Missing carbs? ive discovered......

chocaslim

adores posting
Hi sorry if this is in the wrong place

ive just discovered beansprouts they are a fantastic replacement for carbs ive had bolengnaise on top of the beansprouts instead of spaghetti and they were lovely a couple of handfuls cooked in frylite and i was very satisfied after my meal great if you doing a red day x.

Steamed cabbage or French beans are a great alternative too.

Thanks - have had cauliflower rice before (made me very windy) but had never thought of beansprouts instead of spaghetti. Fantastic idea!

For me, there's no substitute.
Great that it works for you, but how can a 50 calorie (for example) bag of beansprouts fill you up the same as a good portion of pasta?
The only thing that works for me as a substitute is butternut squash. If I ever do red days I use these as my potato substitute and I've had it mashed with bolognaise too.

Roasted butternut squash is my favourite food at the moment! Can't get enough of it.

I'm with Jaylou on this one, beansprouts are nice, but for me they are a salad or stirfry ingredient - no way can they be filling enough for me to replace pasta.

My only superfree replacement that works is roasted or mashed butternut squash for spuds. Although now I've bought a ricer I'm definitely going to be trying the cauliflower rice idea I've heard so much about.

Used my ricer for the first time last night to make potato/sweet potato mash topping for a chicken pie - very nice. You have to make sure your spuds are well boiled though or it can be quite a struggle to push it through.

Back