mokey30's Refeed Diary....I'm going to do this!!

Monkeyyyyyyyyyyyy.................... where did you manage to buy pepperdew peppers??????

I have been looking everywhere for these, my bf loves them but can't find em anywhere!!

p.s ... menu looking good today :)

Oh fantastic find in ASDA!! They are a jar of Pepperdew mild (though they have a good kick) whole sweet piquante peppers. i snapped them up because i've only ever seen them before in Marks and Spencers and Morrisons, but both have them in olive oil and stuffed with cheese (though very delish, not sure refeed friendly lol). The ASDA ones are in vinegar!!
the jar is 165g weight (drained) and 100g is 113kcal 0.1g satfat. i only have one or two with my salads. SO GOOD!!!

Thank you, tea was fantabulous!! Spaghetti and meatballs tomorrow....uummmmmm!! x

Wednesday 5th May

Day 5

Breakfast - half maintenance chocolate drink with 200ml skimmed milk

Lunch - 4 small new potatoes (cold) with red onion, half green pepper, celery, spinach and carrot, mixed with Phillidelphia light Garlic & herbs

Tea - 4oz lean steak mince made into meatballs (with 1 egg) cooked with red onion, red pepper, courgette and half tin chopped tomatoes. Served with 2.5oz (cooked weight) Spaghetti
Dessert !! - other half maintenance chocolate, made thickly with 4 strawberries

Snack - 2 slice hovis seed sensation toasted, with extra light Philidelphia

Drinks - 4 litres water, 2 mugs Green Tea, 500ml bottle of 7up free, two glasses 7up free

Feeling really stodgy and full up today, though i have major hunger pangs when leading up to meal times..... we're not in Ketosis anymore Toto!!

Both me and the hubby are still devoid of any energy..... when will that come back?? :cry:

Still walking....walking walking walking

worried about tomorrow as i'm leaving the house at 6am, won't be back in for 12 hours and there will be a buffet lunch provided...... still toying with the idea of having a choc maintenance drink in the morning and taking a bar with me in case there is nothing on the buffet refeed-friendly....... or take a sandwich, but will offend my hosts by not touching lunch....

What to do what to do....:confused:

Last edited:
Personally, i'd take my own lunch. Im sure they wouldnt be offended, theyre not to know anything, for all they know you could have an allergy to something and so you always come prepared with your own food, safer. Or, your on a strict diet, calorie controlled, by bringing your own you know whats in it etc ..... im certain they are not going to be offended :)

Haha I laughed at 'took dog and Husband for a walk'

There are lots of bugs going around at the minute sweetie. My baby has a tummy bug, and a cold. I felt so rough last night but better today, although my nose is running and I've a bit of a cough. So maybe you both are coming down with something.

Your menu looks fantastic, and you're doing brilliantly. I was told you can drink as much diet sodas as you like. Although I was also told that they can sometimes make you hungry if you drink too many. They are way too sweet for me at the minute, I can't stomach them.

The lack of energy could be you coming down with something. Take things easy for a few days, and maybe you could take some vitamin C or a multivitamin? The carbs will most probably be leaving you feeling stodgy and full up. It may take a while for your body to get used to them again.

If I was you I would drink the shake before I went, and take a maintenance bar incase of emergency. You won't offend your hosts! Tell them (if they ask) that you are on a healthy eating plan. I have been to so many functions over the past 8 months, and no one said a thing when I didn't indulge. Sometimes we worry unnecessarily.

I really do hope you both get some of that energy back, and feel better tomorrow

X

If I was you I would drink the shake before I went, and take a maintenance bar incase of emergency. You won't offend your hosts! Tell them (if they ask) that you are on a healthy eating plan. I have been to so many functions over the past 8 months, and no one said a thing when I didn't indulge. Sometimes we worry unnecessarily.

I really do hope you both get some of that energy back, and feel better tomorrow

X

i don't know why, but i felt more comfortable refusing food when TFR!! demons hey!!

Thanks hun, think its bath and early night for me... x

Yeah demons is right! I have so many bloody demons! I think maybe that's because you now know you could have what's on offer because you're not in ketosis!

