Missing period on CD SS?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by emmie86, 17 March 2009 Social URL.

1. emmie86

emmie86 Angelic Fruitcake

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(19.58%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi all well my TOTM is usually more accurate then Big Ben and so should of started on Friday but it has vanished. In my first month on CD it arrived as usual I'm in my second month now and no sign of it anywhere. I have not been stressed and there is no way I can be pregnant unless imaculate conception really exsists. So I can only sumise that it is something to do with the diet. Has anyone else missed a period while on SS? Is it normal and is it healthy? I would be grateful for any help xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. wannabslim

wannabslim Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.61%)
    Diet:
    I'm not dieting, I'm on the pregnancy diet!
    Hey hun, I'll swap ya - mine is usually regular as clockwork, even on CD, but for some reason it's currently all over the place! Would give anything to get rid lol

Don't worry, it's quite normal for there to be abnormalities in TOTM when on CD. Something to do with oestrogen levels :) it will go back to normal sometimes while on CD, always when you come off xx

4. Serena A

Serena A Can't think of a title

Start Weight:
    14st12lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st0lb(40.38%)
    Diet:
    Maintaining, was on CD
    Hi

Yes, totm being affected by CD does happen to a lot of people...I can't remember why but didn't want to read and run. i vaguely remember something to do with fat cells storing oestrogen so when we shed them rapidly it can play havoc and can also make you more fertile for a while! Or something...:D

5. haggard_hannah

haggard_hannah Proud to be a Loser!

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hi, I've been on CD for 2 months and haven't had a period in that time. Definitely something to do with Ketosis, but should balance itself out soonish xx

6. Katycakes

Katycakes Stubborn tortoise

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.97%)
    Diet:
    Unsure
    Same... no periods for two months, then two in three weeks!!!! Weird. It is something to do with hormones being released from our fat stores, eek.
    xxx

7. majic1982

majic1982 Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Happened to me the first time I did the diet. I read it was something about conserving energy too. It's fairly normal I think :)

8. emmie86

emmie86 Angelic Fruitcake

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(19.58%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    thanks all made me feel less weird lol I was just worried weather it was healthy for the body but as so many f you have experienced it I guess it's not harmful. Once again thanks for the help xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.