::mOd-kArEn79's DiArY::

Yes it is! Normality becomes a relief when you have something so consuming going on in your life. Sometimes people stop seeing the person and just see the 'situation'. You just want to punch those people!

Had a little meltdown this morning at work. Feel a bit better for it. Have been told to cancel all clients for today, so will just stay in the office.

Have already mentally punched 3 people in my 1st hour! Raaaaaaaa!!!

mod-karen79 said:
Had a little meltdown this morning at work. Feel a bit better for it. Have been told to cancel all clients for today, so will just stay in the office.

Have already mentally punched 3 people in my 1st hour! Raaaaaaaa!!!

Just read that back. I meant punched them in my mind not punched them in a mental way!!!

Ha ha I knew what you meant the first time but when you put it like that I got a brill image in my mind!

monday 10th december 2011

breakfast:
hi-fi bar (B) and banana

lunch: innocent veg pot moussaka (2.5 syns)

dinner: cauliflower cheese (5 syns + 2xA) with jacket potato and 2 laughing cow deli blue cheese (3 syns)

snacks: banana, hi-fi bar (B), 1 toffifee (2 syns)

syns:12.5

Last edited:
tuesday 11th december 2011

breakfast:
hi-fi bar (B) and ryvita minis (B)

lunch: cauliflower cheese (5 syns + 2xA) with jacket potato

dinner: homemade scotch broth (carrot, leek, potato, onion, lentils, barley and veg stock)

snacks: 2 finger kit kat (5.5 syns)

syns: 10.5

Last edited:
i wouldn't eat it on its own, but as cauliflower cheese its BEAUTIFUL!!!

can't get enough of it at the moment - has become one of my favourite dinners.......speed food aswell :)

not sure what to have for dinner tonight though. have no HE's left and don't want too many carbs as weigh-in day tomorrow.

That's funny Karen cus I don't like cauliflower either but I will eat cauliflower cheese! Do you make it yourself?

Yes - I just boil cauliflower for no more than 5 minutes, so it still has some bite, then stick it in an oven dish. I make up an asda cheese sauce (10 syns). It's a packet mix you just add boiling water to, but I don't add the full amount as like the sauce thick. Then I add 2 A's of grated Cathedral City light to the sauce and pour over the cauli once it's melted. I top it with another 2 A's of grated cheese and bake in the oven.

Makes 2 generous and filling portions and not a minging quark/fromage frais taste in sight. Just pure cheesy goodness :)

blufizz said:
have i read that right..2x hea cheese in the sauce and another 2x hea on top?? :confused:

Yeah. I do green so get 2 A's. I then split the caulflower cheese into 2 portions, so works out as 5 syns plus 2 A's per portion :)

I tried using Quark once and I was NOT impressed. I also made the mistake of trying a little bit on its own and it was NASTY!!!

Taz said:
I tried using Quark once and I was NOT impressed. I also made the mistake of trying a little bit on its own and it was NASTY!!!

Gross!!! I also made a moussaka once using quark and egg (to set it) with a bit of cheese. It was rancid!!! I'd rather use my syns to make it taste normal :)

Taz - quark is gorgeous if you add sweetner, a dollop of lemon curd and crushed meringue..... or just sweetner and strawberries x

Louise24 said:
Taz - quark is gorgeous if you add sweetner, a dollop of lemon curd and crushed meringue..... or just sweetner and strawberries x

Yeah I like 0% Greek yogurt sweetened too, but it should be banned from all hot savoury dishes! It's just wrong on so many levels!

Well done! Five and
Half is awesome cx

I think quark is an aquired taste, and I'm not sure I can be asked to aquire it.

Q

Back