Mmmm Yummy syn free pancakes

I like the idea of syn free ice cream too! xxx

Just tried to do one of these but it fell apart (it stuck to the pan and wouldn't flip so I was trying to loosen the edges!!). Maybe I cooked it for too long before flipping - how long should I do each side?

Tasted lovely though - think I just need to practice!! Had it with sliced banana topped with cinamon :D

i've made these now also and thought they were lovely, even made them for my mum and she enjoyed them also mmmmmm.

lovely pancakes

I amended the earlier recipe a bit, to make all you need is:
1 egg per pancake

1 heaped tbsp quark
2-3 tsp sweetener

3-4 Drops of vanilla essence

First seperate the white from the yolk and put into separate bowls, Whisk the egg white until fluffy and add the sweetener, In the other bowl add the vanilla essence and quark to the yolk then fold the mixture into the egg white.

Heat a frying pan with frylight, add the mix and spread as you would a normal pancake after a few mins flip over (But do be careful they are much more delicate than a regular pancake)

To make a nice sauce segment an orange into a pan, squeeze in the juice of a lemon, add a few drops of orange essence and a few teaspoons of sweetener to taste. Just heat through and then if you are making a few pancakes you can drop them in the orange pan to keep warm till they're all ready.

By the way - I always end up with 2 or 3 bits when I turn them over, so they don't look pretty but they taste fantastic!

wow! i read and ran last time, but thought with it being pancake day tomorrow id give them a whirl! and i wasnt disappointed. i didn't have any vanilla essence, but it was lovely without it. i had mine with raspberries and vanilla choc muller!! xxx

I tried this a couple of weeks back and it just tasted like a sweet omlette... not a nice experience. :(
What did I do wrong?
EDIT: Just tried another one with the recipe above, and didn't find that much less like an omlette!!!

Last edited:
Just made these for me and my family - they are big pancake lovers - they went down a treat - better than the usual ones! Shall upload a photo in a bit :) Thanks for the recipie! We didn't have any vanilla essence, but were fine without it too! My brother makes pancakes every other day using a ready made pancake mix - he couldn't tell any difference!

4363321938_5042eb9bc9.jpg

Re the above post about them tasting like a sweet ommelette, the first one we did tasted more eggy, but then we made them a tad thinner and they tasted exactly like a pancake should.

Last edited:
so I am a person who never really experiments with food but when you're craving something sweet then something has gotta be done right? and what better way than these pancakes!
Easy to make and taste good (although not like regular pancakes)...i even went out to buy a smaller frying pan for when I did make them..
Thanks very much for the recipe :)

Oh wow!!! I'm so trying these pancakes! Possibly with banana and cinammon. :D

just tried to make these... didnt go to plan :eek: mine stuck to the pan so i found it difficult to turn it over lol... it ended up in alot of pieces. but it still tasted nice when done.. think i just need alot of practise.

wow fantastic just read and made yum yum did it without quark as havent any but still fab many thank yous:D

I'm gonna have to try this recipe as i love having pancakes on a regular basis! Will let you know how they turn out

I just tried this with a non-stick frying pan. They tasted like ... vanilla omelette :(

OO I can't wait to try this, I think I may chop some banana up and fry it with fry light, sprinkled with cinnamon and artificial sweetner - love love love sweet stuff

Back