• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Mix a mousse - What did I do wrong?

I have tried to make summer berry jelly with mix a mousse and water flavouring today.

I put the water in the fridge for a couple of hours before I started, then mixed in the MaM with a braun stick blender. It has mixed in fine without any lumps but it hasn't set, it just looks like water with a thick white froth on the top:cry:

I'm not sure where i've gone wrong?

Help me please

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
I used a pint of water and 2 scoops of MaM. I'm thinking it was the water, it was in the fridge for a couple of hours and maybe not cold enough.

Is it a complete loss with this one or can I rescue it by putting it in the freezer? I'm assuming all the gelatine is in the froth on top so i'll have to bin it.

150ml of water per scoop .... so you used too much water!!!

Think you could try freezing it into ice lolly moulds and having it as summer berry ice lolly!!

oh pooh! I followed the instructions on here too. I don't have any lolly moulds either.

Ah well, i'll try again. If i use 3.5 scoops, that means i'll get less than 3 jelly's from a tub? I think i'll stick to making mousse with it.

lancslass53

Silver Member
i use a pint of water with 2 scoops and its absolutely fine, i dont put water in freezer either, i make a jug up every morning and make jelly late afternoon, maybe it wasnt quite cold enough :D

Hi Their my recipe says add a tea spoon of summer berry water flavouring to half a litre of water along with a few drops of red food colouring, add 1.5-2 scoops of mix a mousse blend in bleander once set you will have a mousse type froth on top this is completely normal I made it last night and it was great this was the first time that I had made it,tonight I had ice-lollies

Yep - 500mls water and 2 scoops of mix a mousse with 1 teaspoon of flavouring works for me. When you blend it some of the mix a mousse might stick to sides so scrape it off and whizz again. I put water in freezer for 30 mins if I want to make mousse but didn't need to for the jelly!

Thanks everyone, I left it in the fridge and checked it last night and it had set so i'm guessing I needed the water to be colder, I've just had some of it for breakfast this morning. I was going to have all of it but I was full up after half :D

It's yummy!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Cambridge Weight Plan 1
Cambridge Weight Plan 15
Exante 1
Cambridge Weight Plan 8
Exante 1