Monday - Let's Do It Hour By Hour

x-Katie-x

Gold Member
Been up for hours with the worst stomach pain I've had in years, really high in my stomach and very strong. Took dulcolax last night so I'm not sure whether it's due to that.

Can't go to work as the pain really is strong so have had to email work and say that I'll take hours owing to me or a days leave as I don't want to be off sick ...... just want the pain to go.

Oh yes - hubby's advice was "don't you think you should eat something" ---- erm no!

Im having a bad start to the day too. In july last year i was in a car accident and have been left with spinal damage (not permanant but still needing treatment) last night on the way home another car went into the back of us and has aggravated my injury so i cant go to work and have to go for treatment and assessment. The worst thing was it was on a red route so couldnt pull over, by the time we could the other driver had dissappeared so we cant claim on insurance as no independent whitness pulled over either. Im so cross

Oh no what an awful thing to happen to you, especially with you already being injured.

I do hope that the damage isn't too bad and that you feel better after being treated xx

Feeling a touch better though still sore - not had any packs yet, just some water and a couple of coffees. Can't go too mad on the liquids today as it's weigh in tonight.... here's hoping for a good one :)

Hi Katie, sorry you're not feeling too good, try to not take ducolax or reduce how much you take, get it checked out from the doctor! Silhouttess, i am so so sorry, that is awful. What a shame, thank God ur both fine! That happened to me twice previously as a passenger and i suffered from a slipped disc (the worst pain ever) and was off work for 1-2 months. Take it easy and try to get Osteopathic sessions done!

Hi everyone!! Hope all that were feeling poorly are now feeling themselves again!!! (Or at least feeling someone else! :D)

Having a great day for monday - fot 5 hours OT this week!! Good thing - need the dosh!

I am wearing today a top I bought three years ago and could never wear - I loved it som much I decided to keep it, hoping (and doubting) I would ever wear it. I realised though, this is weigh in night and it will prpbably add a pound as the neckline is embeleished with meads, and mirrors, etc.!!!

Working on my water, but not going overboard until after weigh in - believing that helps now after other comments, I have slowed down. Think i need all the help I can get tonight. WHile I have been 100% (of course! :D) - I am a bit, ahem, backed up....meant to have a Dulcolas last night and forgot. :( Will do tonight. So - fingers crossed.....

Time to go back to work.

Have not been around much - been very busy with spring cleaning and what not!!! So big hi's and hugs to those that are here!!!

XX

Much the same here BL - I took the dulcolax and they did nothing but give me tummy ache, least that's what I think it was ---- it's still griping now though not as bad as earlier.

katie, have you actually been to the loo today? I find it can sometimes grumble through the day and usually soon after a grumble I need to go again.

Hi All,
Katie, hope you feel better soon
Silhouettes, hope you feel better soon too, it's a real nightmare when that happens.
BL well done on the top :D
At my mums today, had a hair cut and feeling good.
Hope you all have a pleasant afternoon/evening and those with WI tonight have a successful evening :)

Hi Katie, I had really bad stomach pains high up once or twice, do yours sort of come and go like contractions, but very high up in the ball of the stomach. I put mine down to drinking too much sparkling water and I had taken ibuforen. Since then am careful with sparkling water and dont take ibuforen.

Hope you feel better and I know that even if the pain goes it feels sore for a while.

Good luck everyone at the WIs tonight.

As you will notice really busy doing lots of AGM replies and investigations, Piorot eat your heart out.

Nice you have that old/new top on BL.:D

Nope not been to the loo - think that it just aint working for me, not taking any more though.

Cheers for the suggestion Lady but I've not drunk any sparkling water as I don't like it - though the pains are exactly as you've described ... it now feels very tender. It's wierd as when it was really bad this morning it reminded me of the pain I used to get when my gall bladder was playing up - arghhhhh.

Yep thats exactly how it feels Katie, and its confusing cause you know that you havnt got a gall bladder.

Perhaps we are more prone to these sort of tummy aches. Hope you are feeling a bit better.:hug99:

Im having a bad start to the day too. In july last year i was in a car accident and have been left with spinal damage (not permanant but still needing treatment) last night on the way home another car went into the back of us and has aggravated my injury so i cant go to work and have to go for treatment and assessment. The worst thing was it was on a red route so couldnt pull over, by the time we could the other driver had dissappeared so we cant claim on insurance as no independent whitness pulled over either. Im so cross

Oh Sils....so sorry to hear that hon. There is nothing worse then finally managing to keep an injury in check, just to have it all blown out again. You have my full sympathy, and I hope for you a very speedy recovery with no residual effects at all. :hug99:

Sending you lots of healing vibes and warm muscle soothing thoughts. :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

Do take care of yourself!! :wavey:

And one more: :vibes:

Hi everyone!

Katie, I sure hope you are feeling better soon - sure does not sound good at all. :( Here are som vibes for you too: :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

Our poor little sick pups lately at minimins. :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:here are some vibes for all the others who have been feeling poorly too!!

I feel out of touch - I have been so busy at work - between all the storms, and the earthquake, there is just no time to put our heads up....and we are doing a LOT of work on the house the last couple weeks, so now I am getting stuck in getting some things organised and shifted, and caught up - I just feel like I have overlooked or missed important news here. If I have missed anything out, and not commented - I'm sorry!!!! Its just mad at the moment. And no real end for the foreseeable future. At least the next several weeks.

Anyway - just know I am reading things, and trying to reply when I can! JUst need a few more hours in the days for a few weeks!!!

I love you guys!!!

X :)

sory to hear you arwe all feeling bad.

I dont feel ill bit for some reason tonite i could really fancy food like chicken

I dont know if this is of any help to anyone, but I thought I'd share my experience of the stomach cramp thing.

I normally have the constitution of an ox, and can take whatever tablets I need without any problems.

Last week on my week off, I wrestled with a fridge freezer in my kitchen, and managed to do some back damage.

Without thinking, I took 400mg ibuprofen and 2 paramol (paracetamol and dihydrocodeine) tablets for the pain.

Within a few hours I felt really, really nauseous and crampy.

I think due to the pure lack of anything substantial in your stomach when you are doing LL, and the fact that you are in Ketosis, I would strongly advise you avoid all forms of anti-inflammatory remedy, so stay away from Ibuprofen, Aspirin or Diclofenac.

Try a soluble paracetamol instead and see how you get on.

Cheers for the wishes everyone - still don't feel great so am going to use another days holiday tomorrow and see how I'm feeling then.

Haven't taken any painkillers or anything .............. ahhhh actually I did but they were a couple of days ago so unless it might have taken a while for my slow system to kick in :confused::confused:

BL - we know you're about and that's what matters .... just pop in when you can ..... and all that hard work is gonna be burning off the calories so look at it as a good thing :D

Back