Mix-a-Mousse

Chelles

So I brought some mix-a-moose today and am after some advise on how to make it and the shakes it goes with best!

On the label it says something like minimum 150ml of ice cold water. Does this mean I need to use that or can use the normal 247ml?

Really looking forward to trying it but don't want to mess things up on my first attempt!!

I always use about 250ml of water, and it has to be very cold! Blend it for ages too or you may get lumps and feel a bit disillusioned as no lie, the lumps are godawful.

Let us know how you like your moose. I like mine braying in the woods ;)

I've added up to 250ml water before but that can make your mousse a bit too runny. I like to use around 200ml.

Put the water you're going to use in the freezer for around half an hour before hand. Another tip - put the level scoopful of mix-a-mousse into the packet you're going to use and mix it well in the packet before adding it to the chilled water.

And yes - you need to blend this stuff for a while - a good minute.

To get it to set, you can put the bowl of sludge in the fridge for 5 minutes (I stick it in the freezer cos I'm mega impatient) - and hey presto, 5 minutes later, it's ready for eating. :p

I too was impatient and rushed and made it with 250ml of water as soon as I noticed the first reply! I blended it well - prob over a min

Let's see what the outcome is! I'm guessing it can't be made up say in the morning to be consumed in the evening due to the whole loss of nutrition thing?

I'm liking the other tips tho and will be trying it all out on the next moose!

My guess is you're right, the degrading of nutrients is probably an issue and it's not to be recommended that you make it ahead of time. But I also have a feeling it wouldn't hold together very well over the course of several hours anyway - it would probably start to separate into a sort of curds and whey affair, LOL.

Hope it turned out ok with the 250ml. Mine's always been nicely firm but I do tend to leave it for up to 45 mins in the fridge :)

Thread drift, but I remember ages ago someone posted a thread called 'mouse'. Quite a few replied to say that mice are not allowed on CWP and are probably not very good anyway.

Lol!!

Well the verdict is the moose turned out perfect! Yes I do admit it stayed in the fridge for longer than it should of (about 1hr) but has turned out very tummy!!

Thread drift, but I remember ages ago someone posted a thread called 'mouse'. Quite a few replied to say that mice are not allowed on CWP and are probably not very good anyway.

Probably not wise to blend a mouse for a minute, that's for sure... :D

Moral of the story - if you find a mouse in your mix-a-mousse, feed it to your moose... ;););)

Glad you enjoyed it, Chelles!

Lily said:
Probably not wise to blend a mouse for a minute, that's for sure... :D

Moral of the story - if you find a mouse in your mix-a-mousse, feed it to your moose... ;););)

Glad you enjoyed it, Chelles!

LMFAO! Love it!

LOL

You guys crack me up!

Going to try my moose for the first time today.

Got lots of choch shakes (and a few strawberry) to try it with this week... Think I'll be okay?
P.s don't have a blender either - this will all be my own arm work!! x

Back