monday morning at home weigh in

Thanks for the welcome. Just getting the idea of people on here as initially did not get the weight Pommette but the realised you are maintaining. Is it easy once you have reached target or does the same mixing and measuring apply or do you get a bit of flexibility?

Thanks for the welcome. Just getting the idea of people on here as initially did not get the weight Pommette but the realised you are maintaining. Is it easy once you have reached target or does the same mixing and measuring apply or do you get a bit of flexibility?
I reached what I set as target and had my annual medical only to discover that, being the old fart that I am, I'd shrunk by ½" so needed to lose another 3 lbs to keep the same BMI.

Which is what I've been trying to do since the end of November . . . unsuccessfully! So I'm sort of maintaining.

I don't go to class as I live in Spain and have asked on a few threads about what the difference is to the plan once you reach target and have never actually had a satisfactory answer. Some people add HEXs, others extra syns. In fact I think it is actually a bit hit and miss and you just have to work out whats suits you.

I lost 2 stone in 2007, maintained for almost 3 years, and then came back to lose 2½ stone last year. How I maintained last time was by adding some extra calories and allowing myself treats - such as full fat mayo instead of light, the odd bit of butter to make a proper sauce, and using olive oil to fry instead of low fat sprays. It meant that I wasn't chaning my diet radically and was basically still sticking to the plan but with "extras" - and that worked for me.

Looking at my food for the last few weeks I've sort of been adding an extra HexB most days and a few extra syns at weekends and that seems to have helped me STS. Bit of a bummer when I've actually been trying to lose the last 3 lbs. :D

Last edited:
Dont think think I can afford to lose any height this is going to be challenge enough as it is. Thanks for advice.

Only started last week and lost 4lb first week. Never been on a group/forum but after reading all the great posts and everyone seems helpful thought i would join. Have a lot to lose but will hopefully chip away. I decided to weigh at home on Mondays hope ok to join Monday weighers as I a unsure exactly hoe to use.....

Welcome nbask :welcome:
Well done on your brill loss :)

Hi everyone, I'm late to the party but did weigh this morning (or rather yesterday - whoops must get off to bed!).

I lost 1lb this week but had a big family meal out so am pretty pleased with that.

Now i've lost the first stone I'm feeling better and determined to do more exercise. I've started today by walking a couple of laps of the local park and will try and make it a routine.

Congratulations Rachael, great news. Hi to nbask and well done on your first week.

Weighed today as forgot yesterday! Expecting a gain after my Valentines' day munching but got a STS :) x

Hope you're feeling better now Pommette :)
Thanks Suzy - feeling much better today.

I'm still not 100% but a lot better than yesterday. Managed to eat my roast gammon last night and had lots to drink to get rehydrated so faced the scales this morning.

2½ lbs off. Some of it may still go back on tomorrow but I don't care . . . because

My scenic drive has ended.

I hit final target today. So 5½ years later I'm 67¾ lbs lighter = 4 st 11¾ lbs. :D

When I started I doubted I'd ever get here but I have so as we had a lunch out with friends planned already for today I had just have a wee celebration.

So I'm going nowhere near the scales tomorrow! How's that for a scaley dale hopper!

Well done Pommette :party0019::party0019:

In 4lbs time I'll be joining you...goodness only knows when that will be though! :)
Thanks Suzy - you've done it once, and you can do it again. Just take it gently and don't pressure yourself too much. 4 lbs is nowt in the grand scheme of things.

I wish you the best for the last bit Suzyflo. Cant wait to be so close to target but sounds like it will be worth the effort.

Think I am 1st in this morning and lost 1.5lbs. Does that sound about right for week 2?
Best of luck to the rest of you.

After getting on the scales last Monday and seeing a weight of 11.5 stone I realised that I had to get my head into gear. At one point I was 5lb away from target, so to see that last Monday I was 19lbs away I was very disappointed in myself. It took a long time to get that close to target previously.

My head hasn’t been in the right place since Xmas and all I have wanted to do was eat, well no more. This week I have been 100% on track and done at least 1hr exercise per day.

A loss of 3 lbs for me this week, bringing me to 11.2

To keep me on track with the exercise I am aiming to do at least 15 hours next month of exercise (starting 1 March), would you like to join me? Just let me know on the thread the amount of hours you hope to achieve during March and I will add you. Thread: http://www.minimins.com/fitness-exercise/261262-exercise-challenge-march-2012-a.html

I want to achieve the 10 stone target weight by 30 April, which is about a 2lb loss per week – this may or may not be achievable, but I am going to have a good try!

Good luck to all weighing in today, and don’t forget to add your exercise aim for March in the Exercise Challenge March 2012 thread.

After getting on the scales last Monday and seeing a weight of 11.5 stone I realised that I had to get my head into gear. At one point I was 5lb away from target, so to see that last Monday I was 19lbs away I was very disappointed in myself. It took a long time to get that close to target previously.

My head hasn’t been in the right place since Xmas and all I have wanted to do was eat, well no more. This week I have been 100% on track and done at least 1hr exercise per day.

A loss of 3 lbs for me this week, bringing me to 11.2

To keep me on track with the exercise I am aiming to do at least 15 hours next month of exercise (starting 1 March), would you like to join me? Just let me know on the thread the amount of hours you hope to achieve during March and I will add you. Thread: http://www.minimins.com/fitness-exercise/261262-exercise-challenge-march-2012-a.html

I want to achieve the 10 stone target weight by 30 April, which is about a 2lb loss per week – this may or may not be achievable, but I am going to have a good try!

Good luck to all weighing in today, and don’t forget to add your exercise aim for March in the Exercise Challenge March 2012 thread.

Well done on getting that motivation back, that's definitely half of the battle when it comes to weight loss. I've just noticed your incredible loss so far! Wow :eek:! Congrats on your weigh in week too, you're clearly back on track :D

I shall be joining you in your aim to do 15 hours of exercise in March- what a great way to keep on track!

See you on the Exercise Challenge March 2012 thread :)

Morning All - after missing WI last week due to my bday I jumped on the scales this morning to a 2.75lbs lost, chuffed is an understatement :) That means I have now secured my place in the 11's as I am now 11st 10.5lbs so time to see those single figures next week!!!

Good luck to everyone for WI today :) xx

Well done ladies.

I lost 2.6lbs last week.

I only managed to get out walking twice but I have been getting off my bum to do some gardening as well.

I tend to be a bit 'all or nothing' so I think if I build in more exercise sessions gradually I might have a better chance of keeping it up. So I'm going to aim for 3 times this week.

Back