monday morning at home weigh in

Margaretf, welcome aboard. Well done on your weight loss, that's about the rate I have been losing, about a pound a week or just under. I have lost nearly 2 stone over the last year and nearly at target, others have lost a lot more. Keep to plan, eat free foods and it will slowly come off, it is brilliant. All the best for 2012.

Welcome MargaretF and Moppet - ooh lots of lovely new peeps for a new year.

Well done Quins - way to go girl.

Well - thankfully yesterdays Christmas lunch didn't do too much damage - even after a magnificent apple strudel and custard.

1 kg off - roughly 2lbs - *sighs* with relief. Really happy with that - proves it was just food bloat!

Margaretf, welcome aboard. Well done on your weight loss, that's about the rate I have been losing, about a pound a week or just under. I have lost nearly 2 stone over the last year and nearly at target, others have lost a lot more. Keep to plan, eat free foods and it will slowly come off, it is brilliant. All the best for 2012.
Thankyou for that it has given me encouragement and happy 2012.

Welcome MargaretF and Moppet - ooh lots of lovely new peeps for a new year.

Well done Quins - way to go girl.

Well - thankfully yesterdays Christmas lunch didn't do too much damage - even after a magnificent apple strudel and custard.

1 kg off - roughly 2lbs - *sighs* with relief. Really happy with that - proves it was just food bloat!
Thankyou and well done for your weight loss so far and here's to a very happy 2012.

MargaretF - slow and steady is best! It means you're just re-educating your mind into a new way of eating which should make it easy for life!

My average loss over the 2 years I've been trying to lose weight is an impressive 0.6 lbs! But I maintained for 2 years after the first 12 month spell and did not find it too tough.

Last edited:
I've done it, I've braved the scales after giving myself a week off, disappointed that I've put on 3lbs but on the bright side it could have been much much worse! :)

I'm feeling positive, and motivated... I can get back to target! :D

Hi All, I also braved the scales this morning for the first time since before xmas and managed to only gain 1lb (really not sure how as I drank enough to sink a ship over the 2 weeks, top that with more roast dinners than I want to think about and choc snacks every day!!) However I feel bloated and horrible from the christmas period so am really happy to be back on plan today - 36.5lbs to go too target so I am hoping to get there by June (then knowing my I will still want a little more off, but I can assess that then!!)

Good luck to everyone else braving it today and here's to a much slimmer 2012 :) xx

Newbie - 1st weigh in

Hi

I'm new to the forum and so today was my first weigh in.

Alas I weighed 14st 6lbs :eek:

Oh well, as Yazz almost said, "The only way is down"

Looking forward to checking in with you guys each week.

I am 36, veggie and will be following the Green plan at home.

:)

Welcome Thin in 2012 :) - it's really good having lots of newbies this year.

You've got over the biggest hurdle - starting! The rest is easy!!!! :D

Hello everyone ...

I'm a newbie. I weighed myself this lovely, cold morning and came in at 215lbs. Now, that's bad, but not as bad as I'd thought! I actually put my weight down on here as 220lbs a couple of days ago as I'd gone completely bonkers over Christmas.

This is going to be a new start for me. It's serious now, there can be no faffing about and pretending to eat healthily! I need to do this NOW!!! I'm not going to rush it and I'm not going to try to run before I can walk. I will take baby steps and we'll see where they get me ...

I also started a food diary - please read my first day and comment - I have a lot to learn about SW and would really welcome your input!!

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...8867-moppet-scottish-american-food-diary.html

I’m going to try to stay off my scales until next Monday. I've locked them in the hall closet .... :D

Good Luck everyone!!!

Last edited:
Missed weigh in yesterday so have done it today. Went way to mad at Christmas and New Year, am very annoyed with myself. Still can start to put it right now.

Moppet said:
Hello everyone ...

I'm a newbie. I weighed myself this lovely, cold morning and came in at 215lbs. Now, that's bad, but not as bad as I'd thought! I actually put my weight down on here as 220lbs a couple of days ago as I'd gone completely bonkers over Christmas.

This is going to be a new start for me. It's serious now, there can be no faffing about and pretending to eat healthily! I need to do this NOW!!! I'm not going to rush it and I'm not going to try to run before I can walk. I will take baby steps and we'll see where they get me ...

I also started a food diary - please read my first day and comment - I have a lot to learn about SW and would really welcome your input!!

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/248867-moppet-scottish-american-food-diary.html

I’m going to try to stay off my scales until next Monday. I've locked them in the hall closet .... :D

Good Luck everyone!!!

In the Middle Ages, they had guillotines, stretch racks, whips, and chains. Nowadays, we have a much more effective torture device ... it's called the bathroom scale ….

Hi Moppet, welcome to the team!! Good for you starting now, you seem to have the right mind set and we are all here too support you :)

Good luck with avoiding the scales, unfortunately I a serial mid week weigher :(

Love your end quote :) xx

Missed weigh in yesterday so have done it today. Went way to mad at Christmas and New Year, am very annoyed with myself. Still can start to put it right now.

Hi Hun, you've done so well so far you deserved a couple of weeks to go mad :) Just think quick on, quick off - you will have any gain you may have had off in no time!! :bighug:xx

And another newbie - Welcome Moppet. Well done for starting on SW and for doing a diary. Being in the far flung reaches of the empire too I know how tricky it can be doing it on your own. So keep asking questions and we'll try and help out where we can.

suespain - good to see you here again. Apart from being off plan (who wasn't over xmas?) how are you?

Hi Hun, you've done so well so far you deserved a couple of weeks to go mad :) Just think quick on, quick off - you will have any gain you may have had off in no time!! :bighug:xx

I hope you right Kirstym, but I must admit I did enjoy myself so oh well!

And another newbie - Welcome Moppet. Well done for starting on SW and for doing a diary. Being in the far flung reaches of the empire too I know how tricky it can be doing it on your own. So keep asking questions and we'll try and help out where we can.

suespain - good to see you here again. Apart from being off plan (who wasn't over xmas?) how are you?

Hi Pommette I'm great, was way off plan and off the chart but it was good - Christmas in the UK, New Year back here - and of course had to celebrate at 12 and 1am so double the cava! Did you have a good time in Benidorm?

Benidorm was great. Although I spent Boxing Day in bed having spent 6 hours on Xmas night in the bathroom. Both ends! TMI I know :eek:

I ate something that didn't agree with me or could have been the 24 hour virus that whipped round our village the week before xmas and I avoided!

Hi Everyone!

Thanks for the lovely welcome Kirstym and Pommette!! I'm already feeling comfy here - everyone is very nice and extremely supportive!

I'm on day three tomorrow - I've had a couple of good days to start, so here's hoping that it continues!! My willpower is strong and my halo is suitably polished!!

Hope you all have a great week!

Moppet

PS ... I am so jealous of Sue and Pommette who are living in Spain! I love Iowa in the summer as the weather is gorgeous, but it's baltic here right now - I'm freezing my bum off and it's way to cold to go outside!! :gen125::gen125::gen125::gen125::gen125: :D

Benidorm was great. Although I spent Boxing Day in bed having spent 6 hours on Xmas night in the bathroom. Both ends! TMI I know :eek:

I ate something that didn't agree with me or could have been the 24 hour virus that whipped round our village the week before xmas and I avoided!

Picked that bug up when I was in Benidorm in November, was not nice - luckily it started the night I got back home.

Have thought about Benidorm for Xmas a few times, maybe in the future.

Glad you had a good time (apart from the bug).

Back