Misspiggyfi get a Grip!!!... interview was a success :-)

Well done Fiona, we are at about the same place- well I have just come to the end of day 6.

I just noticed you wanted to know how much you can expect to lose- or how much you could lose in 70 days? Its important to remember that the first week you're gonna lose more than the following weeks as you are losing water and glycogen as well, so dont be upset if you don't get that loss every week. Scientifically, as long as you stick to the diet you should be losing around 3.5lb a week, sometimes more, sometimes less, but that depends on the individual and can be affected by water retention.

So, if you think that 70 days =10 weeks. 10 weeks at 3.5lb=35lb (2st 7lb). You are likely to lose about 10lb in week 1, maybe more maybe less, but assuming that, then we are looking at 3st 3lb in 70 days. Hope this gives you some idea!

So if like me you lose loads in your first week, be happy about it, think about how amazing it feels and use it as motivation... but dont get your hopes up about it happening EVERY week! xxx

well done for sticking to it so far - best of luck! You can do it.

Amy

Well done for making to day 5 you can do this. Just remember that we can achieve whatever we want if we just believe in ourselves.:)

Thanks for the posts everyone!

I'm feeling good this morning, I've just got on the scales and I've lost 8lbs so far in 6 days :D

Hopefully that'll get me through today, sunday is such a long day for some reason. Got lots of uni work I should be doing so black coffee at the ready! I will have to stay in my room to resist the beautiful smells of my housemates' roast chicken dinners!

Thanks for the posts everyone!

I'm feeling good this morning, I've just got on the scales and I've lost 8lbs so far in 6 days :D

Hopefully that'll get me through today, sunday is such a long day for some reason. Got lots of uni work I should be doing so black coffee at the ready! I will have to stay in my room to resist the beautiful smells of my housemates' roast chicken dinners!

Hi there - only just picked up your thread as have been out of circulation for a while.

I think the most difficult bit is getting started and then the first couple of weeks. Thats why this place is soooooo helpful and a huge crutch to be leaned upon.

Its not possible to have a 24/7 counsellor by your side (well bloody expensive anyway) but this place is next best cos most hours there is always someone here and we ALL know what you are going through.

A little trick I used at the start was when it was real tough, I tried to imaging other things that at the time seemed awful and endless - silly things like the journey home in the snow that took 6 hours rather than 30 mins or the flight home from hols that took 21 hours due to delays and stuck in airport rather than 3 hours.

You think at the time they would never end - BUT YOU HAD NO ALTERNATIVE but to see it out. When you realise that you kinda enter a detached state of mind (well I did) and when it was finally over - a good nights sleep and a couple of paracetomol and it seemd just like a bad dream and not a reality.

Now I realise that a journey like ours is a tad longer (I got at least 6 months to go), but in reality we have NO ALTERNATIVE, if we want to be where we want to get to - and so that little trick worked (works) for me.

Another way is to say that if it takes 6 months and you live to be 100 then 0.5% of your life would have been focused on getting to goal weight - or putting it on an average daily basis - 15 mins per day average over your life. You spend more time going to the toilet, getting up in the morning - and for you ladies, loads more in putting make-up on.

So whilst you're in it - its 100%, but overall its nowt - its just rather important that you do the daily 15mins all joined up :D

Good luck - we are all here and you will get there if you stay on plan (or in the car, or at the airport etc .....)

Sorry, sermon over:D

Fiona,
Try taking a 'solution - focussed' approach. Sounds really mumbo-jumbo but all it means is that when faced with a problem you don't waste energy thinking 'How did I get here?' You concentrate on MOVING FORWARD.
You can look back later and reflect on how to stop the problem happening again BUT NOT NOW - you need all your emotional energy to solve the problem.
Hey ... that sounds quite intense - must be getting clever!!!!

Hi Fiona... well done on the 8lbs.. you're doing great!! I got your email earlier and replied.. hope to see you through the week:)
Keep up the good work you're doing fantastic:D :) :D

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:)

Thanks Mandy :) would have been even better if i hadn't gained 6lbs since i saw you a month ago :eek: lol

I'll call you soon to arrange a time

Starting Again

Well....

H2B's submarine surfaced for the weekend so I found myself in plymouth this weekend... basically stuffing my face. I'm a little annoyed with myself, as he said he'd support me, but I'd already made my mind up that I was only a week in so I could easily start again after.
But a part of me doesn't regret eating, as I didn't want to feel resentful about the fact I couldn't eat- I won't see him now till May at the earliest so I just wanted to really enjoy the weekend.
Now I can really focus on losing this weight, and he'll (*hopefully*) see a big change in me next time I see him!

