mmmm getting bored now

bubbles

hi all hope your all well? ive stuck to atkins now for nearly two months and was really pleased but im struggling because the last month ive not lost a pound at all, nor have i lost inches, i dont have time to keep posting my daily food intake but ive not come out of ketosis, im way under 15-20g of carbs a day! only thing im not religious on is the water and greens, but surely being in ketosis is enough? i didnt eat any greens doing cambridge yet lost every single week. no chance of me doing cd again but this diet is costing me a fortune and if im not losing i might have to try something else - just wondering if anyone has experienced this before, thanks! ps how much water a day do u drink? thanks x

Hi Bubbles,

I'm kind of the same as you. I stuck to a fairly rigorous low carb/induction lifestyle for about 5 months. I've no regrets, its really worked for both weight loss and for improving my diet generally! However, I've found my dedication waning over the last couple of weeks - I'd also stopped losing.

Consequently, I've decided to take a couple of weeks off from induction-level low carbing and see how I feel after that. I'm not giving up, just moving to high OWL/pre-maintenance kind of level.

Maybe you could try moving up the OWL ladder as well? I agree, food prices have really gone up alot lately. For me, its opened up a lot of other less expensive veggies/food generally.

Also your body can get used to dieting. It's clever, it can hold on to fat/water if it thinks that there's not much about. Perhaps a higher OWL level would help with this too?

Oh also, I'd like to add that I haven't gained much over in the couple of weeks since moving away from induction. I'm maybe +1lb up, but I think this can be explained by daily/weekly fluctuation. Don't be frightened to move away from induction (I was at first) for a while.

Good luck :)

thanks for the reply, maybe your right its just sooo frustrating!! you think your doing everything right but nothing is so upsetting. I will give anything a go! im wondering if i should cut down the fat slightly, im sorry i know people say you should eat high fat/not worry about calories but i dont believe u have to eat high fat to loose in ketosis only because of doing vlcd's and losing fine without eating fat?! wont cut it out altogether but maybe stop the cheese/cream etc!

You may have a problem with cheese love, many do including myself, too much cheese stalls me every time

Are you eating or drinking anything with aspartame? That can cause stalls as well.

Also if youre not eating enough greens but still having 15-20g carbs you might actually be eating too many carbs. Regardless of how little veg I eat I still only leave myself 8 for other things.

And I cannot emphasise just how important water is. You really have to keep your intake up or youre not going to flush the fat out.

I also didn't lose anything for a whole month (feb) but stuck with it and moved to OWL and the losses have been excellent, considering i'm very close to goal.

Yes move to OWL it helped me :D

ongoing weight loss. you up your carbs by 5 g per week (or longer if you feel you need to) and start adding nuts/berries etc.
have you got the book?

Im upped by 5 g carbs and found i lost best when i was on around 35-40g carbs

Back