**Mission: Mummy tummy**

little*red

Don't worry, be happy :)
I've decided to start this new diary to get me back on track. So far i've lost just over 40lbs since 1st July 2008, and still hoping to lose about another stone.
Now i'm nearing target I want to start to really toned up. Like a lot of mums i have a flabbly mummy tummy from having my girls in 2007 & 2008
I have been doing exercise throughout the year so my fitness levels have been built up a little, unfortunatley i stopped at the start of April when my daughter had an accident and was in hospital for 5 days, and i just never got back into the routine.
This time i'm going to start 'eating clean' i.e eating no processesd foods, sweetners or caffeine. Hopefully this should give me the really tight toned look i'm after.
This time i'm using this diary as pressure to keep me in check as i will post pictures to shame myself into improving (you have been warned! ;)).

So feel free to join me on my journey to yummy mummy.

Last edited:
Edit: ok this was a big long post about me starting a juice detox today but i lasted all of one day and couldn't handle it! :p
When it comes down to it i know the best way for me to achieve any of my goals is to eat clean and exercise hard.
no two ways about it, its got to be hard work and dedication for me to get that flat stomach. sooo The plan is to have a huge blow out last pizza dinner on tuesday night then starting wednesday its clean eating all the way. I'll be aiming for 100% but as i'm still learning then I'm expecting a few slips alone the way until i get the hang of it.
my first main aim is to go for 21 days with no cheat days simply to form the habit of healthy eating and exercise. I've done it before i'll do it again. :D

Last edited:
today was my first day back on the wagon, i feel like i've eaten loads today but still felt really hungry and sooo tired.
I did 30 minutes of the Jillian Micheals 30 day fat shred, so at least i'm starting to get back on the exercise wagon.

Breakfast
pepper & broccoli omlette
1/2 fresh pineapple

Lunch
3 ryvita
1/2 can tuna mixed with low fat onion and herb cheese

Dinner
Chilli (peppers, courgette, onion, mixed beans, tinned toms)

Snacks
2 tsps pnut butter
orange
pear
1/2 apple
1 ryvita with salsa
tbsp cottage cheese

Your food sounds nice, good luck :) Are you craving anything? Or is it quite easy to stick to so far?

Hey Maria,
I not really craving anything in particular but I know once i start to eat junk its a slippery slope to binging which I need to break the habit of. Trying really hard to stay away from coffee and sweetners aswell.

Forgot to put up yesterdays menu

Breakfast
branflakes
skimmed milk
1/2 fresh pineapple

Lunch
homemade lentil soup (carrots, onion, lentil & stock)

Dinner
Chicken fajitas
3 wholewheat tortillas

Snacks
2 tsps peanut butter
orange
pear
apple
3 tbsp natural yoghurt
1 homemade mini apple pie

Wotcha little*red!

Ace job on losing that 40lbs so far! You've got about the same amout to lose as me before goal weight :)

The food's all looking wicked! Definitely for the best that the juice detox didn't hit off, it's not really healthy or realistic to fast on just liquid for the day. Far better you just eat healthily :)

You homemake a lot of really nice things, are the mini apple pies low fat? Can I have the recipe? :D

Bron

hey bronski, thanks for dropping by, unfortunatley the apple pies were far from low fat, made from butter, white flour, sugar etc :D.

had a really rubbish weekend, went off track again on friday and have let it all go this weekend.
However tommorrow is a new day so i'm wiping the slate clean by starting again and trying to eat clean and doing 6 days of exercise (mixture of weights & cardio).
It will be the first day of my 120 day challange, because i'll be starting uni at the end the end of those 120 days and want to look my best.
Promise this time i'll post all my stats and pictures aswell to show where i'm starting from.

Ah well, if the apple pies had been low fat, they wouldn't have been near as good :D

Weekends suck, sorry it wasn't so good for you. But like you said, back on the wagon monday :) Good ol' monday!

Oh wicked, which uni are you going to? You'll love uni life, it is the best! Miss being a student loads, I'm quite jealous you're starting ;) Hehe!

Btw. I really appreciate that you're going the straight healthy eating method too. It's nice to have that freedom :)

Bron

Day 1

Hey bron, i'll be going to Dundee uni to do midwifery. Will be a bit different for me now I have the girls i.e no student night piss ups :D. Luckily i'm tee total now and i've already been to uni before so its sort of a been there done that scenario, so won't feel too deprived!

