Misspiggyfi get a Grip!!!... interview was a success :-)

:wave_cry: i am in yorkshire i talk to my hubby with the web cam but will have to stop as i would like him to see a differance in me when he gets back he is near singapore will be away until jan but back for a couple of weeks in may

It's tough isn't it? Mine's back in may then sails in july for another 6 months:mad: :mad:
Why oh why did I have to fall for a sailor??!!!!:sigh:

Day 5 :)

Today has been a bit of a test! I was working today in the student union shop, which sells lots and lots of yummy food :mad: My colleague kept offering me malteasers, which I politely refused :) I told her I'm on a diet, but she doesn't know it's cambridge. She seemed a bit baffled that I wouldn't even have one, but I just said if I had one I'd want more, and she accepted that.

I felt really funny all day at work today, really faint and dizzy etc, but I know I just have to ride it out. By the time I had finished I felt absolutely exhausted! This is by no means a strenuous job so obviously the energy high hasn't found me yet! Had to have a chocolate tetra at work as I've run out of banana- they're no way near as good!! I'd love to see a forest fruits tetra or a butterscotch one :p

I'm excited about tomorrow as Mandy will be bringing me my supplies of packs.... and I'll get some bars!!! Oh it's so hard doing this diet without them! I really love the orange one especially and will have them once I've finished the diet too as they're so good :D :D Hopefully they won't affect ketosis, it will have been a week when I have one.

I've had pains in my tummy today, in my left side. Hope that goes away soon! Tonight my flatmates obviously had intentions of torturing me!! They had hot-cross buns, heated up, with butter melting into them aaaarrrrgggghhhh!! I deserve a flippin medal for refusing their repeated offers!!

I'm doing my best at the moment not to tidy my room :eek: I am by no means exaggerating when I say it's an absolute mess at the moment. I have been dumping everything in a pile which has grown to a considerable size now:eek: I'll do it in 5 mins.......

Last edited:
I'm a bit worried about my breath. H2B is away, so I have no one to ask!! He usually has a gentle comment like "your mouth smells like something's died in it" :rolleyes:
How close do people have to be to smell ketosis breath?? Will al my friends think I have halitosis or something??:eek: :eek:

hey Fiona

Not sure about the breath thing cos as far as i know i don't get it... not that bad anyway... i am conscious of it when i'm close to people but no one has ever said anything and i'm sure a couple of my friends would... must ask me mother ha ha

anyways.. would ya be able to ask a friend or something??? just so you know cos not everyone gets the bad breath....

Well done on getting to day 6... i'm dying to see how you get on at your weigh in!!!

you will be loads lighter when your fellas ship emerges again... how exciting being on a submarine!!!!

love

Gen xxx

hey Fiona

Not sure about the breath thing cos as far as i know i don't get it... not that bad anyway... i am conscious of it when i'm close to people but no one has ever said anything and i'm sure a couple of my friends would... must ask me mother ha ha

anyways.. would ya be able to ask a friend or something??? just so you know cos not everyone gets the bad breath....

Well done on getting to day 6... i'm dying to see how you get on at your weigh in!!!

you will be loads lighter when your fellas ship emerges again... how exciting being on a submarine!!!!

love

Gen xxx

I don't know about exciting Gen- more like torture!! :( although it does keep excitement in the relationship ;) Where's your ticker gone?? Get that loss on there!! x

I've just booked tickets to take my mum to see the dancing on ice tour- £93 for 2 tickets!!!!:eek: :eek:
As I'm a poor stoodent it will be both her mothers' day present and her birthday present:p (12th may so close enough lol)
It's something I'd never have thought of getting for myself, but mum will love it as she doesn't really get to go out that much- I'll have to get her a bit tipsy!! ha ha she loves the show so hopefully I'll be able to polish my halo once the tickets arrive... I'm going to keep it a surprise though:D Now I'll have to get some extra shifts at work to pay it off!!

I've just booked tickets to take my mum to see the dancing on ice tour- £93 for 2 tickets!!!!:eek: :eek:
As I'm a poor stoodent it will be both her mothers' day present and her birthday present:p (12th may so close enough lol)
It's something I'd never have thought of getting for myself, but mum will love it as she doesn't really get to go out that much- I'll have to get her a bit tipsy!! ha ha she loves the show so hopefully I'll be able to polish my halo once the tickets arrive... I'm going to keep it a surprise though:D Now I'll have to get some extra shifts at work to pay it off!!

i'm sooooooooooo jealous :jelous: :jelous: :jelous: :jelous: :jelous: i'd love to go but it would be just far toooo expensive coming from ireland!!!! ah well .....

didn't even notice my ticker had gone.... must look for it!!!

Day 6 almost done and dusted :)

I have had no energy today, week 1 is such a pain! I have resisted the urge for a nap so that I can hopefully have an early night instead.

Got my supplies today and have bars!! yay!! I only ordered one peanut bar as I'd never tried them, but i love them!! I am gutted to have none left now for 2 weeks!

