Mission Impossible???

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hankypants, 7 August 2006 Social URL.

1. hankypants

hankypants Full Member

All my friends, family etc are asking what i want for my 40th on 22nd.:)

I can't think of anything at all :confused: !

Seriously! :(

Those of you who know me know how much i love my jewellery but i figured i'd just get some in mexico, so that's sort of out. Also I have quite specific tastes don't you think :rolleyes: so it may be tricky for friends to buy for me.

Someone else mentioned smellies but I'm allergic to a few, dont' do baths only showers and sort of stick to the things i know and like so dont' really want any of that.

I'm not very girly. Not very into ornamenty stuff.

What else is there???

Ideas girls please (and boys too if you can think of good stuff) of things I may like but don't realise I may like it and if I did realise it I wouldn't buy it as it's not the sort of stuff I'd buy for myself.

Ok??

Got that...your mission....I repeat...if you chose to accept it is to give me ideas of.....THINGS I MAY LIKE BUT DON'T REALISE I MAY LIKE IT AND IF I DID REALISE IT I WOULDN'T BUY IT AS IT'S NOT THE SORT OF STUFF I'D BUY FOR MYSELF.

on your marks...get set...go

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. chicken on a mission

chicken on a mission Restarting to lose 4stone

Diet:
    LighterLife then CD
    I don't want people to buy me 'things' I want people to buy me 'experiences. :)

So days out etc I love and the memories will last forever. My last lot of birthday money I have saved and will be booking a flying lesson for when I get to my goal weight. :D

What rings your bell?

4. hankypants

hankypants Full Member

Good idea but I don't want people to spend a lot of money and while I could put it all together to do something I'd feel bad asking for money instead of a little gift (to be honest I don't really want them to buy me anything but if they're going to I'd rather they didn't waste their money on giving me something that won't get used). If i asked for money or vouchers those that really don't have any to spare may feel obliged to give too much.

I don't know what rings my bell really. That's my trouble. I'm a pain in the arse who'd be happy with nothing but who everyone feels they have to buy for. :(

5. jfc

jfc Full Member

Ok well what about 40 days out....a little book of days out tokens and Promises...eg, take you for a meal at your fave restaurant, take you to your fave place., hairdresser for a special hairstyle, beauty treatment, trip on boat...etc etc...

6. jfc

jfc Full Member

omg...cross posted...what a strange coincidence

7. hankypants

hankypants Full Member

this is good - but keep them coming guys please

hey JFC where are you going in cyprus

8. Brad0053

Brad0053 Silver Member

I went to Vegas with Mrs Brad and NO kids for my 40th. It was bloody fantastic.

Mrs Brad wants the same for when she is 40, alas 4 years away - don't want to wish her life away or anything - but I can't wait

9. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(9.13%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well you can never go wrong with a bit of pampering, so if a couple of your friends went together they could get you a voucher for a massage or you all go off for a girlie weekend... great fun, paint ball games... http://www.undersiegepaintball.com/

Love Mini xxx

10. hankypants

hankypants Full Member

Hi Brad - thanks - our holiday to mexcico and madrid is our present to each other (although Jim is also going away for a golf weekend in sept and I'm going to champneys in Jan as part of our presents too).

Hi Mini - would ask for pampery stuff only I'm already getting about 6 I think and have also booked myself some treatments in cancun.

keep thinking

anything that i can ask for that i will still have in another 40 years (other than memories)?

11. hankypants

hankypants Full Member

:eek: :eek: any more ideas you lot?

12. Diva

Diva Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Hanks - I've gotta admit this is a toughie!!! I would've automatically said jewellery but then I reckon I'm probably the only person that could buy your jewellery because we have the same unique taste!!! ;)

How about a new rucksack!!! :p

13. hankypants

hankypants Full Member

to put all my jewellery in??? :D

14. Diva

Diva Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Exactly!!!! LMAO :D :D

15. hankypants

hankypants Full Member

grrr come on you lot - i need more than this - time is running out and i don't want just any old rubbish you know :p :p :p

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.