Mission Possible

Day 24 and not much to report. Probably didn't drink enough water yesterday as I was out and about but will make up for that today.

Just plodding along nicely. Can see the difference in my body which is nice as I usually just see the same old blob staring back at me. Need to remind myself that yes, I've lost weight, BUT I am still overweight and have plenty more to lose. Struggling for winter clothes so might pick up a few cheap bits in the shops today to tide me over until my whole new wardrobe shopping fest! Definitely feeling the cold more on this diet, brrr!

Didn't make it to kickboxing last night. My friend was sick and I was knackered so when she couldn't make it, I jumped at the opportunity to have a hot bath, catch up with my mum and watch some Breaking Bad. Have been busy on Pinterest too, pinning lots of healthy recipes for my return to food. Luckily the weather dried up here so I got dog and baby out for a long walk.

Won't say I'm finding it easy yet but it's definitely easiER. I still crave food but not as much. And I'm getting good at avoiding food in social situations. Just need to keep this up in the future!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Glad you finding it a but easier. I can imagine avoiding food is hard. Is the theory that you learn to break bad habits too. Do you think that's happening?

hannahsmumwillshrink said:
Glad you finding it a but easier. I can imagine avoiding food is hard. Is the theory that you learn to break bad habits too. Do you think that's happening?

I think there are two aims- obviously to lose weight as quickly as possible by maximising your calorie deficit (while still obtaining your daily nutrient requirements!) and also yes, to break bad habits and retrain your palate. I have a completely sweet tooth usually but all I'm really missing is savoury foods. I'm hoping to stay away from chocolate and sweets when I return to food so that I don't remind myself how yummy they are ;) I suppose I've also learned that I don't have to eat just because there is food in front of me, say when my daughter leaves food on her plate, or when someone puts down a plate of biscuits with coffee.

Day 25. Hmmph. My scales are stuck at 11st1.8lb. Would really love to get into the 10s by weigh-in on Monday but it doesn't seem to be heading in that direction any time soon. Bit frustrating and disheartening but have to soldier on and not stuff my face like I would when fed up on previous diets. Will up my water intake yet again today and hope that makes a difference.

No big plans for today or the weekend besides some family time. Weekends are definitely the toughest as they used to revolve around food. Now they revolve around me dreaming about food.

Bought a nice cosy wooly jumper on sale in H&M yesterday so hoping that will keep me warm while I'm still in Ketosis. Other than that there was no point going mad in the shops because I want to wait until I'm at target (if I ever get there at the rate I'm going...!) I went shopping feeling quite slim in jeans and a top that had been tight on me. Then I caught a glimpse of my bum/thighs/saddle bags in a changing room mirror and my heart sank. I still have a long way to go!

I have it in my head that I will finish TFR on 8th October and begin refeeding on the 9th. I just really need an end in sight. However, I haven't got anything coming up that I need to refeed for, so maybe one more week won't kill me?! Is it better to stay on one more week and lose a few pounds, than to join WW and take twice as long (at least) to lose them? I'd rather stay on it now while I'm in the ketosis zone, rather than feel that I have to go back on again in the future. Oh I don't know, just rambling out loud here really. Can I really go 6 weeks without food? Probably. I've done almost 4 already. What's another 2 weeks in the grand scheme of things?

Sorry, it's Friday and I should be cheerful and this diary entry is bloody glum! I'm not really in a bad mood, just wishing I was thinner! X

You are sounding a bit fed up of it at the moment. You have done so well and so quickly that if you feel 4 weeks is enough then stop or you will end up resenting the plan. Refeed with the aim of getting into good eating habits straight away and you could still be losing 2lb a week which is only 1 less than last week. You seem to be slowing down on the plan anyway. Not meant as a criticism at all but you could still get down to 10st well in time for Christmas eating more "normally". What is your final target? Can see a on my mobile.

Meant only with best intentions and hope don't upset you xxx

Aw, thank you HannahsMum. You didn't upset me, don't worry! You are right, I am fed up at the moment, and feeling sorry for myself. I suppose in a way I will be glad to end up resenting this diet, and that's also why I'm keeping such an honest (moany!) diary. That way, I can look back over this when I am eating normally and healthily and if I feel like I'm cheating and gaining weight, and realise that I REALLY do not want to go back on Lipotrim. God, does that even make sense?!

