Mobile Internet access... any good??

Starlight

Gold Member
Has anyone got Mobile Internet access, you know where you plug the memory stick in the laptop and get access via your mobile company.

Since Im down staying with mum a fair bit just now, it would be great being able to use my laptop, shes also in desperate need of a wee holiday and it would be great to get online if Im away.

Just wondering if theyre any good? I can get one with Orange for £10 a month

Hi Sandy,
I have an Orange one for work. It's fine for normal browsing etc :)
If you watch a lot of TV online etc, you might need to check the usage allowance etc
Think they're great and would probably be idea for you :)
xx

I have a TMobile one and I have used it to chat on MSN whilst travelling on a train from Swansea to Bristol (obviously not in the tunnel!) whilst also browsing and posting on a forum. They are as good as home internet so long as you have a good signal strength

I took my 3 one back the day after I got it. When I had problems with it it soon became clear that customer service was non existant and they were claiming masts they didn't own so people would buy there products in areas where they actually have no coverage! I was not pleased. Coincidentally, while we were in the shop taking it back a guy brought in a 3 skype phone. He had also had the same trouble and was not at all happy. It took the guy in the shop just short of 2 hours to actually get any sense out of 3 and even then he was left scratching his head! He cancelled our contract and sorted out the other guy (who had pointed us in the direction of Tmobile for our usb modem) and said they would stop dealing with 3 as they are so problematic! I have never heard of a satisfied customer of 3!

It's good for logging into social networking websites like Facebook, but usually for other internet activities, it's not as good.

Oops, didn't read the post above! I just meant general activities that you might want to use normally on a computer with internet. Mind you, it stops me from having to go on the computer to log onto facebook, as I can do it from the comfort of my bed :)

x

Back