I haven't done anything exciting today, which is a good thing as tomorrow will be such a long day in lectures most of the day and then work till 11.30, urgh:sigh:

*yawn* veeeeerrrrrry early night me thinks!!

Day 8

1 weigh in and... 11lbs down :D :D :D

I really want 3+ next week to make it a stone!!!

wooooohooooooooo!!!!

:scale: :clap: I knew you could do it!

Well done you will do 3lbs next week eeeeasy! :superwoman:

You will look absolutely fantastic when your sailor comes home to you, what a wonderful surprise for him! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Keep it up girl!

Day 10

Well I'm still SSing:D
Not been feeling too well so haven't been posting much :sigh: I've got this virus that's going round, on top of which my heartburn has been getting worse- I've been getting it for the past 5 months, after never having had it before :confused: well finally the doctor has stopped giving me pointless blood tests and actually given me something to reduce the acid in my stomach. I'm so glad to be actually trying something rather than just stupid blood tests.

Of course, while I was there I got a lecture about VLCDs, and how studies show that the vast majority of people can't keep the weight off more than 2 years, and what I really need to do is a long term healthy eating plan. That's all well and good, but don't you think I've tried that???!!!!! :mad: If it was that simple, would I really be going to such drastic measures? Er, no!

Other than that the past few days have been fine. I'm hungry at the moment though, even though I've had my 3 packs for the day :( Will do my best not to give in to temptation!!

Hey honey

Finally found ur diary!!! It was hiding!!!
Alot of what've said really echos my thoughts and feelings, and it's comforting to kno I'm not alone with these mad feelings!
I hope the weekend has been kind to u hun.

Talk soon, much love
chelle xx

Hey Chelle,

I haven't been writing on it that much so it must have been a few pages down :rolleyes: I promise to do better and keep it up to date lol

The weekend has been alright so far, I've been good and stuck to my packs. I wish I could say the same about the scales- they are not being nice to me at all!! They haven't shifted so I'm not happy!!:( I'm weighing myself properly on wednesday, so hopefully I will see a change then... or else!

And no, you're not alone with your mad feelings, I'm crazy too!! ;)

I can't believe I'm only on day 12, it feels like so much longer!!!

I want instant results, but I know that isn't going to happen :mad:

Yesterday was a really productive day. I woke up energetic and tidied my room from top to bottom, which has been long overdue:eek: Then I had to go to work at 5. I was tortured. I had to fill up all of the pick-n-mix sweets :cry: the smell made me starving!! The funny thing is, I don't really go for sweets, I'd rather have a cake or a bar of chocolate so it wasn't that I wanted any, it's just that the smell of any food makes me hungry. As a result I consumed 2 litres of water at work, having already had 4 1/2 prior to going! (that's a LOT for me!!)

Well I didn't cave to my hunger :) I made it through work till 11.30 and then relaxed in front of the telly. I was still hungry, but I just went to bed hungry and told myself to deal with it!!

Today my mum rang me and woke me up :mad: She had woken up really early, so she'd been up for hours and was bored. Obviously I was going to ring her anyway so it was nice to talk to her. The dancing on ice tickets had arrived yesterday so she was over the moon and we chatted about everything for an hour.

The rest of today hasn't been very productive :rolleyes: I am absolutely freezing!! The heating is on full and I am wrapped up in my pjs and a dressing gown and 2 pairs of socks- yet I'm still freezing!! (don't judge me for the pjs, I have a cold!!:p )

I'm building myself up to get some uni work done!!

But first I think I'm going to try and make some trifle a la Mandyb2, since she told me about it I've wanted to try it so as I have time, today seems like the day... I'll let you know how it goes!!

Day 14

The trifle plan didn't exactly go to plan the other night :mad: I tried to make the jelly 3 times and the stupid stuff wouldn't set!! :confused: I gave up in the end and instead had a butterscotch muffin with some banana tetra poured over it :) and if you have a reeeeeeeeealy good imagination it almost tastes like banoffee (well, as close as cd can get anyway! he he)

Today I have been busy. Had some seminars at uni, to scare the pants off us I presume- this is the last week of lectures before the holidays, and then, eeek- exam time!:( :cry: In the meantime I have 26,000 words to write on a selection of essays... better get a move on!

I am currently armed with a pile of books, but unfortunately the motivation of a snail!!

Diet-wise, I've been a good girl so far. The only problem is I've had all my packs and I'm still hungry :mad: :mad: I've already had 4 litres of water and trying every diversion tactic I can think of!!!

Got a busy day tomorrow, working in school all day and then got to dash to the shops after, so I'll have to remember to take a bar and a tetra, and as much water as I can carry without looking like an idiot!

I think the 11lbs loss is starting to affect me already. I know the difference isn't visible yet, but I feel a bit more confident, and got a bit more dressed up for uni today. Since my weight increased, I've been hiding behind dark, plain clothes because I felt so fat. But I want to get 'me' back and start wearing clothes that suit my personality again :)

Hmmm this diet really does make you think!!

Week 2 done and dusted, and another 4lbs off :D

Got my first stone off too!!
:bliss: :bliss:

Roll on the next stone!!! :D

Back