MONDAY - Let's do it Hour by Hour

Ali believe me that I wasn't criticising you in any way - I was just wow'ing at being in a size 10 -- and yes I do know what you mean by squeezing into them. I had looked at your bmi and seen where it was - it was complimenting you on being that size honest.
:flowers:

Hi Everyone!

Welcome Madandirish.... I find this site a lifesaver!!!!! and it is good to here about everyones success...............

I have doen 2 1/2 litres so far, but am wondering if I should stop as I don't want it to make much of a difference tonight on the scales! any suggestions!!!!!!!!!!!

hey guys i hope i can provide some inspiration on this monday to help you all along your day especially for anyone who is struggling. I believe i am quite strong mentally and so will share with you some of my mentalities in hitting my goal.

1. when you think about food you really want that is not good for you, think about the specific item hard and then ask your self over and over again do you really want this a tiny bit of food. good taste is no where near the happiness you get from not eating it mentally and physically.

2.look at old photos of yourself and ask yourself were you happy like this over and over again.

3.keep yourself busy. everyone enjoys going to the cinema or go to places where you wouldnt normally eat. some examples i go to are bowling alley, ice skating, theatre, swimming, playstation games(like buzz), old films, music concerts, comedy clubs, live music clubs or just buy a wii!! even if you have never been or dont think you will like it go!!!!!

i will stop now but if any one wants any more tips just ask me because i have written dozens down!!!

I am taking alittle strain this afternoon. Just walked passed one of the girls having marmite on toast the smell nearly drove me insane. I love Marmite and I just wanted to grab her toast and run:eek:
I didn't thank goodness!
Why is it so easy some days and others it seems the thought of actually tasting something nice is the only thought you have.

I know I need to keep the chin up keep smiling and stay positive but sometimes these small things make one feel like its not possible. I don't want that little devil on my shoulder telling me I can't.

That's a tough one tange, I love marmite toast too and I have to make it for my daughter, it is hell, the times I have been tempted to lick the knife!!

Its weird isn't it Ali? Somethings you love, but can quite happily do without and then one small thing like Marmite nearly does me in.

Ah well its weigh in tonight I am sure I will feel motivated and ready for action again after that. Probably doesn't help that today for the first time I have felt cold all day!

I will stop moaning now and get on with it. Just going to focus on my goal, and why I am doing this. Not like marmite will not be there in 6 months time.

I've been to a funeral this afternoon and because I was worried about needing the loo during the service I avoided the water this morning so I've got a lot to make up.

I've got to say that the food after the funeral looked and smelled gorgeous as people were tucking in all around me --- I had 2 bottles of still water.

Welcome Madandirish,

There no better feeling then losing weight and feeling soooooo much healthier! This site keeps you going, together we are here to support one another, and relate to each other's experiences.

Good luck, you will be fine, just remember one thing, when you used to eat food, you would only get satisfaction for a few minutes chewing on it thinking how lovely it tastes, until you swallow it and thats it, the satisfaction has gone. When losing constant weight week in week out, that is there for you for as long as you can maintain it (you are in control) and that will give you the greatest pleasure then anything else in the world.

I know, been totally obese for the last 16 years, and am now 4-5 stones away from my target. :)

Hi All,

I am sorry to be saying this, but i am starting to feel really hungry today all of a sudden, :(, feel like an Indian curry, haven't tasted that since Sept 7th and miss it sooooo much.

Thought i would share that with you.

Shalini, I am feeling your pain today believe me. But you know you have been going strong for nearly 5 months how good is that. I have nothing but admiration for you.
Hang in there and remind yourself of why you are doing this. I have done it a million times today.

Thank you Tange, I know it's soooo hard at times and i do keep myself motivated especially with the MM site! Everyone on here really keeps me motivated! Thank you all :):)

H peeps - seems to be a lot of us feeling hungry, or thinking of things we love, or smelling something lovely and wanting it.. All day long, I have wanted a nice roast turkey Sandwich with cheese, lettuce and tomato on lovely wheat bread. (Sorry of talking dirty. :D)

The last two days have been a bit tough for me in that regard too.....but I keep telling myself ---one day, I will have them again. BUt ti does at moments feel like an awfully long time until I will. But hey ho. I got myself in to this mess, I gotta get myself out of it. <sigh>

Well, onward and upward they say! And tonite's weigh in will hopefully spur me on again!!

I have had all my water, one bar and now a Savoury Drink. Thats it until I weigh in, then I am going to have 2 soups and a hot chocolate for tea when I get in.

Carry on the good battle!!! We are ALL winners!!

xx

Hi All,
glad you are feeling slightly better BL
Hope you feel better soon Miss Fen
Well done on the size 18 and 10 ladies!!
Good luck to all those with WI tonight
Welcome to madandirish... I started off with nearly 14 stone to lose and after just 9 weeks I have just under 10 to go!! I hope that helps you realise that it isn't such a faraway dream...LL is amazing!
To all those who are hungry... stick with it ladies... it'll be so worth it in the end :D
I'm feeling very positive today cos I put a top on that I couldn't do up 2 months ago and it's hanging on me and met friends for 'lunch' (them eating not me!) and they couldn't believe the difference (haven't seen them since before LL)... very happy bunny today :cool:

Thanks guys.

So far I think this site is amazing, it really got my through today, especially lunch time when the little hungry food people in my head where talking to me lol

I've been so cold today but I've just had the most lovely whirlpool bath...hubby only fitted it 2 weeks ago... it is just what is needed on a cold winters night!!;)

Back