Good idea, relax and treat yourself, you deserve it.

X

Hope you got on ok at your function today KT. Thinking of you.

X

Thursday 6th May

Day 6

Breakfast - Maintenance bar

Lunch - 3 quarters wholemeal bun with boiled egg and salad. 8 cherry tomatoes, cucumber, red onion.

Tea - 2oz chicken and 2oz prawns, cooked in pan with garlic, shallots, small tin tomatoes, red pepper, chilli, courgette, broccoli, 3oz brown rice
Dessert - Weight watchers vanilla creamed rice with 8 strawberries

Snack - 1 slice toasted hovis seed sensation with extra light philly

Drinks - 4 litres water, 1 cup coffee with teaspoon semi-skimmed milk, 2 cups Green Tea, 500ml bottle of cherry diet coke

well as you know i had a buffet lunch looming in front of me today! Following advice from you guys i had my maintenance bar for breakfast which i ate on the car on the way down. I had made myself a lovely sandwich, chicken and salad, and then....... left it at home!!!

So we got into the buffet and i was very worried...... sausage rolls, breaded chicken with mayo, scotch eggs, cakes, cheese flan, ok, not looking good....what about the sandwiches..... Chicken/bacon/mayo, tuna/mayo, salmon/mayo, corned beef, cheese savory...... oh good god, i was sweating now, what was i going to do..... then as if by magic i noticed hidden down one side, plain boiled egg salad buns YES!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!
The sandwiches were made from wholemeal buns, cut into quarters, so i had three bits, then helped myself to the 'garnish' bits, which were red onion, cucumber and full cherry tomatoes!!! I was stuffed!!!
The cakes got wafted in front of me, but i wasn't even tempted!! My old nemesis the sausage roll did not even appeal!!! I think i deserve to give myself a huge pat on the back!!! :happy036:

on the journey home my collegues started to discuss tea because they were feeling hungry..... one decided to go to Joe Riggatonis (Italian) and the other was trying to decide between MacDonalds and KFC. I couldn't help feeling smug, knowing that i wasn't even the least bit hungry, and was going to cook a fantastic rice dish!!!

Got home at 7.30, cooked tea, ate my portion, then boxed up my husband's portion and walked the dog to his workplace for him to have his tea!!!!

I am so pleased with myself today!!! I really thought it would be a huge test which i would probably fail, but it wasn't! It was just a normal day, in which i made normal but healthy food choices!! I didn't crave the pastry or the cakes. I wasn't envious of the others having tea out or take-away!! I feel BLOODY GOOD today!!! :bliss:

But, as I was up at 5am and have not stopped all day, i am knackered!! Bed for me :zz: night all............ lets hope we wake up tomorrow with a decent government...

P.S. The dog got my sandwich for tea tonight lol

Last edited:
:) Glad you managed the buffet alright sweet xxx

WooHoo!!!! Well done Kt!!!!! You well deserve to feel proud of yourself ..... there really is always a way round these things for those of us who care to find it. Good confidence booster - well done :):) xx

Friday 7th May

Weighed myself this morning and I appear to have lost 3lb.......YAY!!!

Day 7

Breakfast - half a Maintenance Chocolate whip with 200ml skimmed milk

Lunch - 1 slice Hovis Seed sensation with 2 slices BM Chicken breast, tomato pickle, spinach, red onion, beef tomato, cucumber. Side portions of Red Pepper, Pepperdew pepper and cherry tomatoes.

Tea - cod steak with topping of philly light garlic & herbs, wrapped in parma ham and baked, roasted new potatoes, roasted red & yellow pepper, shallots and garlic. Dessert of merangue, strawberries, blueberries, low fat fromarge frais, walnuts and cinnamon. All washed down with a bottle of moet!! LUSH

Drinks - 4 litres water, 3 cups Green Tea, 500ml bottle of diet lemonade, half a bottle of champagne, one vodka lime and soda..... and a full bottle of rose wine.....doh!

