Mission Possible

Yeh, I'm the same as Greta, I don't weigh myself in parts of a lb, so 10st 4lbs is 10st 4lbs regardless. However, since I go off kilograms, I see it as either closer to 10st 3lbs or 10st 5lbs, but still always 10st 4lbs! So don't be discouraged.

If you're worried about sticking at such a high amount of calories, maybe set yourself a max amount of weight you're willing to put on to give it a chance? As you've said, most people say they gain for the first couple of weeks, so maybe allow yourself a gain of 1/2lbs? Hope you get something that works for you x

Thanks ladies.

Attempted to cute my self-pity by scoffing a apple and berry crumble muffin earlier. Way to go! And yeah, I didn't feel any better afterwards...!

May indulge in some proper chocolate later but then it's back to the grind tomorrow, following my new rules.

Trying a yoga class tonight with a friend. Only ever done pregnancy yoga so interested to see how I get on. Not sure it will become a regular thing, it's bloody expensive! Kickboxing on Weds then. Maybe a run tomorrow night if hubby doesn't have footy.

Thanks RawrGirl! Hope you get your phone sorted, posting the weekly graph is such a good idea for the maintenance diaries! I feel like I'll never get to maintenance at this stage...

So it's Monday. Weigh-in day. I was so looking forward to seeing a drop on the scales this week for the first time since Christmas. Especially after a good week. But no. Official weight: 10st0.8lb. A GAIN of 0.2lb since last week. Granted, that's not a huge gain, probably more of a STS but frustrating nonetheless.

I keep reminding myself that the "experts" say that if you begin eating your TDEE minus 20% like me, that you may not see a weight drop for a few weeks. I just don't know if I'm strong enough to wait. I'm very results-driven and want nothing more than to see a drop on the scales.

I've lost 0.5 inches on both my hips and my waist, so I suppose that's a positive. But of course my mind is saying "Well how accurate are these measurements? Maybe you measured a bigger part last week?!"

So where do I go from here?

This week I will return to kickboxing on Monday an Wednesday, so I'll be upping my exercise.

After today, I'll be cutting out the sweet treats too (just have to get rid of them first!) I was counting the treats but now that I think about it, I'm probably only triggering my sweet tooth with them, and should be filling up on healthier foods like fruit, raw veg etc., instead of chocolate rice cakes, plain biscuits etc. So that is what I'll do. *sob*

I only have one dangerous day this week, Sunday, when my friend is making brunch. I should be ok though, I can have a little of everything. Think the plan is pancakes, fresh fruits, sausages maybe. Not the worst.

The following weekend is a worry as I travel for my nephew's christening and won't really be in control of food but all I can do is stay focused on days where I am in control, and then eat in moderation when others serve me food. Ha, sounds so easy!

Anyway, I'm going to keep calorie counting until the Monday before Lent starts (Monday 11th of Feb) and see how much weight I've dropped by then. If I'm not progressing, I may go back to Lipotrim to shift the last of this weight. I seem to be able to maintain with CC but losing is slow or non-existent for me.

Sorry for the moany post. Monday blues!

RawrGirl totally understands. She can maintain beautifully on Atkins, but losing is non-existent once she hits about 147. And like you mentioned the other day, it's pretty hard to not measure your waist correctly, so you def lost!

Thanks RawrGirl. You're right, I definitely did lose on my waist. Just don't know "what" I lost as my stats on my scales for water, fat, bone etc are the same as last week!

Anyway, I've had a day off, I ate chocolate, skipped dinner, picked at daughter's leftovers etc and am just in from a yoga class and feeling better.

MrMcFatterson is under instruction to hide the scales until next Monday's weigh in so I can get get on with calorie counting and exercising. All days will be good days, I have our dinners planned and lunches too. Sunday may be a bit tricky with brunch but I will skip breakfast and plan a low calorie dinner like soup maybe.

Have a great week everyone! X

Feeling more positive today. Gone slightly off plan because Mr. McFatterson has a day off but everything has been counted. I still have a long walk planned for the dog, and a 5k run this evening with a friend, so that should bring me under my cals for the day.

Bought some houmous and carrots to snack on for the next few evenings, instead of sugary treats.

Just going to keep plodding on with calorie counting until Feb. 11th and reevaluate then!

Prince Charming has been going in late the last two days (one of the work trucks in the shop), so that has messed with RawrGirl's eating/working out schedule. Things look like they may be back to normal tomorrow. Unfortunately, RawrGirl does not like carrots. Or Celery. The worst thing is, she LOVES raw red pepper, but can't eat much of it as it makes her tummy upset. Go figure. :(

Prince Charming has been going in late the last two days (one of the work trucks in the shop), so that has messed with RawrGirl's eating/working out schedule. Things look like they may be back to normal tomorrow. Unfortunately, RawrGirl does not like carrots. Or Celery. The worst thing is, she LOVES raw red pepper, but can't eat much of it as it makes her tummy upset. Go figure. :(

Yes, it's great to have him around but it's such a treat that I feel like we should be making the most of it, going out for lunch etc. But he has a lot of time off this month because he has days to use up by Feb, so I have to make sure I just stick to my healthy eating on these days or I'll be taking in far too many cals!

