Total Solution Missing wine!

silverladybird

Don't want to sound like a raging alcoholic, but I am missing wine!!! - The Exante shakes/soups/bars are filling me up, I am drinking loads of water (out of a wine glass!!) but really need to find something else to drink. I don't like the Exante water flavourings or Coke. Any suggestions please?:cry:

Its tough - but I was drinking too much too. It has a really bad effect on your blood sugar levels - it makes you more hungry and then you find yourself eating those salty nibbles and before you know it - its another 500 calories consumed.

A glass of wine is like drinking a glass of sugar - and you probably would not do that. Its an amazingly effective and legal drug that helps you relax, that's why so many people drink too much. No-one really understand a unit and more people are having liver disease as well as obesity.

So if you want to lose weight and do Exante then you have to stop drinking and find another way to 'come down' after a stressful day. Find another way to relax - and find another way to feel comfortable in social situations - which is when wine really helps. Warm baths work for me for the relax bit and nothing makes you super confident in social settings like being slim.
So - it usually takes at least two weeks to change a well established habit - so just see if you can manage two weeks without wine. Then if you have succeeded for two weeks - try another week. Then you will probably have cracked it.

I was a regular (every night) two glasses of red wine - I have not drunk anything since March 7 2011 - I miss it a bit, but less and less. The reward of being a size 12 /14 more than compensates.

So I hope this helps a bit. Good luck

GSQ

Its tough - but I was drinking too much too. It has a really bad effect on your blood sugar levels - it makes you more hungry and then you find yourself eating those salty nibbles and before you know it - its another 500 calories consumed.

A glass of wine is like drinking a glass of sugar - and you probably would not do that. Its an amazingly effective and legal drug that helps you relax, that's why so many people drink too much. No-one really understand a unit and more people are having liver disease as well as obesity.

So if you want to lose weight and do Exante then you have to stop drinking and find another way to 'come down' after a stressful day. Find another way to relax - and find another way to feel comfortable in social situations - which is when wine really helps. Warm baths work for me for the relax bit and nothing makes you super confident in social settings like being slim.
So - it usually takes at least two weeks to change a well established habit - so just see if you can manage two weeks without wine. Then if you have succeeded for two weeks - try another week. Then you will probably have cracked it.

I was a regular (every night) two glasses of red wine - I have not drunk anything since March 7 2011 - I miss it a bit, but less and less. The reward of being a size 12 /14 more than compensates.

So I hope this helps a bit. Good luck

GSQ

Very well said

Very well said GSQ.

A while back there was an advertising campaign, about the dangers of drinking.
It was comparing a standard glass of wine to a donut, or a portion of fast food fries, calorie wise.
There are 6 standard glasses of wine in a normal bottle of wine.
Before, I wouldn't think twice about drinking a bottle of wine a 2 or so times a week.
But I would never ever have eaten 6 donuts, or 6 portions of fries in the same night, ever...let alone a few times a week.

It makes you think. :)

Thanks

A can of Dr Pepper Zero served in a wine glass after soup is really good.

Also why not try green tea, it's an acquired taste but is a refreshing change from more water. Some people here drink bullion - I am not keen but may be in the winter.

GSQ

Hey silverladybird
I know how you feel I am not a fan of coke either, I do miss my wine and I for one will definitely be having the occasional glass or two when I finish but for now I am making do with tesco still apple water :S

"Find another way to relax - and find another way to feel comfortable in social situations - which is when wine really helps. Warm baths work for me..."

Your social situations sound fun. But I'd need a hell of a lot of wine before I had a bath in public:)

Seriously, I thought I'd miss booze more than food. Strange how you get used to not drinking after a while. If I drink now it's a special occasion and it doesn't take much to make me feel light-headed. I've become a cheap date.

Trying lots of different teas: mint, redbush, etc has helped in the evenings.

xxx

Plenty of whining on here to satisfy your hunger!! :D

Hi Silverlady, I'm a sussex person too! Good luck on your journey, think of all the money you are saving from not buying any wine!

"Find another way to relax - and find another way to feel comfortable in social situations - which is when wine really helps. Warm baths work for me..."

Your social situations sound fun. But I'd need a hell of a lot of wine before I had a bath in public:)

Seriously, I thought I'd miss booze more than food. Strange how you get used to not drinking after a while. If I drink now it's a special occasion and it doesn't take much to make me feel light-headed. I've become a cheap date.

Trying lots of different teas: mint, redbush, etc has helped in the evenings.

xxx

I think you misquoted me
What I actually wrote was - Find another way to relax - and find another way to feel comfortable in social situations - which is when wine really helps. Warm baths work for me for the relax bit and nothing makes you super confident in social settings like being slim.

GSQ

I think the misquote was intended ;)

Made me giggle so I hope it was lol

Anyway - I was a Friday/Saturday night wine drinker but I think it was more habit than enjoyment. Even though I'm not managing to stick to my diet very well, I haven't even thought about wine - for some reason I think about someone had said it was like a glass of sugar and I haven't touched it.

Wish I could imagine the same for food and be able to stick to Exante.

Wow I never realised wine was that bed! I start tomorrow and I think I will be missing wine too. I like a cheeky glass after the little one's in bed. Keep thinking of the lbs you are losing.

Great post GSQ! Although I also like Lumpy's interpretation of it... maybe when we all get to goal having a warm bath in public will seem like a great night out! :D
Personally I used to rely on wine far too much to relax in the evening, and even after 9 months of pregnancy and 6 months of breastfeeding found myself slipping back into the glass a night all too easily! Have only drunk once since starting Exante though and it did not feel good, so hopefully after this final stint of abstinence I'll be able to knock it on the head forever!
Its definitely just a habit - I used to smoke too and for years couldn't imagine going without a cigerette in stressful times... now if I tried it I'd just feel sick as well as stressed!
I too used to really miss the flavour of wine and having something to drink in the evening, as I don't really like sweet drinks. I've found over the weeks though that I've lost the urge to drink just for the sake of it, the same way I've got used to not eating just to fill the time. Actually its a struggle at the moment just to get my pints of water in, without having time to think about what else I could drink!
So, Silverladybird, no suggestions at all but a few early morning ramblings to add to the mix! HTH ;)

Back