missemma's 10 stone journey

Have been getting myself ready for Reading tomorrow, painted my nails a lovely bright pink, dyed my hair so it is once again red and have made my food to take with me. I have decided on a green day that way if I do get peckish I can try and find a jacket spud with beans.

So far I'm going to set my alarm for 545 so I can get up and do the shred before I go (crazy), and then I'll have my breakfast which I think will be some overnight oats and then I'll take a banana to eat on the train. I have made some rice with vegetables to take to eat in the arena, just mixed in some spinach, mushrooms, spring onions and fresh tomatoes with a bit of soy sauce in it. I was thinking about making an omlette and taking it with me but I know that will just be messy. I'll take 3 babybel lights with me for my HEA and the second HEB will be the 2 alpen lights I'll take, that way I shouldn't get hungry as that's a normal day. My syns will be used up on beeeeeeeeer. Can't wait :D

Have an amazing weekend Emma! x

Nice and early start!

WI: 12.8. That's 1lb off woohoo :) also only 1lb away from my goal of 12.7 for the wedding ?

30 day shred done this morning! That's dedication seeing as I'm already on the train from London to Reading.

My day is currently planned as:

B- overnight oats (HEB) with strawberries.

L/T - plain rice mixed with mushrooms, spring onion, tomatoes, spinach & soy sauce.

S- 2 alpen lights (HEB), 3 babybel light (HEA).

HEA: x1
HEB: x2
Syns: 2x cans Gaymers (16), tuborg x5 (55) = 71.
Coffee: 0
Vitamins: taken.
Weights: 0 (but weights done in the shred).
30 day shred: day 7 done.

Last edited:
Good morning all! How are we on this Saturday? Just been calculating my syns from yesterday, 71 which is alcohol alone as on the food front I stuck to plan and ate exactly what I said I was going to :) good thing about having no syns during the week is that I can save them up for times like this and for last week but total syns worked out at 85 for last week. If we are allowed 15 a day that is 85/105 so I still come in under target for that. Good times.

My plans changed a little and I was able to weigh in from home this morning, luckily for me after all the alcohol my scales still showed 12.8 so that's still 1lb off, happy times :)

I was looking at my target today and I can't believe I'm just a stone and 8lbs away from it, it's madness, I never thought I'd be 22lbs away from my ideal weight, I know once I get to that though I'm going to lower it further but 11 stone is my main aim.

I'm off to my parents for the bank holiday so I have to make sure that I stick to plan over the next few days as when I go there it's always full of temptations, going to go shopping on my way down and make sure I get some nice tasty syn free snacks.

The plan food wise today is green:

B - 2 slices WM toast (HEB), eggs & baked beans.

L - Lettuce, tomato, cucumber, potato slices. Danio yoghurt (1), salt & vinegar Special K crisps (4).

T - jacket potato with 3 babybel light (HEA), cottage cheese & salad. Salad dressing (1).

S - melon & strawbs, 250mls milk (HEA), cadburys fudge light hot choc (2), slimline g&t (2.5).

I might use some syns up on a hot chocolate for the journey although with having to go shopping too means that might not happen as it'll go cold, I might just take the packet of hot chocolate with me to drink at my mums tonight.

I've already done my shred this morning, nice to get it out of the way early.

HEB: x2
Syns: 10.5
Weights: 0
30DS: day 8 done.

Last edited:
Hey sounds like a lovely Saturday you have planned :)
I had a hot choc last night for the first time in ages as it was a bit chilly here, really enjoyed it so must put them on my shopping list x

Sunday, woo! Having a lazy morning after I did my 30 Day Shred.

Food today is an extra easy as we are celebrating my brothers birthday today so there will be meat & carbs on offer haha :D they'll be no weight loss this week after the amount of breakfast we ate! All free though but still too much, it is two meals though and I will be going for a long walk later on today!

We had a late breakfast so that's brunch and it was EPIC.

B/L - Lean bacon, 2 syn free quorn sausages, scrambled egg, mushrooms, tomatoes, beans, SW hash browns & 2 slices WM toast (HEB) with brown sauce (1.5). Belly buster.

T - chicken, jacket potato, rice, salad, pasta, cheese (HEA), 2 onion rings (5), sauce (4).

S - Hot choc (2), slice of birthday cake (10).

HEB: x1
Syns: 22.5 (!!)
Vitamins: Taken.
Weights: 0
30DS: day 9 done.

Will update with the rest later on :) xx

Last edited:
Well done on your big 5lb loss! You're doing fabulously. Just stopping by to subscribe as I'm looking for inspiring diaries :)

Welcome :) fingers crossed you'll be inspired & if you want any support then you'll find it here.

EE day today.

B- 2 weetabix (HEB), mullerlight & fruit.

L- jacket potato, salad, chicken, rice, gravy (1)

T- tomato mugshot with added tomatoes & spinach. 3 babybel light (HEA).

Syns: x1
Weights: 0 (I haven't been as strict with this whilst doing the shred as I don't think my body can take it haha.
Vitamins: taken
30DS: Day 10 done. Eek.

Last edited:
Can't believe I've now done all 10 days in a row of the first level of shred. I watched some of number 2 today and OH MY GOD, I'm going to die. Haha!!

