Mix to Match

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Lady Mhoram, 5 June 2009 Social URL.

1. Lady Mhoram

Lady Mhoram Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st10lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(10%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hello,

I'm new here. I was just wondering if anyone had much luck losing weight following Mix 2 Match. I am starting it this week as I think I'll find it much easier to stick to than Green and Red days. I always have cereal for breakfast, but then find it hard to think of lunches for Red days. Has anyone tried it and found it effective or otherwise?

Also, can I mix Green days and Red days in with Mix 2 Match (i.e can I have 5 days a week Mix 2 Match and 2 days Green in one week?) or do I need to have all days Mixed?

I assume I can still have 2 HEA and 2 HEBs? I find it a bit confusing!

Any advice would be GREAT.

Thank you x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

Mix to max is good for flexibility but SW advise that you follow it only when you have got a real grip of the red and green plans.

You do have 2 A's and 2 B's and they can be from red or green days. You can also do a couple of M2M days and then red or green or EE days, it doesn't have to be a full week.

You would probably be better off following EE to be honest. Are you joining a group or going it alone?

4. Lady Mhoram

Lady Mhoram Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st10lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(10%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've done Green and Red days since October and lost 2 pounds most weeks, but I find it hard to stick too because I find red lunches hard and green dinners get repetative, especially as my boyfriend isn't keen on Quorn.

I think I'll give Mix 2 Match a go for a couple of weeks and see what happens. If I can get it to work it will make life so much easier food wise :)

I'm not part of a group at the moment, although I was unti recently. I hope to join again after I change jobs in September, but the travelling I do makes it difficult to commit to class every week - I am often away overnight.

Thanks for the help :)

5. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

I must admit, I'm not a fan of red lunches, I do mostly green days - why not have a neutral lunch? I tend to have eggs or something if I'm trying to stay neutral.
    I don't eat quorn at all, you can do loads of yummy stuff on green without it!
    Well done on your losses so far.

6. Lady Mhoram

Lady Mhoram Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st10lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(10%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Eggs are a good idea, thanks. It's hard where I always have lunch at work because I can't heat anything up, so I tend to have to have meat salads on a red day. Gets a bit dull!

I will go back to Green and Red if Mix 2 Match doesn't work, but I've got my fingers crossed. Will let you know how I get on with it. :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.