Missing breakfast?

izzay

I know that having breakfast on this plan in really important and I do my best every morning to have something, although sometimes its just a banana.
But tomorrow I have to go to hospital and I cant eat anything from midnight tonight. And I may not even get into surgery before lunch so it could be mid afternoon before I can eat anything :(
Whats the best sort to thing to eat after a long gap? Im thinking of taking a fruit salad in with me, just dont want my body to go into grab every calorie mode with not eating for that long :(
I've had a really bad week so far :( had 46 syns after weigh in last Wednesday, had a subway on Friday (within syns but not enough super free) and had a roast out on Sunday and some cake (although had no roasties but did have roasted veg as all they had)
I really cant afford anymore chance to put on weight this week :(
I was really hoping for a 1lb weight loss to get my stone but I think those chances are gone :(

They're necessary gone, i was off plan nearly a week and still lost a 1lb. So you still have a chance. I'd say take whatever you feel best about eating, if you'd prefer to take fruit salad take fruit salad, if you want a sandwich take that.

I had tests the other week which meant I had to fast from midnight till my appoinment at 11.20am and to be honest the whole time was so stressful that I was not worried about food in the least. I had some fruit and a cup of tea in the afternoon and that saw me through to the evening. You will be fine having whatever you fancy to eat I am sure x

I am going to shout at you now in a well-meaning sort of way. Forget trying to get a loss this week, your health is more important. Eat what you feel like and still stay on plan, but don't go nuts obsessing over what to eat to get a loss. One week in the grand scheme of things is NOTHING - you are doing this for the long-term, I assume, so think long-term and just do what you have to this week to get through it.

I speak from experience as I'm doing Slimming World while going through chemotherapy and some weeks I just can't eat what I think I should be, so I've learned to listen to my body, give it what it wants, then climb right back on the wagon when I'm better.

Back