1 cup of air-popped butter-free popcorn, 31 calories
  6. ¼ cantaloupe melon, 48 calories
  7. 2 egg white omelette, 34 calories
  8. 10 pitted green olives, 42 calories
  9. 10 grapes, 35 calories
  10. 1 small pack raisins, 42 calories
  11. 1 kiwi fruit, 47 calories
  12. 1 rice cake with 1tbsp sugar-free jam, 45 calories
  13. 8oz Miso soup, 36 calories
  14. 1oz smoked salmon (about one slice) on two wheat crackers, 48 calories
  15. 7 carrot sticks with 1tbsp low-fat ranch dressing, 45 calories
  16. 1 slice fresh pineapple, 45 calories
  17. 1 small green apple, 50 calories
  18. 10 cherries, 42 calories
  19. 7 celery stalks, 45 calories
  20. 1 slice of chicken breast, 27 calories
  21. 1 McDonald's Chicken McNugget, 46 calories
  22. 16 cherry tomatoes, 49 calories
  23. 1 Light Babybel cheese, 40 calories
  24. A small scoop of soft-scoop vanilla ice cream, 50 calories
  25. Options Belgian Chocolate Hot Chocolate drink, 40 calories
  26. 1 Jaffa Cake, 46 calories
  27. 10 spears of asparagus, 50 calories
  28. 50g canned sweetcorn, 50 calories
  29. 50g cooked prawns, 40 calories
  30. 1 small tangerine, 37 calories
  31. 1 oatcake with 2tsp Philadephia Light, 50 calories
  32. 1 sugar-free jelly, 15 calories
  33. 1 slice of Asda Cheese Singles Light, 38 calories
  34. 50 blueberries, 39 calories
  35. 1 Quorn banger, 50 calories
  36. ¼ tin Heinz Baked Beans, 49 cals
  37. ½ slice of brown bread, 37 calories
  38. 8 dry roasted peanuts, 43 calories
  39. 2 marshmallows, 46 calories
  40. 1 slice of ham, 46 calories
  41. 1 Refreshers Ice Lolly, 47 calories
  42. 1 small peach, 38 calories
  43. 1 Cadbury Chocolate Finger, 31 calories
  44. 1 brazil nut, 32 calories
  45. 2 crab sticks, 44 calories
  46. 1oz fat-free cottage cheese on 1 slice Finn Crisp Crispbread, 38 calories
  47. 1 Mars Celebration, 45 calories
  48. 1 square of dark chocolate, 27 calories
  49. 40 sugarsnap peas, 44 calories
  50. 5 salt and vinegar Pringles, 50 calories

We also have a book club that come in and they have a 5:2 cook book in there! How bizarre! But it has various meals in there in cal brackets so 0-100, 100-200, etc and its only a fiver. I may have to purchase just for low cal meals in general xx

We also have a book club that come in and they have a 5:2 cook book in there! How bizarre! But it has various meals in there in cal brackets so 0-100, 100-200, etc and its only a fiver. I may have to purchase just for low cal meals in general xx

That book sounds awesome! We used to have book club but people kept 'borrowing' the books so they stopped! Sillyness.

I am delighted to see a two egg white omelette is only 34 calories, mixed with one slice of ham this could be okay for dinner maybe! I've never had just egg whites as am omelette though :/ thank you for the list, there is some interesting things in there xxx

Oooh combining 5:2 with SW sounds different... will be really interested to hear how you get on with it, good luck! xx

Wow little cals for your tea! We're all different though :D generally I skip breakfast and just have liquids, lunch is a salad or Finn crisps with philli light then I can still have a good 300 or something for the evening. Hope the gym goes well! Xx

Oooh combining 5:2 with SW sounds different... will be really interested to hear how you get on with it, good luck! xx

Yes, just because I ate/drank quite badly over the weekend and want to try and pull some weight loss back! I hope it works!