Ooh, never thought of red pepper. Must pick some up. It does repeat on me a lot, I think there's something quite indigestible in the skin? Maybe that's what upsets your stomach. Ugh, not a celery fan either. Although it takes more calories to consume than it actually contains, so maybe we should all be eating it?!!!

Good day yesterday. Food wasn't great, including a lunch in Burger King (husband's choice). I only had a burger, half a portion of fries and a third of a regular coke. I really don't like the food there and was kicking myself after eating it. What a waste of calories in something I didn't even enjoy. Lesson learned.

Anyway, cals were fine as I brought the dog for a long walk, brought baby to the playground, and then met a friend for a run last night for the first time in ages. Managed 42mins (7km) and could've kept going except my friend was tired and we'd done a loop back to my house. I really must run more though, it's free and it's easy to step outside and just go!

This morning I'm dropping little lady to crèche and then treating myself to a swim. Will do as many lengths as I can manage. With kickboxing tonight and a dog walk this afternoon, that's plenty of exercise for the day!

Squishy doesn't like Burger King??? RawrGirl thinks this is the first thing we don't have in common, lol.

42 minute run is amazing...no wonder you are so skinny!

Ha ha! Burger King here is crap. Reheated food and thrown together. The cheese in my burger wasn't even melted. Such a let down. If I'm going to get fast food, I prefer to go all out! Now American Burger King would be a different story. If there's one thing Americans do well, it's fast food!!

Ahem, need I remind you that you are 10lb skinnier than me?!! But thank you ;)

Lol, what difference does that make??? Your waist is smaller.

Ha, true! For now!! Let's just agree that we're both fabulous darling!

Great day today. Clocked up a lot of exercise cals by swimming for 31 minutes this morning, and then an hour at kickboxing tonight. It meant that I was able to go to a friend's house for a cuppa and a catch-up, and not feel guilty about some biscuits and a small slice of lemon cake.

Can't remember the last time I swam to exercise. Definitely years ago. I really enjoyed it although I'd love to be able to listen to music or something while doing it. Got a bit bored with my own thoughts! Felt great afterwards and even sat in the steam room for a while.

Good to get back to kickboxing tonight too. A really good workout. Not much planned for tomorrow, exercise-wise except walking the dog in the rain again maybe.

Then Friday, I think I'll go for a run in the morning after crèche drop-off. Weather permitting of course!

Wow...RawrGirl is way to lazy to have done all that. Hats off to you!

Thanks my dear. Feeling energetic this week so making hay while the sun shines! Hope you feel better soon. X

So, good week is continuing. Had another coffee date today with a neighbour so had two small treats and worked them off by walking the dog in the cold rain. Twice.

Hubby off tomorrow and little lady in crèche so I think we'll go to a daytime screening of Django Unchained. I love Tarantino movies so I'm very excited to see this. It will probably involve a lunch of some sort but I have two ways to counteract the cals! I will have soup for my dinner (made another batch of that yummy leek and oatmeal soup) and I also plan, weather permitting, to go for a run in the morning. I'm hoping to leave my car at the crèche as it's surrounded by a "nice" 7.5k loop road that inclines at the beginning but has a nice downhill towards the end! Then drive home for a nice hot shower.

Really hope it stops raining by morning time so I can run. It's miserable here today.

Hockey match on Sat and then not much exercise time on Sunday as I've a brunch in the morning, and I've to collect my parents from the airport in the afternoon. I would really prefer an extra-good day (low cals, high exercise) since it's weigh in the next morning, but nothing I can so so might as well suck it up I suppose!

Hubby out for the evening so the plan is a long bath, followed by carrots, houmous and trashy TV!

Over and out. X

Ha! So much for a run. Woke up to wind and SNOW this morning! Not even nice snow, but pathetic Irish slush. Oh well. Cinema and a nice lunch not affected thankfully!

Wow, movie was amazing. Highly recommend it to anyone who likes Tarantino, or even just a good movie.

Food was also amazing but oh so naughty. Had a burger, fries, two onion rings, some ice cream and some pic n mix. A day off for sure! I enjoyed it but also looking forward to getting back to normal tomorrow! Now dreading weigh in on Monday but it has to be done! Eek!

Phew, have redeemed myself today, thankfully! Food has been and will continue to be good, plus I played a full 70 minute hockey match and walked the dog, and will not be eating back the cals. Hopefully this balances out yesterday's day off.

I don't know why I beat myself up so much though. I think it's only reasonable to take a day off from calorie counting now and then. I refuse to be a slave to MFP!

Back