I'm firmly back on the wagon today and i've weighed in and taken my measurments, so here are my official stats as of Day 1

Weight: 119.4lbs
Bust: 35.5"
Waist: 26.5"
Hips: 35.5"
Upper thigh: 20.5"
Lower thigh: 16.5"
Knee:14"
calf: 14"
ankle: 9"
Upper arm: 10"
Body Fat: 28%
Lean mass: 86lb
Waist hip ratio: 0.74

I'll get my photos uploaded later on, so you have been warned :p.

As promised here are my starting photos. Don't worry i do have a face, just wanted to pixelate it incase some weirdo wants to steal my picture , you can see my mug in my avatar if your that nosey :p.
Can't believe i'm putting these up as the tummy ones are especially horrible! It will be my motivation to improve by the time i take the next ones.
Oh and try to ignore my strechmarks aswell, kids never leave things the way they find them :D.

Attachments

• Day1side.jpg
    Day1side.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 77
  • Day1front.jpg
    Day1front.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 68
  • Day1bellyside.jpg
    Day1bellyside.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 87
  • Day1bellyfront.jpg
    Day1bellyfront.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 113
Yay for piccies!! Aww you already have a very lovely tummy :) I'm sure you'll be happy with it too once those pesky 9lbs have gone. Thank you for sharing :)

An ace looking weigh in too, a good start to the diary, me thinks!

Hehe, fair point about the uni nights! Having wee ones and being tee total shouldn't stop you from having the odd night out to let your hair down. I have way more fun sober. A way cheaper night too!

Oo, midwifery! It's an incredible field to work it, you'll be helping to bring new lives into the world, how exciting! Good luck, I'm sure you'll do fantastic!

Bron

Just sitting munching my porridge this morning and forgot I hadn't posted about my first day.

Well nothing much to report really it all went swimmingly

Breakfast
branflakes
skimmed milk

Lunch
2 egg broccoli omlette

Dinner
chilli (courgette, peppers, kidney beans, tinned toms, onion)

Snacks
grapes
orange
pear
apple
banana
diet coke

Water: 4 pints
Exercise: 40 minutes - Chest, back & abs resistance training
20 minute walk pushing double pram

Oh am i feeling that workout today! taking the girls swimming this morning then the little one has her MMR injection in the afternoon, so i'm preparing myself for the little tears.

Day 2

A rather quick post because i'm about to fall asleep whilst typing.
Took the girls swimming today, they loved it, and then Lo was taken to get her injections, which was horrible as she was so innocent and unsuspecting, although a little ruskit biscuit helped to dry those tears and she was off to sleep as soon as she was put back in her carseat.
So we then went to the park to try and tire them out some more, but i think i was more knackered than them by that point!

Breakfast
porridge
skimmed milk

Lunch
boots shapers sweet chilli chicken wrap (yum!)
boots shapers yoghurt

Dinner
cajun chicken breast
Roasted veg cous cous(courgette, peppers, red onion)

Snacks
grapes
apple
banana
4tsp peanut butter
boots cloudy lemonade

No proper exercise done today but moved more than usual so not to bad.

ok i'm off to bed to catch some zzz's, argh i hate being up early, i'm so not a morning person. x

Aww bless your little one having her MMR :( At least she was easily molified by the sound of it. And yays for swimming! Love pool time :D

Well done on a wicked day! The Boots shapers range is fantastic, so much variety and so good!

Stay cool!

Bron

Day 3

i'm always so tired by the end of the day i keep forgetting to come back on and write down how my day went.

Breakfast
banana smoothie (with milk & yoghurt)

Lunch
quorn salad with salsa

Dinner
Spicy chicken (courgette, peppers, kidney beans, tinned toms, onion)

Snacks
apple
banana
tbs peanut butter
2 slices lemon fingers :eek:

Exercise: 50 minutes - Legs & abs

Ok so the lesson of today was to stop putting myslef in dangerous situations. Otherwise known as 'do not start to bake yummy cakes when your on your own as you'll scoff them'. I still can't seem to shake this boredom/emotional evening binging which happens every so often if hubby is working lates or we've had a row. Although i've put a reign on it by eating lots of good foods like fruit, but occasionally those naughty foods sneak in, but baby steps will get me there.

Ooooooo I so understand the baking! I am a slave to the spoon :D I don't even need to wait for it to be cooked before I eat bakes! Hehe!

Rest of the day was wicked though, so I wouldn't sweat it.

The binge/evening eating is such a hard habit to kick. If your hubby's working and the kids are in bed, then use it as your time to go through diaries and update yours on here. Depends how keen a web surfer you are though, I live and breath through my laptop! Alternatively, getting into a book or taking up a cheap hobby like creative writing or origami will keep you busier on a night until hubs is home.

Bron

Back