About to have a quick shower and then do an online food shop, not done one in a while so looking forwards to it :D

Can't believe I've now done all 10 days in a row of the first level of shred. I watched some of number 2 today and OH MY GOD, I'm going to die. Haha!!

About to have a quick shower and then do an online food shop, not done one in a while so looking forwards to it :D

I actually found level 2 easier than level 1 lol

With you doig your 30DS and Jo doing her fitness camp, I'm feeling rather lethargic in comparison!
Great news on the progress towards the wedding target...you'll smash it at this rate!
I saw the full outfit on FB and you look stunning!!! :) xxx

I actually found level 2 easier than level 1 lol

Really? I've been watching it on YouTube and I'm really looking forwards to getting home and trying it! I liked level 1 too so let's hope it's not too bad xx

Alright em! Woo on the 5lber! Amazing loss right there. You have your head well screwed on at the minute and its giving me motivation so cheers m'dears! How you doing? Xxx

Hello you :) welcome back.
I'm all good thanks, back in the SW zone and heading on down. Got a friends birthday coming up Saturday and they're wanting to go to an American style diner so not sure how to get out of eating there! Haha hopefully they won't mind if I just sit there with a cocktail for my dinner ;)
You're looking fantastic, you've been motivating me too, we are so close now - you more than me - its all been worthwhile xx

With you doig your 30DS and Jo doing her fitness camp, I'm feeling rather lethargic in comparison!
Great news on the progress towards the wedding target...you'll smash it at this rate!
I saw the full outfit on FB and you look stunning!!! :) xxx

Thank you :)
I have no idea where this sudden lack of loving exercise came from haha, I go through phases, I find it easier when I have something to aim for, currently my brothers wedding and my holiday is giving me full motivation :D xxx

Food post :) green day today.

B- overnight oats (28g porridge (HEB), vanilla mullerlight, cinnamon & nana). Cup of tea x2 (1).

L- lettuce, cucumber, tomato, pepper & cottage cheese.

T- tomato mugshot with spinach & added tomatoes topped with 3 babybel light (HEA).

Syns: 1
Weights:
30DS: Day 11 done - moved onto level 2 and loved it :D

Last edited:
Feeling a bit emotional tonight, wierdly enough it's due to people getting at me for being healthy and trying to eat the right food.

I stayed at my Mum's over the weekend, now seeing as I've followed SW since January 2010 I've been doing it a fair while now, I originally borrowed the books from my Mum so she's knows about it and she knows the principles, however when I stay there she makes a huge point about how I won't eat what she cooks. For example this weekend, on Saturday I rang her to find out what she was making for dinner to work out if I needed to take my own, which I'm more than happy to do and don't have any issue with doing it and she told me she was making a fish pie. Fair enough but then she told me what she was putting into it and I really didn't fancy it, I had planned my day out and I was going to follow a green day so told her I was going to bring some food, so of course when I got there all she did was moan at me (& to the rest of my family) about how I was so difficult and why couldn't I just eat what she was cooking. My main reasons for not eating her cooking is because she add's lots of hidden extras into food such as lots of butter in the mashed potato, full fat cheese on the top of the pie, packet sauces which she makes with milk etc etc. I don't think I'm being difficult, I don't ask her to cook the food I bring, I cook it all myself alongside when she is cooking so we can all eat together. This weekend isn't the first time this has happened, the last time she made a lasagne (with full fat cheese, white sauce, normal mince etc) so I didn't eat that either, so she's gone on about it so much that now my OH has also started on at me, saying how I'm being difficult. Personally I can't see how it's being difficult, I think they'll find it's being healthy and trying to make my body more healthier. After every meal they then tuck into some kind of pudding so if you don't want any you get asked constantly why, try some, have some, go on, oh ***** leave me alone I don't want pudding. It's been getting me down.

Today me and a friend have had a disagreement over text, it might be me being a bit hormonal and maybe I read her text wrong but basically we are going out for my best friends birthday on Saturday. We are going on a bit of a crawl around Covent Garden for some drinks and now they're talking about getting food whilst we are out. Fine, I'm quite happy going out but not eating, I do it quite often. My best friend is also eating healthily and she understands the reasons why I'm doing it but this other friend of mine sent me a bit of a stroppy text saying 'they must do some semi healthy food, would it kill you to eat out once? it's her birthday and that's what she wants to do'. Sorry but if I don't want to eat in an American diner then I'm not going to eat, end of. I checked out the menu and the only healthy thing they do is a side salad for £2, so I could eat that it's not a problem but I would eat at home to make sure I get a decent meal and not just a slice of tomato and a sprig of lettuce. I don't see why people seem to want to get me down and be like that, surely if I don't want to eat out it's not a problem? I can still go and sit whilst they're eating, I can have some drinks, it doesn't bother me at all, but seems to bother her, for what reason I don't know?

I just find the above two situations so difficult, where is the support to want to try and be healthy and be the right weight and size for my frame. Eating out once isn't a problem usually, but it's so close to my brothers wedding/holiday that I want to try and be 100% wherever possible. I'm going to be consuming a few cocktails/beers that evening so it's not like I'm going to be 100% already, I don't want to ruin it further by putting a lot of greasy food in my body too.

Meh :( horrible day.

Back