Wow little cals for your tea! We're all different though :D generally I skip breakfast and just have liquids, lunch is a salad or Finn crisps with philli light then I can still have a good 300 or something for the evening. Hope the gym goes well! Xx

I think it's because I'm so used to eating breakfast at lunch time & then lunch around 5pm at work that it kinda seems like lunch/dinner anyways. So my first day wasn't too bad actually, 499 calories eaten, I did go to the gym and worked out pretty normally but I was more aware to not push it due to the minimal calorie intake. I also think I felt more hungry because I knew I wasn't 'allowed' to eat anything extra if that makes sense.

So the total food for today at 499 calories was....

image-2327540785.jpg image-1430875923.jpg

Dinner was 2 ryvita with 3 slices of lean ham & 3/4 of a tomato sliced with 1 teaspoon extra light mayo haha. Such a crappy dinner but it actually tasted so good.
I'm actually looking forwards to a normal day tomorrow where I can eat fruit that isn't weighed out, 4 ryvita with Lowlow and as much salad items as I like, and then eggs for dinner, 2 of them with salad and ham if I wanted and no counting, ooh that means 3 coffees and not 2, amazing ;) haha.

Gym was :

image-3816992438.jpg

I weighed this morning and the scales said +5 so let's see if they're any less tomorrow morning....

Attachments

• image-3209979193.jpg
    image-3209979193.jpg
    419 KB · Views: 65
  • image-1370875311.jpg
    image-1370875311.jpg
    541.2 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Scales down 2lb from yesterday so showing a +3lb gain! That's unusual for me so good times.

Bad news though my frigging scales needs new battery. When I got off I got back on again (I do that) and it said LO. Not oh Emma you are too low to be weighing yourself but haha no more weighing for you. On my way to work now so I'm going to buy a battery so first thing so straight after the gym is scales hopping ;)

Food today - red day.

Before work snackage - banana.
Breakfast - fruit (cherries & mango) with a coffee.
Lunch - 4 ryvita (HEb), 60g low low (HEa), tomato & cucumber. Strawb danio (1 syn).
Pre gym - alpen light if I need it.
Dinner - beef & egg salad.

What a lovely food day that sounds! I couldn't eat the banana quick enough haha!

Scales down 2lb from yesterday so showing a +3lb gain! That's unusual for me so good times.

Bad news though my frigging scales needs new battery. When I got off I got back on again (I do that) and it said LO. Not oh Emma you are too low to be weighing yourself but haha no more weighing for you. On my way to work now so I'm going to buy a battery so first thing so straight after the gym is scales hopping ;)

Food today - red day.

Before work snackage - banana.
Breakfast - fruit (cherries & mango) with a coffee.
Lunch - 4 ryvita (HEb), 60g low low (HEa), tomato & cucumber. Strawb danio (1 syn).
Pre gym - alpen light if I need it.
Dinner - beef & egg salad.

What a lovely food day that sounds! I couldn't eat the banana quick enough haha!

My scales did the same this morning (not the battery bit just yet). 3lbs doesn't seem nearly as bad as 5! What day do you WI?xx

haha your LO comment made me chuckle! Sounds like the 1st day of 5:2 went well...I'll be following avidly and see how it affects your losses, as I'm in a bit of a rut at the mo so need something to kick start me for the last half stone!
xx

Lol, your LO comment did make me laugh :-D

Enjoy your food today xx

My scales did the same this morning (not the battery bit just yet). 3lbs doesn't seem nearly as bad as 5! What day do you WI?xx

I know and hopefully each day it will go down until I get a STS or loss on WI day which is Saturday mornings :) xx

haha your LO comment made me chuckle! Sounds like the 1st day of 5:2 went well...I'll be following avidly and see how it affects your losses, as I'm in a bit of a rut at the mo so need something to kick start me for the last half stone!
xx

Yeah I sometimes need a shakeup and although the 5:2 seems a total fad diet I might try it for a week here and there! Always good just before a holiday or something to speed up weight loss!
I bought a new battery on my way to work so I can get straight back on tonight :D xx

Lol, your LO comment did make me laugh :-D

Enjoy your food today xx

Haha it's true though! I'm surprised my scales don't say 'get off you fat git' when I step on them ;) xx

Back