• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Missing carbs? ive discovered......

chocaslim

adores posting
S: 10st4.0lb C: 9st11.5lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 23.6 Loss: 0st6.5lb(4.51%)
Hi sorry if this is in the wrong place

ive just discovered beansprouts they are a fantastic replacement for carbs ive had bolengnaise on top of the beansprouts instead of spaghetti and they were lovely a couple of handfuls cooked in frylite and i was very satisfied after my meal great if you doing a red day x.

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
S: 18st7lb C: 12st11.5lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 31.8 Loss: 5st9.5lb(30.69%)
Grated cauliflower instead of rice is also a tasty superfree substitute. Great with curry

Lucky7

Gold Member
S: 10st4lb C: 10st4lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 27.2 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Thanks - have had cauliflower rice before (made me very windy) but had never thought of beansprouts instead of spaghetti. Fantastic idea!

jaylou

Gold Member
For me, there's no substitute.
Great that it works for you, but how can a 50 calorie (for example) bag of beansprouts fill you up the same as a good portion of pasta?
The only thing that works for me as a substitute is butternut squash. If I ever do red days I use these as my potato substitute and I've had it mashed with bolognaise too.

S: 10st8lb
Roasted butternut squash is my favourite food at the moment! Can't get enough of it.

mandy296

Silver Member
S: 12st12lb C: 9st11lb G: 9st3.5lb BMI: 23.5 Loss: 3st1lb(23.89%)
I'm with Jaylou on this one, beansprouts are nice, but for me they are a salad or stirfry ingredient - no way can they be filling enough for me to replace pasta.

My only superfree replacement that works is roasted or mashed butternut squash for spuds. Although now I've bought a ricer I'm definitely going to be trying the cauliflower rice idea I've heard so much about.

Used my ricer for the first time last night to make potato/sweet potato mash topping for a chicken pie - very nice. You have to make sure your spuds are well boiled though or it can be quite a struggle to push it through.