Mix-a-Mousse!! FAB!!

karen.garraway

Hey all, been on this diet for 5 weeks and only today found out about mix a mousse. I brought it from my cdc £4.15.
I am on SS+ and had been having shake for breakfast and lunch and my meal and a bar for pudding. Don't know why but i feel better when i know i have a "pudding" to eat. Anyway this is in a pot like the orange crystals ( so will last ages) and all you do is mix it with a shake, pop in the fridge and hey presto.
Just had a choc mint one and was really really nice. Seems funny that i am so happy by this find but as you all know this diet can get a bit boring. Now i can have my bar for lunch which is more convenient especially if i am out and about. Hopefully others who didnt know about it can now get some but if you did already know sorry if i've bored you ha ha
Also i have ordered some veg crystals -again like the flavoured ones we have for our water but this time a savoury one to pour over veg.
Hope i've helped some people xx

hi ya - not sure if its allowed in week one but all it is is a pot of power and you add one spoon to your shake mix and leave in the fridge for 10 mins. So nice to have a pudding. If you are in week one also ask about the water flavour crystals - both are lovely and also this week i brought the veg flavour crystals which you add to hot water and tastes like a lovely cup a soup. You can have as many a day as you like of these. They are £6.60 a pot but will last you about 2 months xx

:hide: Hi, sorry to jump in but depending on which CDC you speak to you are not allowed unlimited flavour crystals, the veg mix for instance has 2g of carbs per serving and 13 calories, not much I know but on top of mix a mousse and bars the extra calories and carbs could soon add up. My cdc has told us 1tsp of sweet flavour crystals per day and 1tsp of savoury per day. It doesn't affect everyone, there are some on this forum who drink nothing but the flavoured water, just be aware that it may have an effect on your losses/ketosis xx

Yes, the crystals from CDC. Just looking at the nutrition info on the summer berry and the orange, they don't have much in the way of carbs but have 12 calories per 5g/1ltr serving (although they give it as 1.2 calories per 100mls made up - misleading!), times that by 4ltrs per day and it's an extra 48 calories which means you would have consumed more than an extra food pack's worth of calories every 3 days!

My CDC warned me not to have more than 1 lot of water flavouring a day too. In fact I've cut it out altogether because I was finding that I lost less weight when I have it. I only have one lot of Mix-a-mousse a day too, for the same reason.

My CDC recommended that I stick to the shakes and soups for the first 2 weeks, and then slowly introduce the bars, silks, flavouring etc, because everyone is different and some people are knocked out of ketosis easily.

Oh my god i am furious if thats the case as my cdc said i could have as much as i want. This week i only lost 1, ok last week 4 but only 3 over the previous 2 weeks. I was disapointed as i thought what is the point of shakes when i could lose it this slow on ww.
On an average day i have 1 shake normally, 1 with the mix a mouuse, 1 bar, 1 allowed meal and probably about 5 glasses of flavoured crystal in water. I use a quarter of a teaspoon in each glass therefore about 1 and quarter teaspoon.
I am going to ring her first thing in the morning!!!!!

Eek that doesn't sound like the the best advice from your cdc! Although maybe she thinks that if it's a choice between you having a bit extra water flavouring etc or straying from the plan then having extra is preferable? By the way which bars do you have, apparantly the cranberry has fewer calories than the others (around 150 I think as opposed to 170-ish for the others) and both the cranberry and peanut bars have lower carbs too (around the same as the shakes).

thats handy I only likr the cranberry and peanut bars!! lol I do think the cdc should all be singing from the same hym sheet tbh! its confusing for us when we arent really sure if what we are doing is correct! maybe i will become one and make sure i always give the correct info!x

i have the malted toffee and the choclate, not keen on the others. She should def be giving me the correct info because she has seen how disapointed i have been , and it has never been a question that i have cheated - god i even thought she may have doubted as the scales dont lie!! Mind you she didnt give me much help when i asked about the salad dressings i got that info from this site. She is very lovely and supportive but i need to know for def and is she isnt sure tomorrow i am going to ask her to ring cambridge

Sounds like a plan brooksy - totally agree it's confusing!

Just going back to the mousse topic though - my fave treat at the moment is whizzing up half a peanut bar into crumbs in my mini food processor, then making up a mousse out of half a vanilla shake and half a choc shake mixed together, and layering the mousse and the crumbs in a small bowl - omg it's fantastic! It almost tastes hazelnutty like a kinder bueno if you like that kind of thing!

If I were you I would try to grit your teeth for a week and limit the amount you have just to see whether it makes any difference - like I said some others on this board have still had good losses regardless so it might not be that? Having said that I attend a CD group and one of the girls there had slow losses, then went back to sachets, tetras and plain water and lost really well that week...I supose it's the same as ketosis, some things affect some people more than others.

Hi all, well spoke to cdc today and she rang cambridge. The allowance is 1 teaspoon per litre of water flavourings OR 1 teaspoon per 250ml of the veg - not both today. The mix a mousse is seperate and you can still have that every day. I have been going over my limit by about 5 times, got some ketostix today and was beige = negitive but not surprised now. AHHHHHH!!! Well thank you everyone for letting me aware of this otherwise i would never lose weight
Big hugs to you all xxxxxxxxxxxx

Glad you got it sorted!

Karren im so sorry for you... how could your CDC not tell you that..?
Mine also never said a word when i last talk to her and its suprising as usually she tells me if something its not allowed.. - luckly i haven't got those watre flavoring yet.. Sometimes i think that all the CDC care about its the profit they get of what they sell..

Back