mmmm getting bored now

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by bubbles, 20 March 2011 Social URL.

1. bubbles

bubbles Regular Member

Diet:
    atkins
    hi all hope your all well? ive stuck to atkins now for nearly two months and was really pleased but im struggling because the last month ive not lost a pound at all, nor have i lost inches, i dont have time to keep posting my daily food intake but ive not come out of ketosis, im way under 15-20g of carbs a day! only thing im not religious on is the water and greens, but surely being in ketosis is enough? i didnt eat any greens doing cambridge yet lost every single week. no chance of me doing cd again but this diet is costing me a fortune and if im not losing i might have to try something else - just wondering if anyone has experienced this before, thanks! ps how much water a day do u drink? thanks x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. *Michael*

*Michael* Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st3lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st8lb(25.13%)
    Diet:
    Low carb, now calorie counting
    Hi Bubbles,

I'm kind of the same as you. I stuck to a fairly rigorous low carb/induction lifestyle for about 5 months. I've no regrets, its really worked for both weight loss and for improving my diet generally! However, I've found my dedication waning over the last couple of weeks - I'd also stopped losing.

Consequently, I've decided to take a couple of weeks off from induction-level low carbing and see how I feel after that. I'm not giving up, just moving to high OWL/pre-maintenance kind of level.

Maybe you could try moving up the OWL ladder as well? I agree, food prices have really gone up alot lately. For me, its opened up a lot of other less expensive veggies/food generally.

Also your body can get used to dieting. It's clever, it can hold on to fat/water if it thinks that there's not much about. Perhaps a higher OWL level would help with this too?

Oh also, I'd like to add that I haven't gained much over in the couple of weeks since moving away from induction. I'm maybe +1lb up, but I think this can be explained by daily/weekly fluctuation. Don't be frightened to move away from induction (I was at first) for a while.

Good luck :)

4. bubbles

bubbles Regular Member

Diet:
    atkins
    thanks for the reply, maybe your right its just sooo frustrating!! you think your doing everything right but nothing is so upsetting. I will give anything a go! im wondering if i should cut down the fat slightly, im sorry i know people say you should eat high fat/not worry about calories but i dont believe u have to eat high fat to loose in ketosis only because of doing vlcd's and losing fine without eating fat?! wont cut it out altogether but maybe stop the cheese/cream etc!

5. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    You may have a problem with cheese love, many do including myself, too much cheese stalls me every time

6. JoanneM

JoanneM Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3lb(14.85%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    Are you eating or drinking anything with aspartame? That can cause stalls as well.

Also if youre not eating enough greens but still having 15-20g carbs you might actually be eating too many carbs. Regardless of how little veg I eat I still only leave myself 8 for other things.

And I cannot emphasise just how important water is. You really have to keep your intake up or youre not going to flush the fat out.

7. Marysu

Marysu Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.5%)
    I also didn't lose anything for a whole month (feb) but stuck with it and moved to OWL and the losses have been excellent, considering i'm very close to goal.

8. LVLLM

LVLLM Gold Member

Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Carb Cycling
    Yes move to OWL it helped me :D

9. skinnylala

skinnylala Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    weightwatchers
    whats owl??

10. LVLLM

LVLLM Gold Member

Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Carb Cycling
    ongoing weight loss. you up your carbs by 5 g per week (or longer if you feel you need to) and start adding nuts/berries etc.
    have you got the book?

Im upped by 5 g carbs and found i lost best when i was on around 35-40g carbs

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.