Missing Meals

MichelleT

Does it slow down your weight loss if you miss meals? I am finding it really difficult to fit 3 meals in on some days, but am stuffing it in in case it harms my weight loss!!

Am having a 2 egg omelette with cheese and cream for breakfast, then maybe 1 or 2 salmon fillets for lunch, a small meal for evening, some meat with a little greens. Would it hurt if I cut out the salmon?

Ooooh i'd stick with the salmon, plenty of good fats there. Missing meals happens. I set an alarm on my phone to remind me its food time :D

Personally I don't find it slows me down if I miss a meal. Possibly the opposite, as long as it doesn't happen too often. I certainly wouldn't feel like you *have* to eat, even if you're not hungry.

I'm not sure if it is ok or not...the Atkins book says not to go beyong something like 6 hours between eating and I try to stick to that, even if I don't feel hungry. Maybe try smaller portion? I had a fried egg and tomato one day for lunch because I just didn't think I could eat and it was lovely : )

See what works best for you, good luck with finding your balance.

hugs

xx

Hi, I'm new on here. I have found that after a few days I have hardly any appetite. I have to make myself eat a little if it's been awhile or I get sick feeling. Also, I would say don't wait until you get really hungry, because when if I wait too long I'm so hungry I would yank a chicken leg away from a dog!

The book (and site) does say that you should only eat when you're hungry, but not to go more that 6 waking hours without eating. So I guess if you're not hungry, but it's been a while since your last meal, just have a light snack. I don't think you should force feed yourself if you don't want a whole meal.

Back