ProPoints Missyb - 2011 is looming, Propoints is here!

Thank you girlies - I managed to do a number 2 today, just after WI (doh) so will weigh myself tomorrow too to see what it says, hehe.

Just cooking sausage and oven chips for dinner, a little treat :) Fell asleep for ages earlier because I was so tired, whoops!

xxx

6lbs and a poop!!! Fab-tabulous!!!! :D
Have a great day tomorrow, hope you enjoyed the sausage and chips, can't go wrong :D x

Fab result bex thats amazing!!!

I like nandos but i always come away hungry as they never give me enough food...or is it just me?
t1911.gif
xxx

Charls, I usually find I'm quite full in Nando's but it may be because I've eaten more during the day (likely, most of the time I've been there I've stuffed my face all day)!

Thanks for popping by everyone :)

Reporting for duty and can say I'm still sticking with it, usually by about now I start to feel my resolve weakening but I think something key this time round is I'm not really spending a great deal of time thinking about it - normally I'm totally consumed by it and plan out everything meticulously but it seems to be working that I'm just taking it day by day. May not work in the long run but we will see!

Had the Avon delivery this morning at 7am - I woke up early as I'd slept for a bit during the day before, tried to do some Davina before it came but I felt so weak and weary I just gave up about two minutes in! Not good! I feel very weak in general today, the Metformin is really making me feel a bit sicky :(

Rob's had the day off today so we've been pottering around a bit and discussing life - he seems to oscilate between thinking getting married is a good idea and then not and it's frustrating me!

Am now watching my boyfriend on the One Show (Matt Baker!) and will go and lay down shortly as I really feel a bit ick. Time for PJ's I think :D

xxx

6lbs off :eek: amazing!! Well done hun!!

I saw matt baker at strictly come dancing tour couple of weekends ago, very pleasing on the eye!! He said that if the audience voted for him to win he would do a backflip in his kilt (as a true scotsman...no undies!!) However the stupid idiots all voted for Pamela Stevenson so unfortunately no peep show :( x

Oh he is so pleasing on the eye! I would have loved to go on the tour but my boyfriend is very anti-Strictly :( I could have gone with my MIL but it just never got mentioned. I would have loved to see "mini" Matt ;)

xxx

I know it was a real shame!! No hint of mini matt in sight!!!

OH would tell me to go and take a run and jump also!! Funnily enough I went with my mum and aunt and MIL, they had a spare ticket going. It was actually a good night, and nobody would say no to a bit of Ricky Whittle either!! x

Glad taking it a day at a time is working for you Becca. It definitely takes some of the pressure off.

I had to go and google Matt Baker to see who you were talking about. He doesn't do it for me I'm afraid, although the thought of some full frontal nudity at the strictly tour is hilarious, what a pity he didn't win :D

He's almost a bit goody goody for me, but I can just about get over that!

I am sorry to say I'm having a mare of a time at the moment - a couple of weeks ago I went for a medical assessment to see whether I was still eligible for ESA, because of my M.E/Anxiety - I fluctuates, sometimes it's okay and other times I can't get out of the house, but I always need to have a nap during the day - this means I'm unable to work anything other than very limited hours and no employer seems to be willing to do that.

Anyway, I had my assessment and found out the results yesterday - I scored 3 (!!!) points out of 15 - 15 is the cut off point for whether you are still eligible. I looked over all the criteria and half the questions in the medical examination were never asked (such as does my tiredness affect my day to day life, er, yes!) and the rest of them she'd ticked incorrectly.

So this means the £420 we get per month on account of my disability which I NEED because I CAN'T work is now gone. We struggle enough as it is, more going out than coming in and Rob is having to switch to night shift to earn extra money. So now we've got a massive blow to our finances, and I don't know how we're going to cope :(

To be honest I just didn't want to point today - I know that makes me awful and weak but I'm not making horrendous choices but I am just NOT in the mood to be assessing every darn thing I put in my mouth. I'm sure tomorrow will be different and I'll be fine, but I just want to take a step back today and have a bit of a rest!

Hope you're all okay xxx

Aww Bex sorry to hear about your troubles
can you not put a complaint in and say you need to be reassessed as the person who assessed you didn't ask all the questions on the form.
No wonder you don't feel like pointing

Im so sorry to hear your news about the benefits
s0715.gif
...it seems to be happeing alot.

I have 2 mates,1 has a son(14) who is deaf in both ears,has behavioural problems & some digestive probs (he was in special care as a baby),they took her benefits off her ages ago as they said he didnt need one to one at school & wasnt disabled enough.

The other mate has a severely diasabled son (13) who cant do anything for himself or communicate,he is a big handful (she cant even lift him he is so heavy) & she was looking at putting him into a home permanently but has been told the funding is no longer there to do that..she is a single parent & just cant cope....

Can you appeal at all???

Difficult times so dont feel bad about the eating... xxxxx

Thanks ladies - I have lodged an appeal, but it can take up to six months....! Not sure how we're going to manage until then, Rob seems to think or say we can survive but I very much doubt it!

Eating is crapish, will be back on it tomorrow xxx

So I ate rubbish yesterday, well over daily points and probably over my Weeklies, I just couldn't be bothered to point.

I'm suffering for it this morning, rich food obviously doesn't agree with me as I feel sick :( Possibility a symptom of anxiety and rich food but who knows.

I think I'm feeling a bit disheartened because a SP shows I've lost absolutely NOTHING this week (in fact, it's showing a gain) despite being absolutely perfect with my points. I don't want to think that propoints doesn't work for me but I know I consistently lost with vintage points and I'm feeling a bit rubbish. I want this to work for me as I love weight watchers and find it the best plan for me as it's convenient.

I don't know how easy it is to do vintage points when everything has switched over but I will give it a month and if I'm not appearing to lose much then I may switch.

I've even stopped eating bread (despite having a baguette yesterday - that was the first bread I'd had in two weeks) and no alcohol, so not sure what is going on.

Anyway, back on it this morning and for the foreseeable :) WI is on Monday, so am hoping I will get a small loss by then.

xxx

I've only had a quick skim read but didn't want to read n run. You'll get through this, yesterday was blip. As for the slight gain, look at it over a couple of weeks rather than a one off wi :) back on track today. Big hug chick x

Thats awful news about your benefits Bex and so ridiculous that an appeal can take that long!

Don't be worrying too much about the sneaky peek weight, its no wonder you needed a day off and you know it'll balance out once you're back on track x

Gah.

I've had a HELLISH two weeks, just stressed and arguing and bickering and generally feeling rubbish. I went to go and stay with my Mum for 4 days last week (mainly to help her move and to go to my aunts funeral, but I wanted to stay longer) to just get my head sorted a little, but didn't seem to work as I still feel rubbish.

I ate terribly at the weekend, and I've been thinking about Propoints or Discovery, which one would be better, and things like that. I think I'm going to carry on with Propoints but not use my weeklies, because I just don't like that they are there. I have to make more of an effort to eat my points, which I never do, and I'm sure it just screws things up. I think the reason I've given up on it so many times recently is because I lose a lot in the first week, but then I find it hard to go to the toilet and the second week I seem to lose nothing, and it totally disheartens me. I think I just need to push past that second week and I should be okay, I hope.

It's been a year since I joined WW and have lost over 3 stone in that time, but I know it could be so much more :(

xxx

Focus on what you have done, not what you haven't. 3 stone is bloody amazing Missy B, you've done fantastically well and you will get there, I am certain of it.

Sorry to hear you've had a not-good couple of weeks, but it is good that you have been able to be there for your family :)

Here's to a new beginning today with a big hug x x

Back