My target on Lipotrim is a healthy BMI, which for me in 10st10lb (6lb to go). I then want to get to 10st7lb (my own original target), and then hopefully as low as 10st or maybe 9st13lb, but I don't mind how long that takes. I'm using Lipotrim to get the bulk off so the end is in sight! I think (hope) I can lose that 6lb in the next 2 weeks but if it's not shifting, I'll refeed after those 2 weeks and move on.

Do people gain when they refeed?
Suppose pain and hatred of the diet right now will remind you of what you don't want in the future so I can see that. Moan away!! I have a target of 10st 7 as my target too. I've set an interim of 11stone but I'll decide if I want to loose much more when I get there. I've learned loads of better eating habits but still want to have treats so I'm concerned that 10st or even 10.7 will be too difficult to maintain iykwim

hannahsmumwillshrink said:
Do people gain when they refeed?
Suppose pain and hatred of the diet right now will remind you of what you don't want in the future so I can see that. Moan away!! I have a target of 10st 7 as my target too. I've set an interim of 11stone but I'll decide if I want to loose much more when I get there. I've learned loads of better eating habits but still want to have treats so I'm concerned that 10st or even 10.7 will be too difficult to maintain iykwim

Apparently you still lose during the refeed week as its a mix of shakes and real food. It's a strict reintroduction of food so that you don't gain 7lb of water overnight!

I know what you mean about maintaining. That's why I hope to get as low as possible before Xmas so I can gain a little but still be a healthy weight! I know a little gain around social occasions will be inevitable!

Day 26. Aaaarrrrghhh! Scales still stuck on 11st1.8lb this morning. Total groundhog weight. Have posted over on the Lipotrim Forum to see if anyone has any suggestions or insights into what might be going wrong. I have been 100%, drinking water, exercising gently (so I don't gain too much muscle!)

This diet is super tough and the only thing to keep me going is results. If I don't see some soon I'll crack! I'm giving myself one more week after weighin on Monday evening and will see if things improve.

Sorry for the rant! X

Day 27. Happy happy joy joy! Stepped on my beloved (!) scales this morning and finally, I had dropped some weight. Down 1.4lb to 11st0.4lb, meaning I'm only 0.5lb away from the "10's". Delighted. Haven't been this weight in years.

Lovely weekend so far with my little family. Lots of walks and playtime in the autumn weather. Looking forward to my weigh-in tomorrow evening and possibly my last week of Lipotrim.

Finding the diet very easy now. I have a chocolate shake for breakfast with ice cold peppermint tea, which makes it surprisingly tasty and mint-choc like (maybe my tastebuds have died?!). I then really look forward to my soup for lunch. It's my little treat while my little lady naps. In fact, I'm enjoying it so much that I'm now having soup in the evenings too, instead of a shake. It really helps to warm me up. That's not to say that I don't miss food, I still do, but I feel like I have an end in sight now, and have been digging up lots of healthy recipes for my return to food!

Treated myself to some cross stitch supplies yesterday and I'm working on a little fox picture. I found some lovely modern patterns on Pinterest and although I have no idea what I'll do with them when I finish them, I really enjoy working on them. Keeps my hands busy in the evenings. Will post some pics when I'm finished!

Hope everyone else has had a lovely weekend too. Xxx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Faith_111 said:
Yay almost there Squishy!!! The end is soooooo close! Choc mint shake sounds nice. Have a fab Sunday x

Thanks my lovely. Hope all is as ok as can be expected with you. X

Day 28. Weigh in day. The good news is I've lost 0.5inches from my hips! And that's where the good news ends. I have gained 0.4lb overnight (thanks evil scales) and my waist measurement is the same.

Oh well, I suppose the main thing is that I have lost weight overall. I'm not going to let the amount lost get me down as it will all come off eventually. 1.4lb is better off than on! Will see what the official pharmacy scales say later on.

Not too many events planned this week that involve temptation! Meeting a few friends for coffee weds and thurs but that's a walk in the park now and easy to avoid eating.

Really looking forward to a "date night" with Mr. McFatterson once I have returned to eating. Nothing fancy at all, we haven't been to the cinema together since our little lady was born so we're hoping to do that and go for some dinner first. Yum!

Good day today, woohoo. Went to the pharmacy for my weigh-in and according to their scales I was down 4lb. Which means that their scales now tallies with mine. I didn't get a chance to drink much water today so that might account for me not being my usual 3lb heavier at weigh in. Oh well, 4lb cheered me up!

