Mixing techniques

Hi guys, :p

Does anybody have any mixing techniques for mixing the powdered shakes and soups with water? I use a big mug n a fork put there's always lumps which puts me off. :(

I'm taking shakes to work too, i have access to hot/cold water and a microwave but i still cant seem to mix them right.:confused:

Any tips greatly appreciated!

Leona;)

I use a hand blender, always mixes them perfectly for me. Have seen that some people use those little hand held milk frother thingys, you can pop those in your bag and mix anywhere!

I find the hand blender the best. And you can halve the choc and vanilla shakes and mix with coffee so you can "2 for 1".... i know a lot of people have bought cheap blenders to have in desk drawer.

Cambridge whisks are great and really quite powerful, so get one of these for work, it will get rid of those clumps :) also the soups just use a fork and remember to let it stand for a minute or two to thicken up a bit.....

At home the smoothie to go from argos is great, its about £20 i use this myself

I use a milk frother for hot shakes, theyre brilliant and take up no room if youre taking them to work

rumbly used the milk wisk thing (battery operated thing) and im trying to get my hands on one of those for when im out and about... rumbly only has the mint choc shake cold, so i know it works on cold stuff....
not sure about anything else...
i use a hand blender (bar mix type) for all of mine. :)

I use a hand blender, always mixes them perfectly for me. Have seen that some people use those little hand held milk frother thingys, you can pop those in your bag and mix anywhere!

Hi guys thanks for the replies! :D I had a look for that milk frother thing online and it turns out Ikea sell them for 99p! Bargain! :p I'm gonna cop me one of those for work and ask my CDC for a mixer, hopefully she'll have one.

I do own a cheap hand blender but the whisk part has this chunky plastic around it so it never reaches the bottom of the bowl. :eek:

I've just ordered one of the Aerolatte blenders with a travel case for 8.99 on Amazon (Ikea is miles away for me .. would cost more in petrol to get there).....one of the review says he makes gravy with it so the shakes should be no match :D

I do own a cheap hand blender but the whisk part has this chunky plastic around it so it never reaches the bottom of the bowl. :eek:

Me too and mine works absolutely fine
xx

Back