I'm now on day 3, and I am determined to stick to it this time! I have a beautiful French Connection dress in a size 14 that I bought as motivation... and I WILL get into it!!

Hey Fiona

Well done on getting back on track... that takes some determination...

Dont beat urself up over eating last week, its over, forget it and he won't be around for another couple of months anyway so no more excuses hee hee

Keep going girl and you will be a skinny mini in no time!!!

love

Gen xxx

Hi there,

:D I am on day 2, this is the first time I have tried CD but everything else I have tried has of course failed!:cry:

I am hungry, but I am not doing too bad, I don't want to eat food, I want to be slim and of course you do too! If you have lost the weight before, surely you must remember the wonderful feeling you felt when you reached your goal! Just keep remembering that feeling everytime it gets a bit difficult and I'm sure you will be ok!

:D You can have a bit of my motivation too but don't be greedy as I have a very long way to go yet!

Hey Fiona

Well done on getting back on track... that takes some determination...

Dont beat urself up over eating last week, its over, forget it and he won't be around for another couple of months anyway so no more excuses hee hee

Keep going girl and you will be a skinny mini in no time!!!

love

Gen xxx

Hiya Gen

Yup, no excuses this time! Hopefully I can stay away from temptation- why is it that as soon as I start SSing, everyone I know starts inviting me out for dinner?? Noooooooooooo!!! I'm running out of excuses!

How are you getting on yourself? I'll have to catch up on your thread.

We can do it!!

Hi there,

:D I am on day 2, this is the first time I have tried CD but everything else I have tried has of course failed!:cry:

I am hungry, but I am not doing too bad, I don't want to eat food, I want to be slim and of course you do too! If you have lost the weight before, surely you must remember the wonderful feeling you felt when you reached your goal! Just keep remembering that feeling everytime it gets a bit difficult and I'm sure you will be ok!

:D You can have a bit of my motivation too but don't be greedy as I have a very long way to go yet!

Hiya wollop- great name!!

If I can pass on one pearl of wisdom, it is DON'T HAVE ANY BREAKS!! The first time really is the golden time, and I wish I was back where you are!

I do remember the wonderful feeling I felt when I was slimmer, it changed everything about my life. I was so active and confident and happy- and generally a great person to be around!! I need to find that me again, and sticking to this diet is the only way to do that.

Good luck to you, the physical hunger will soon disappear- although the mental hunger is a beeyach! But stick with it, the results are sooo worth it!

ps I am stealing a HUGE chunk of your motivation ha ha

Day 4 woo!

Last night was really tricky, the day 3 headache kicked in and I felt really hungry at 10ish after I'd had all of my packs, so rather than caving to anything else I had another pack, which saw me through the evening :)

The scales are being nice to me today so I'm pleased with that, but I'll wait till wednesday before I update my ticker ;) Don't want to count my chickens before they hatch!! lol

Just had a yummy banana shake mmmmmm but I still feel hungry- what's that all about???!! Had 3 litres of water so far, but I'm gonna have to throw some more down my neck to get rid of this hungry feeling!!

Things are looking up though since starting the diet. I had a really productive day yesterday and got loads of things sorted. I had a morning full of meetings with my tutors at uni and got a phonecall I'd been waiting ages for- I have finally confirmed my start date on the student associate scheme which is going into a school for three weeks and getting experience of teaching. I'm hoping to get onto a pgce course next year and train to be a teacher so that will be really great experience, in addition to the day a week i currently help out at a school :D :D

I did have to have a nap though when I got back from uni :eek:

Today has been quite a lazy day so far, I got up late and have spent far too much time on here! Spent an hour on the phone to my mum too, I really need to start writing some essays!! got 5 essays and a dissertation to write!! eek :mad: :confused:

off to make a peppermint tea me thinks!!

I am sooooooo hungry!!!!

Argh this is so hard!! I know it will get better as the days pass, but right now it is taking so much self-control not to eat :mad:
I'm probably gonna have to have another pack or I will chew my arm off!:eek: :sigh:

I can't wait till this week is over!

stupid question miss piggy but is your fiance in the navy,my hubby is and is away till may also it is day 12 for me now and i am finding it difficult tonight i think it must br totm.:D

Hi Jessy,

Yep my fiance is in the navy, away on a submarine so not even any phonecalls or texts:cry:
At least he won't see me for a while so there'll be a big difference in me by the time he gets back
Where are you based?

Back