What also cheered me up was the fact that I realised I have been measuring my belly and not my waist (oops!) I though my waist had gone from a 39.5 to a 35 but couldn't work out why my 32inch waist jeans were so loose on me. Then I had a brainwave and measured my actual waist, which is 30inches. Yippee! I have been measuring at my belly button all these weeks, duh! Still means I have to get rid of my belly (or my kangaroo pouch as I like to call it!) but these things are expected after pregnancy, or so I hear!

Off to bed now to dream about food. X

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I survived!! Yippee! Just home and had a sachet of soup (my last shake was at 11am, it's 6pm-ish now!) and feeling very proud of myself. If I can survive that I can survive anything in the near future.

You are amazing. RawrGirl would not have survived. Your self-control/discipline is out-of-this world. RawrGirl is VERY jealous!

...like my scales knew that and are plotting against me...!

It does feel like that at times, doesn't it. :(

Stepped on my ultimate frenemy, the scales, this morning and lo and behold, I weight 11st1.8lb which means I have met my mini-goal of losing 10% of my body weight. If you google this, you'll see that this is a big boost health wise. Yippee! Looking forward to updating my signature below with another "Done"!

Yea!!!!!!!!

All in all I'm plodding along nicely. Have been meeting friends this week but I just bring a peppermint tea bag with me and explain that I'm "trying to be good". Nobody's questioned it so far. I've managed to avoid my best friend for almost a month now (we talk on the phone every day) but we are having a DVD night on the 5th of October. I cannot wait to see if she notices! She has been skinny all her life so would have no idea what I've been through (and would think I'm crazy!) I've told her I'm dieting etc but just not how. I'm hoping to be in the 10's by then too (only 3lb to go!)

How exciting!

Definitely feeling the cold more on this diet, brrr!

RawrGirl has noticed that herself.

My scales are stuck at 11st1.8lb. Would really love to get into the 10s by weigh-in on Monday but it doesn't seem to be heading in that direction any time soon. Bit frustrating and disheartening but have to soldier on and not stuff my face like I would when fed up on previous diets.

RawrGirl thinks this is the reason she's never met goal.

I went shopping feeling quite slim in jeans and a top that had been tight on me. Then I caught a glimpse of my bum/thighs/saddle bags in a changing room mirror and my heart sank.

Yup. This is why RawrGirl tries to avoid mirrors at all costs. Her self-esteem plummets.

Finding the diet very easy now. I have a chocolate shake for breakfast with ice cold peppermint tea, which makes it surprisingly tasty and mint-choc like (maybe my tastebuds have died?!)

ROFL

Then I had a brainwave and measured my actual waist, which is 30inches. Yippee!

We have the same waist now! :)

Wow, Squishy, you have done amazing. RawrGirl thinks you are going to pass her very soon. So when are you going to post some pics???

Thank you RawrGirl for catching up on my diary, i'm hoping it helped lull you to sleep ;)

Oh yes, the dreaded photos...! When I've lost 2 stone or reached a healthy BMI I shall be asking Mr. McFatterson to take some more underwear pics and then I shall post a "start, middle and goal" comparison. They are hideous though! Even after losing weight i know i still wont like my body. Thats when i'll have to start toning up i suppose. I have also got lots of chubby "before" pics from Facebook saved on my phone too *shudder*

Day 29. 0.5lb off reaching the "10's". Definitely reachable this week, yippee!

Nothing much going on with me otherwise. I'm getting excited/nervous that this MAY be my last week of TFR. I never thought I would say this but I may stay on it one week extra, depending on weigh in results next Monday. I don't know whether I'm just being greedy when it comes to the amount I lose, or whether I'm a little afraid of eating again? I have nothing coming up that I have to refeed in time for. I have the 30th bday party on the 20th but can easily drive to that and not drink (I would only be on Day 5 of refeed and you can't have alcohol until Day 8). I'm not a big drinker so this doesn't bother me.

Decisions decisions! Still a week to go so plenty of time.

Hope everyone has a great day. X

Please excuse me while I prance around in my size 12 (US8) pre-pre-pregnancy Gap jeans that I tried on on a whim while my usual jeans are in the wash! Happy happy happy!

squishymcfatterson said:
Please excuse me while I prance around in my size 12 (US8) pre-pre-pregnancy Gap jeans that I tried on on a whim while my usual jeans are in the wash! Happy happy happy!

This was meant to say US8 for the benefit or RawrGirl (#emoticonfail)!

Back