Last edited:
Well done on your loss sweetie :)

Oh, and enjoy your evening tonight and your champagne :)

Well done on your loss hon ... hope you had a brill night ;) xx

now i remember why i don't usually drink much...

so ill today!! :wave_cry:
I have only just pulled myself around, i have been so ill!!!

We had a really enjoyable meal, the cod wrapped in parma ham was so bloody good (maybe not the best for refeed day 7, but oh well)
the bottle of champagne was gorgeous, we had it with strawberries in the glass, i highly recommend this!! Julia Roberts was on to something in Pretty Woman!!! ;)

Anyhoo, the moet led to rose wine and vodka!! We got married last year in cyprus and late on our wedding night us and our guests traipsed down to the strip of bars near our hotel and sang on the karaoke! Well last night after champagne and wine we summoned some of our wedding guests over and popped up to the local for a spot of karaoke!! My husband and I replicated our wedding night song - elton and kiki dee don't go breaking my heart!!! I had copious amounts of wine, and i vaguely recall singing simply the best to my hubbie!!! The rest is a blur! I woke up this morning with a full face of make-up still on, and still dressed in my tights!! Obviously they proved too difficult to remove last night!! There was also tell tale signs that i may have thrown up............ so i think i'll be laying off the booze for a while!!!

Anyway, refeed over, so i'm going to sign off here and pop on over to the maintenance section......... I will have to admit to you all over there what i ate today.....:eek:

Thank you to everyone who supported me and gave help and advice whilst on my refeed week, you are all big stars! I just hope i can maintain this new me!! ;)

Katy x x x :D

Oh dear!! :eek: - perhaps not the best first alcohol night after LT but hey .... I hope you enjoyed it - or what you can remember of it LOL!

See you on maintenance :) xx

:giggle: I had to chuckle! See ya over the other side! :)

Wooohooo congratulations on your 3lbs lost KT! That's just fantastic, you must be over the moon with that great loss.

Your anniversary night sounded brilliant! The best night's always end in a blur! Your wedding sounds fabulous! Any pictures? I've always said I would have loved to have got married somewhere gorgeous and hot. Aww at you singing to your hubby, that's so romantic. Yep that's what happens - You have one drink, enjoy it, then it gives you a taste for so much more! Ah well why not, it only happens once a week!

Aww you've left me and have moved on to maintenance :( I'll stay here for another week, then move over and catch up on how you've been doing. Hope you're doing well, and thank you for keeping me company in here!

xxxx

Wooohooo congratulations on your 3lbs lost KT! That's just fantastic, you must be over the moon with that great loss.

Your anniversary night sounded brilliant! The best night's always end in a blur! Your wedding sounds fabulous! Any pictures? I've always said I would have loved to have got married somewhere gorgeous and hot. Aww at you singing to your hubby, that's so romantic. Yep that's what happens - You have one drink, enjoy it, then it gives you a taste for so much more! Ah well why not, it only happens once a week!

Aww you've left me and have moved on to maintenance :( I'll stay here for another week, then move over and catch up on how you've been doing. Hope you're doing well, and thank you for keeping me company in here!

xxxx

BETSY!! So sorry, haven't been on for days!

lost another pound this week, but in all honesty, I don't know how??!! I'm not doing too well at the moment, i have quickly slipped back into my snacking ways (and had another very heavy alcohol fueled night on monday!!!)

Don't come over to the dark side ;) too soon..... you are doing so well, i wish i had your ability and will power!!!

I will send you some photos soon, they are on a memory stick SOMEWHERE in my house!!!

Miss you though, good luck hun xxx :D

Hey guys!! :) ... I know it was said in jest but maintenance is hardly 'the dark side' :eek: ....... I'm not denying it's hard - it's a B***CH in fact BUT - it's where we all want to be when all said and done.

Moving to the maintenance forum is an achievement in itself ..... admittedly it's where the hard work starts but it's far better than where we were months ago.

I'm not having a 'go' KT, I know you were joking - just sometimes it helps to be positive and see the brighter side of things.

Looking forward to seeing those photos!!! :):) xx

Back