monday morning at home weigh in

Thank you, you lovely lot.

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post but can you advise if I should definately eat my Healthy Extras each day, I've been skiving them and only having them when I fancy them but I've been advised they help weight loss. Is this true?

Thank you all x

Hey everyone
Well... despite feeling utterly rubbish at the weekend and like I had completely ruined my week, I actually lost 3lbs :) Not as much as I would have liked or should have lost!! But, its a start and has inspired me to go on.

Well done to everyone else this week :) and thankyou for the wonderful words of encouragement youre all fantastic xxxxx

Thank you, you lovely lot.

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post but can you advise if I should definately eat my Healthy Extras each day, I've been skiving them and only having them when I fancy them but I've been advised they help weight loss. Is this true?

Thank you all x

Yes you should definitely have your healthy extras each day, they are an important part of the plan :)

I use "holiday" in the losest possible sense. I am actually staying at the MIL's and as we have never seen eye-to-eye I alwasy find it stressful. The older she gets the more difficult she becomes, and the older I get the more intolerant I get.

Ah, that does put a slightly different slant on it...awkward situation. Hope you still have a good time though :)

Ladies,

I felt a need to post right now....on lunch break at work and treated myself to a fat free muller light coconut flavour - omg devine... I love it... feel like i'm having a malibu at work.

Have a good day all
x

Yummy - sounds amazing! I can't get Muller Lights over in the USA, but they have lots of different brands. My favourites at the moment are caramel and also pear, which is unusual - but delicious! Now you've made me hungry lol .. and I've just had breakfast!!

Have a good one! :D

Morning Monday weighers!! I have STS this week!! im ok about it as I lost 9lb in the first 2 weeks so my body may be having a little protest lol good luck everyone xxx

Hey folks - hope you don't mind me jumping in here but I'm just trying to get back on to the plan from home and starting back today after a 2 year break. Can I join your WI's here? It's a fab way to keep motivated without going to class!
Start Date - 7th May '12 - Start Weight - 13st 10 lbs - Goal Weight 9st 7lbs.

Hope this is ok

cheers

Elspeth xx

Hope everyone is enjoying the bank holiday weekend :)

I had a good week with a 3lb loss giving me my 3 stone shiny.

1lb of me today which is absaloutley amazing considering how much junk i have ate this weekend so pretty pleased but back to being etremely good this week and weekend I WILL HAVE A BIG LOSS!!! :) x

Hi everyone! Hope y'all had a nice bank holiday and well done to losers! And STS peeps too! Ok, it's technically Tuesday now but I've lost another 2lb this week! Can't believe it, chugging along... Anyway, just as an aside if anyone wants to offer any insight, does anyone get a bit sort of scared when they see their body changing? I'm having a hard time imagining what it's going to be like when I'm at target - will I like it? Will I feel like me? I kind of feel like I'm happy where I'm now at body wise but that's ridiculous because I'm still about 3 stone overweight! What's that about?! Funny thing the mind... I'm defo keeping on though, for my health more than anything. Have a good week everyone :) xx

Good Morning!

Well done to everyone! I'm running a bit late this week - I STS ... which I have no problem with! Hopefully I'll show more of a loss next week! Welcome and good luck Elspeth!

Morning peeps - and welcome Elspeth, nice to have another Monday girl.

I faced the scales on Tuesday after I got home and . . . I've gained 1.6 kgs whilst we were in the UK.
That's 3½ lbs which puts me way over target and back over 12 st which I said I would never do again! :eek: :cry:

I know some of it will be water retention from the flight but the rest is just far too many carbs and full fat stuff.
Back to lots of red days to shift it methinks.

Hi everyone! Hope y'all had a nice bank holiday and well done to losers! And STS peeps too! Ok, it's technically Tuesday now but I've lost another 2lb this week! Can't believe it, chugging along... Anyway, just as an aside if anyone wants to offer any insight, does anyone get a bit sort of scared when they see their body changing? I'm having a hard time imagining what it's going to be like when I'm at target - will I like it? Will I feel like me? I kind of feel like I'm happy where I'm now at body wise but that's ridiculous because I'm still about 3 stone overweight! What's that about?! Funny thing the mind... I'm defo keeping on though, for my health more than anything. Have a good week everyone :) xx

It's great that you feel happy with your body :) and it can feel strange seeing yourself change when you've been used to looking and feeling a certain way.

I've read that sometimes we hang on to weight for subconscious reasons. I'm an introvert by nature and don't like to be the centre of attention and I can see that I might have subconsciously used my weight to avoid getting attention. Try and think if there is any reason your subconscious might want to hang on to your weight (remembering that the subconscious isn't always logical!).

You are doing really well, and remember your target isn't set in stone you can call target wherever you feel comfortable - one of the things I love about Slimming World!

Well done on the 2 lbs this week and the weight loss so far.

As Pigler says, the subconscious mind is a devil though.
When I started on SW over 5½ years ago I set my initial target to lose 2 st.
Well it took me 12 months to get there, I got bored doing it in Spain on my own and decided enough was enough.
I too was happy that I'd lost lots of weight, dropped 1½ clothes sizes and so decided a wee pause was what I needed.
My sub-conscious was saying "You're fine, you look better so there's no need to lose any more, is there?"
Like you I couldn't imaging what I would look like a further 3 stone lighter.

So I maintained for 3 years and then found an awful photo taken of me at my fattest and I jumped straight back on the SW wagon.

12 months on I'd lost almost another 3 stone and now I'm even happier with how I look and feel.
It's not what I envisaged I would look like because it's even better than I thought it would be.
So defininitely keep chugging on - don't let you mind play games. You will love the new you when you get there.

There may be things that you won't be 100% happy with. I'm unhappy with my flobby bingo wings but at nearer 60 than 50 it's unlikely that the loose skin will go away (although it is better than it was 6 months ago) and there's no way I'm having surgery to get rid of them so this is the new me. But I love the fact that I now have a waist again, I can buy clothes that fit - including a pair of knee high boots. Now I've not worn them in over 25 years!!!

hi ive done slimming world last year and lost 2 stone but me being me ive eaten so much crap since i left in october ive put 1 and a half on again, i need some online friends to give me motivation to get there again please and beyond!
im a veggy and will be following green plan

Hi, can I join this monday morning weigh in as well, please.
I haven’t done slimming world in the past, but going to make Monday, my weigh in day.
I weighed in at 23st 5lb; I now weigh 22 stone

I'm doing this on my own, (although I convinced my daughter to do it as well; but she not as determined as I am) from books I purchses of the internet, as I can't get to a meeting.

Thanks
Carol

Welcome and good luck Carol - you've made a great start chica. Onwards & downwards hun.

Welcome Carol and well done on your progress so far :)

There are a lot of us doing SW on our own and this is definitely the place to come for help and support.

Back