Missing food

JoannaS

Ones anyone else miss it. I'm only on day 2 and I miss it so much. I miss the meal ideas, preparing, eating and the satisfaction feeling you have after.

I don't miss the bloated feeling ;) and I tell myself that when I am slim all that food will still be there. Things will get better once ketosis kicks in...honest. Keep busy in the early days and once you get weighed it will all be worth it.

Just finished day 3 today, day 4 tomorrow and honestly, I don't miss food. I find the chocolate and strawberry delicious with lots of ice. No headache today either. It's a pleasure not to cook for a change. Must keep going.

I'm at the end of week 4 and yes I miss it.
I cooked for 5 today and it was hard.

BUT - I'm getting thinner.

Hi and.. am on day eight n Ohhh m I missing food. Nearly had takeaway Yday and did have a big bowl of carbs the day before. I can promise you Tht feeling of shittiness is soooo worth not eating again. I was so hungry Yday I cried!!! In times of stress, as I read in another post u r currently (tell ur daughter how she makes u feel, if u can't say it write it. It's about time she realised n treated u with the respect u deserve) our brains instantly want food, so if u can get through this period hun u can get through any. Chin up xxxxxx

Reactions: and
Hi Joanna...i'm on day 9 and I really miss food and the satisfaction....but then the guilt kicks in and i hate myself for eating what i did and feel sick and bloated!!!
I miss food but i'm loving being on LT more and the satisfaction of knowing I was 100% and in control out weighs any meal for me at the moment! I love this feeling on this! Day 2 and 3 are definately a struggle but you somehow get in the zone and want to stay in control! Stick with it, it does get better! Sorry for the lecture but i feel great today...(and yesterday) lol Good Luck....we are all here for you x

I think I miss the actual act of eating, well I have done rather a lot of it over the last 45 years.;) That said, am feeling good today, just had first shake of the day, about to collect 3 of the children who finish school at lunchtime, then having my hair done, then OH and all the children are going away for a couple of days. Double edged sword, I wont therefore have to cook meals, snacks, etc but I am having some girlfriends over tomorrow night. Have told them I am not cooking a big meal like usual, but am doing nibbly things as I though tthat way it would be easier for me not to eat. Have included some protein things so if I do give in at least it wont be too bad. If I drink, I will only drink g&t slimline as no carbs there either!:cool:

Me too me too. I miss chewing but I think I miss the variety of tastes even more. I get weighed 2mrw so that will give me a buzz. I think I will pick up some cardboard....oops I mean flapjacks or whatever they are called. Mmmmm

Hi Guys, I found re-watching the Lipotrim video on their site really helpfull, it explains why its so important never to pick at anything and how important the ketosis is to keep us from feeling hungry or uncomfortable. It really helped me focus. Last time I did L.T I went on all the family parties and get togethers coz I did miss the social aspect of eating but I was fine just sitting with my water it was more important to be there and I still enjoyed myself.

Hi, where can I find the video/DVD please for LT? Do the soups and flapjacks make an appearance in week 2? I don't feel bloated/stuffed/even hungry. I keep trying to picture a leaner me - and am already worrying about maintenance. We're on holiday in May to warmer places - will speak to the Nurse about my options next week as I want my goal weight of 10 stone in 3 month's time and keen to remain disciplined.

You can have soup in week 1.
I'd say it's an aquired taste though! I make it into crisps - you're not really meant to but it's the only way I can stomach it and it's only 1-2x a week.

Flapjacks from week 2 if you want - but beware I think most people think they're the most revolting thing ever!

Oh and your chemist should have lent you the video before you started. They should have a copy.

I've not touched any, I think it was more a formal social thing we did. No we don't know what to do with ourselves and are in bed for 9:30pm

Any food that is! Thank you for your replays, I'm struggling with the shakes I only kind of like the vanilla. Will try the 'minging' flapjacks and soup next week.

Loopy - mix packet of soup into thickish paste with fizzy water.
Put small blobs on greaseproof paper and microwave for 1-2 mins... This time will depend on your microwave and how many blobs you have, how thick the paste is too etc. So watch it!
Sometimes mine take a bit longer.

When they go golden browny colour take them out. Let them cool a bit and peel off- you have sorta crisps...

Don't expect it to be haute cuisine though!

3 batches to cook a whole packet (only fit 1/3 of the mix in my microwave at once).

Loopy - mix packet of soup into thickish paste with fizzy water.
Put small blobs on greaseproof paper and microwave for 1-2 mins... This time will depend on your microwave and how many blobs you have, how thick the paste is too etc. So watch it!
Sometimes mine take a bit longer.

When they go golden browny colour take them out. Let them cool a bit and peel off- you have sorta crisps...

Don't expect it to be haute cuisine though!

3 batches to cook a whole packet (only fit 1/3 of the mix in my microwave at once).

^^ I'm not quite sure I fancy that but my hat goes off to you for ingenuity. Nice one!

Wasn't my ingenuity i'm afraid - was from the LT recipe thread.
I've posted a pic somewhere. :)

Back